Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Ive really been enjoying Superboy so dont wont see Lobdell drop it for Superman I dont think we because unlike Superboy can't take risks on Superman I hope keeps Superboy Teen Titans Superman and drops Red Hood which I dont think happen mostly likely be Superboy if Does happen then I hope Superboy gets a good Writer, no dont think should be Tom Defalco I like his Legion Lost dont think he suits Superboy.

Elder Member

...I'm gonna need more booze.

BANNED

I will wait till its confirmed by a proper source before getting completely worked up about it, but if its true, I hope it means he looses TT.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    ...Hmm...I don't think he's a bad writer in the least--in fact, I'm enjoying Red Hood and Teen Titans--but I'm not 100% sold. It has potential, though. Would probably be better than Jurgens writing it.
    I hope this has something to do with rumors of Giffen returning to JLI and Legion.
    Sorry, I know Jurgens is a part of Superman history, but the guy is pure vanilla when it comes to penning stories.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    I hope this has something to do with rumors of Giffen returning to JLI and Legion.
    Sorry, I know Jurgens is a part of Superman history, but the guy is pure vanilla when it comes to penning stories.
    That would actually be good if Giffen returned to JLI.

Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!

Well, it looks like DC Comics track record the last decade or so of musical chairs for Superman continues.

Here's a crazy idea, Dan, Jim and Matt...how about giving a creative team time to actually build a run and to build to something before pulling the plug and giving the book to someone else?

Since 2006, the main BATMAN tittle has had three writers (Grant Morrison, Tony Daniel, and now Scott Snyder), one of which was on the book for over half that time, and all of which have worked on various BATMAN books for at least two years or more and are still all working on Batman.

SUPERMAN has had SIX (Kurt Busiek, James Robinson,JMS, Chris Roberson, George Perez, Giffen/Jurgens), with the last four over the span of two years. and that's not counting the similar musical chairs on ACTION COMICS.

If this is true, it looks like the same neglect and lack of any real tangible creative direction for the SUPERMAN franchise continues in the "New 52". The only thing thats different is that leading up to this they changed the costume and tossed away the last 25 years of continuity. How Matt Idelson keeps his job as the editor of SUPERMAN is beyond me.

I'll give it a chance, because I love the character...but I have a feeling that whether Scott Lobdell (if he is the writer) turns out to be good or a dud, he will only be on for about 6 issues too, before the next placeholder is brought in...and the next...and the next.

It's this kind of thing that makes me wonder IF the best thing for the Superman character and franchise would be for DC/Warners to lose the rights? Based on the last decade, I can't imagine Marc Toberoff doing much worse as a steward of the character. Who knows, maybe he could actually have the patience to hire a creative staff, back off and let them actually have breathing room to...y'know, CREATE without having the rug constantly pulled before any progress is made.

I'm starting to think DC secretly wants to eventually be rid of Superman, either by losing the rights, or driving enough readers away to justify benching the character and cancelling his monthlies. That way they can open up two to four extra publishing slots a month for more Batman or Green Lantern related titles.

DC Comics: We have Batman and Green Lantern. Who cares about Superman? F--k Superman!!

Last edited by manofsteel1979; 05-01-2012 at 05:32 AM.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

wouldn't it be great if DC would actual put an up and coming indie writer on this title so the world could see his/her talent
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by RichJohnston View Post
    How come no one is using this as a reason to rail against Bleeding Cool? There's such a thing as tradition...
    why would we rail against bleeding cool. There always the first to report these things. I appreciate their timeliness

Brett Booth should come along with him maybe...he's an impressive artist

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    ...I'm gonna need more booze.
    best answer all day.

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    wouldn't it be great if DC would actual put an up and coming indie writer on this title so the world could see his/her talent
    I know that he has been working in the industry for a while and may not qualify as "up and coming" but I would love to see Mark A. Smith (Gladstone's School for World Conquerors) writing, teamed up with either Chad Hardin (Traveler), Roberto Viacava (Absolution) or Garrie M. Gastonny (Supergod)

Hardin was actually doing work for DC before Boom, on books like Reign in Hell and a few other magic books around that time.

Anyway, I think putting a brit on a Superman title is pretty much the only way to go at this point, so I'd like to see someone like Rob Williams, John Smith or Ian Edington get a shot, if they're interested.

Otherwise guys like Nick Spencer, Joshua Hale Fialkov, and Jeff Parker would all be welcome.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Hardin was actually doing work for DC before Boom, on books like Reign in Hell and a few other magic books around that time.

Anyway, I think putting a brit on a Superman title is pretty much the only way to go at this point, so I'd like to see someone like Rob Williams, John Smith or Ian Edington get a shot, if they're interested.

Otherwise guys like Nick Spencer, Joshua Hale Fialkov, and Jeff Parker would all be welcome.
    I might've missed Hardin's DC stuff... Traveler sticks out in my mind.

Are Nick Spencer and Jeff Parker exclusive to Marvel?

Would definitely be for the Last of the Greats team of Joshua Hale Fialkov and Brent Peeples... but I really want them to do Return of the Greats!

Nick Spencer has no announced Marvel work. He was taken off the only ongoing book he was doing (Ultimate X Men), and his only other announced project has been canceled (Doom). I think his Marvel exclusive was for a year, and it has wrapped up, and i don't think they renewed it. He seems to be refocusing on Image, with a new mini out from them soon, and I'm hoping he's talking to DC. He's already got a relationship with Wil Moss.

Jeff Parker is doing a story for the Batman digital stuff coming out soon, so I think he might be off Marvel exclusive. There are a number of rumors that both companies are releasing people from exclusives. That's how the guy who is doing the Earth one graphic novels, Shane Davis, did some Marvel covers recently.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

I hated his first Red hood outlaws issue. Meh. I generally don't like his work