Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

scott would actually bring something different to the book,it wouldnt read or look likenit has under perez,jurgens,giffen,and superman needs a lil shakeup.

i also think it would be silly for scott to drop superboy,when its another SUPER,and if he kept superman,superboy,and teen titans that would be three of the six in continuity SUPER related books(others are action,JL,and supergirl),that means more cohesive storytelling,and darn it clark needs to give SB his conner kent name,and that would happen much smoother with lobdell writing them both.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

Dead in a comic does not mean dead. No matter what THEY say.

I don't want to be that mean. Edit.
    Last edited by custodes; 04-30-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    Namor is King! Killraven too. Mantis is the greatest!

Shatterstar is gay. Deadpool is Bi.

I really don't think Clark is gonna have much motivation to give Kon the Kent name anytime soon. He hasn't even met the kid yet, and I'm not yet unconvinced there's not going to be a lot more friction between the two than there ever was in the past, much like YJ. To me, part of the motivation for the new origins of the "Kon-El" name that Kara gave him, and that its not a term of endearment, could be because with the planned friction it wouldn't make sense for Superman to give Superboy any name relative to his own out of friendship. Yet a the same time they wanted him to have at least one of his other names as soon as possible. Thus "Kon-El", a generic title for El clones in this continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I really don't think Clark is gonna have much motivation to give Kon the Kent name anytime soon. He hasn't even met the kid yet, and I'm not yet unconvinced there's not going to be a lot more friction between the two than there ever was in the past, much like YJ. To me, part of the motivation for the new origins of the "Kon-El" name that Kara gave him, and that its not a term of endearment, could be because with the planned friction it wouldn't make sense for Superman to give Superboy any name relative to his own out of friendship. Yet a the same time they wanted him to have at least one of his other names as soon as possible. Thus "Kon-El", a generic title for El clones in this continuity.

dude you just described how you get to the conner kent name.of course it wont be quick and easy,and it shouldnt be,i want pissed off kryptonins and hybrid clonesgoing at each other,atleast for awhile.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    I wanted to give Action a try and I keep trying to like it, but I can't. I wanted to read about a young Superman who was a social justice crusader, who made mistakes, and who learned and matured. I have not read that story yet. There were bits and pieces of that story, but most of it got lost among numerous detours and yet another story about Superman going up against Metallo, Lex, and Brainiac. But I'm glad you're enjoying it.
    That is true, there wasn't a whole lot of that, and it was what got me initially invested and hyped for Action...but even Morrison's standard high-concept sci-fi Superman is still hella fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    scott would actually bring something different to the book,it wouldnt read or look likenit has under perez,jurgens,giffen,and superman needs a lil shakeup.
    That is a good point--to my knowledge, Jurgens had a long run on Superman, and Perez and Giffen's had some arcs, so maybe someone who hasn't written him before would make for a good shake-up.

Not really impressed with Lobdells work to be honest.

I've already dropped Teen Titans & Superboy, they were moving way too slowly.

Also felt he made unnecessary changes to Superboys origin, how hard is it to just have him being created by Project Cadmus, it's not like you change the planet Superman is from, plus N.O.W.H.E.R.E. just seems like a toolish copy of The Agenda.

Could easily have just had the Super-clone being created by Cadmus and stolen by The Agenda.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Scott Lobdell on Superman?
    What could I have possibly done to deserve such punishment?

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Wolf View Post
    Not really impressed with Lobdells work to be honest.

I've already dropped Teen Titans & Superboy, they were moving way too slowly.

Also felt he made unnecessary changes to Superboys origin, how hard is it to just have him being created by Project Cadmus, it's not like you change the planet Superman is from, plus N.O.W.H.E.R.E. just seems like a toolish copy of The Agenda.

Could easily have just had the Super-clone being created by Cadmus and stolen by The Agenda.

scott wanted to put a new spin on SB,add what was good during the kesel and johns days,and make the rest a fresh start.oh and cadmus did have some to do with creating him,just not the only one.

cant believe you dropped the book before this drawn out crossover was over,dont you know the best is yet to come
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    What could I have possibly done to deserve such punishment?

are you serious? you need to be on daytime soap opera,good lord over dramatizing.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I think he's doing pretty good on the books he does write, but I don' think he's the right guy for Superman.
    Dude, have you been reading Teen Titans??? Its a mess. Superboy's okay and I haven't been reading Red Hood and the Outlaws, but come on!! If the guy is failing on Teen Titans, then he's going to fail Superman.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    ...Hmm...I don't think he's a bad writer in the least--in fact, I'm enjoying Red Hood and Teen Titans--but I'm not 100% sold. It has potential, though. Would probably be better than Jurgens writing it.
    I agree. If I could say anything more useful or substantive, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I think he's doing pretty good on the books he does write, but I don' think he's the right guy for Superman.
    And I have a similar feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    No. I know he's busy with Smallville: Season 11, but can't DC give Bryan Q. Miller a chance?
    Giving the best new writer DC has gotten in years (better than Snyder or Lemire, to be sure) a chance on a secondary book for a Trinity member (so pretty much an A-list book) instead of a similar book with the name association of mild vomit? DC is a strange beast. Why add Smallville when they could do the same damn thing on Superman, that existing fans would buy instead of the dubious TV market...

I might get this. Probably drop Superboy for it, its getting dull. I doubt Lobdell will drop a title, though one a week is the absolute max for writers on a regular basis. Hope Booth stays on Titans, I'm liking his work there too much. Lobdell needs a good artist though, his Superboy is marred by ugly art.

Dude, have you been reading Teen Titans??? Its a mess. Superboy's okay and I haven't been reading Red Hood and the Outlaws, but come on!! If the guy is failing on Teen Titans, then he's going to fail Superman.
    He's not failing on Titans. Dare I say it, the title is the best its ever been. No more Johns or post Johns mess, no more overly 80s meaningless NTT, no more 90s stuff no one even remembers. Better than YJ too, and the characters are written well. The antagonist kinda sucks, but the heroes and team dynamic is awesome when the villains and tendency to word spam don't wreak it. Superboy I feel is variable and weak.
    Last edited by vampiric_cannibal; 04-30-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1cd.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	92681

Could help link up Superboy and Superman better, at least. I'll give it a shot.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

DiDio and Harras, you geniuses. You've done it again.

Why not go the whole hog and put Liefeld on art duties?
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

How come no one is using this as a reason to rail against Bleeding Cool? There's such a thing as tradition...

Quote Originally Posted by RichJohnston View Post
    How come no one is using this as a reason to rail against Bleeding Cool? There's such a thing as tradition...
    There are some things in the industry worse than even you, Rich.