Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    So your only intention to post in this thread was criticize me because I couldn't detect slams sarcasm?? Even though he made no obvious indicatition he was trying be sarcastic . Gotcha .
    It's pretty obvious if you...read his post. The second part of it even highlights his disdain for those with the NIMBY mindset.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

She should have a choice:
    A. 25 years in prison, minimum.
    B. Pay him $5k per year for the rest of his life.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

My 2 cents - 3 years is WAY too light of a sentence. She severely maimed this guy for life. We're talking about every single tooth in his mouth. I think at least 10 years imprisonment is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by RatFace View Post
    Sorry, I think even 18-20 is a little excessive for what she did.

How is his life ruined forever? You do know there are things called implants and dentures right?

I never said that 20 years for spitting in a drink wasn't excessive.

I'm 22 right now and if someone pulled out all my teeth and I had to wear dentures. 30 years would seem acceptable to me. Its effectively ruining this dudes life. Probably messes up his looks which might impact future employment and how he supports himself. More importantly it also opens his mouth up to a higher risk of disease and infection. This changes this dudes life dramatically.

I think 3 years is way too short a sentence for someone who effectively mutilated this man.

I think the contention is that it's "ruining his life".

Point one, it doesn't "ruin" any part of his life. Having to have dentures isn't ruining anything. It's annoying sometimes, but it's not a life destroyer. It's teeth, not a frickin' leg or arm.

Point two, it doesn't ruin "his life". It will have a small impact, but it won't destroy any part of his life. The trauma of the action might have more impact than having to have dentures, but having dentures alone isn't going to affect his life in anything more than a minimal manner.

I don't really have an opinion on the sentencing, and we all agree it was a bullshit move deserving of judicial action, but this whole "ruining his life" thing is an incredibly over the top exaggeration driven by emotion not logic.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

If your teeth were pulled out , your life wouldn't drastically change?

Drastically? No. Absolutely not to the point of "ruin".
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

What would be a sufficient time in jail for nut a case who pulled out someone's teeth? 3 years? One month??
    Three years sounds about right, you would not get more for practical purposes if you did it with a fist.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

No actually I was wondering if you knew what was going on since you havent giving your opinion on the topic at hand.
    You actually believe that knowing what is being said has any relationship to posting an opinion on it? You prove that false with almost every post

So your only intention to post in this thread was criticize me because I couldn't detect slam's sarcasm? Even though he made no obvious indicatition he was trying be sarcastic . Gotcha .
    The post was obviously sarcasm since Slam is both too intelligent and too sane for it to be anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I think the contention is that it's "ruining his life".

Point one, it doesn't "ruin" any part of his life. Having to have dentures isn't ruining anything. It's annoying sometimes, but it's not a life destroyer. It's teeth, not a frickin' leg or arm.

Point two, it doesn't ruin "his life". It will have a small impact, but it won't destroy any part of his life. The trauma of the action might have more impact than having to have dentures, but having dentures alone isn't going to affect his life in anything more than a minimal manner.

I don't really have an opinion on the sentencing, and we all agree it was a bullshit move deserving of judicial action, but this whole "ruining his life" thing is an incredibly over the top exaggeration driven by emotion not logic.
    With modern permanent Dentures it would only be a mild inconvenience

Even the old-style "plates" I have aren't that much bother.
    'Dox out.

If your teeth were pulled out , your life wouldn't drastically change?
    It would change hardly at all. ask someone who wears dentures, especial someone with current tech dentures. getting a dozen teeth knocked out didn't ruin my life in the least, but It hurt like hell when it happened

Why would you think it would drastically change his life, It didn't even change G. Washington's life much

Jeez, you Yanks aren't half bloody sensitive when it comes to someone elses teeth.
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Three years sounds about right, you would not get more for practical purposes if you did it with a fist.
    Basically. Although couple it with despite going to dental school for however many years that takes, she will never practice dentistry again.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com