Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    It's so unfortunate that DC has made a clusterf*** out of Superman. Action started with a bang but Superman keeps changing writers and nobody seems to have a good idea or plan for him. Maybe they should get Morrison lol.
    It's going to keep going until Didio and Lee finds the right robot ahhh person.

Hmmm Lobdell taking over Superman has crossed my mind, though he's not my first choice for the title. He'll probably bring more Wildstorm elements into the book which I would like.

But frankly I would like DC to steal Christos Gage from Marvel and put him on Superman with art by Yildiray Cinar or Pete Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Actually Lobdell has crafted Kory into quite the interesting character since that first issue. The title has received much praise since.
    Star Fire was already an interesting character way before Lobdell started writing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Star Fire was already an interesting character way before Lobdell started writing her.
    Dude why do you spell Starfire's name like that?

I never said she wasn't. I was talking strictly the new 52 version and how the character rebounded after that first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Dude why do you spell Starfire's name like that?
    its how I differentiate the DCnU Star Fire from the true Starfire

its how I differentiate the DCnU Star Fire from the true Starfire
    I see what you mean. There is Superman and then there is Nuperman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I see what you mean. There is Superman and then there is Nuperman.
    lol. To each their own. I'm actually okay with new Superman. What buggs you most? The costume or simply how he is written and/or characterized?

lol. To each their own. I'm actually okay with new Superman. What buggs you most? The costume or simply how he is written and/or characterized?
    Oh The Costume above all else. Some of what Morrison is doing is actually very old school Superman which is good. I could take the good with the bad there. It's the damn joke they made of the costume and listening to people they never should ever listen to that bothers me to no end. I'm a believer that if there is one character that should be above this whole let's change the classic look to something more modern it's Superman. The character is timeless and has had the basic look for over 65 years. Yes the trunks look stupid we all know that but that is not the point. The point is that they are as much a part of the Superman legacy as anything else.

out chasing comets Kevin Street's Avatar

No. Just no.

I want to read a monthly Superman series (along with Action), but if Lobdell becomes the new writer I won't be reading it. I haven't held on for eight issues to get Scott Lobdell. No.

BANNED

Kind of, but her character diminished considerably as of late until now.

Okay, I like Lobdell's New 52 work for the most part, but four series is gonna be way too much for him to keep track of.

I expect that he'll drop Superboy for it.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Shouldn't Jason Todd be dead or shooting someone with a red mask on. Was he still brought back by Ras Al Ghul in this universe.
    I'm going to go with "no," then.

Of course, but what Lobdell's been doing is more in line with what Wolfman/Perez did with her originally (hell, give her a best gal-pal and a team that stops her from killing people and she'd basically be the Wolfman/Perez Starfire), and you have to admit that the last great appearance with her pre-New 52 was probably 52.

Superman has held onto my pull list by the skin of it's fingernails for 8 issues, and now this?

Looks like that spot finally opened up...

I was looking for a little consistency on the creative team, which I thought we got when Jurgens/Giffen came on. But now there's another shake-up and quite frankly there are other titles out there that deserve my attention. Thanks anyways DC, Action will have to go it alone from now on.

Still brought back by Ra's Al Ghul? He was brought back by Superboy Prime's reality-punch. You're thinking of the Under the Red Hood animated movie.