Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Scott Lobdell on Superman?

I don't mind the man's work, but come on, 4 titles???

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/...urgens-giffen/

And this is one he'd be especially ill suited for, I should think .
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I'm not quit sure what to think of this.

BANNED

Of course, what Superman obviously needs is a heavy dose of "Project N.O.W.H.E.R.E."... lol no.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

...Hmm...I don't think he's a bad writer in the least--in fact, I'm enjoying Red Hood and Teen Titans--but I'm not 100% sold. It has potential, though. Would probably be better than Jurgens writing it.

might be to tie up Superman with Superboy more than anything else

but it does beg to question the fact that DC seems to be out of writers

I mean Johns in 3 titles, Morrison in 2, Lodbell on 4, Liefeld on 3

get more new guys!
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

BANNED

I think he's doing pretty good on the books he does write, but I don' think he's the right guy for Superman.

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

It's almost as if DC is doing everything in it's power to ensure I'll never again buy a Superman title that's not penned by that mangy Scots git.

Ugh. What is it going to take to get an A-list in-his-prime writer on this book? I'm assuming Lobdell would drop one of his other titles for this, and he is okay and all, but...

COME ON!!!! This should be one of the flagship titles!

No. I know he's busy with Smallville: Season 11, but can't DC give Bryan Q. Miller a chance?

Well..I like him, certainly, but I'm with others wondering if he's a fit for the character. And he does have a lot on his plate as it is. But more importantly, why, for a flagship title, is Superman continuously being passed like a hot potato like this? Its concerning to say the least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    No. I know he's busy with Smallville: Season 11, but can't DC give Bryan Q. Miller a chance?
    They wouldn't have him write Smallville and Superman. Though I would have preferred him writing Superman over Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane38 View Post
    Why can't they give anyone a chance? I like Superboy and Teen Titans well enough but bring in someone new or at the very least someone from your bullpen. Get some different voices and styles in the mix.

At least there is still a chance this isn't true.

We'll see. I think his books have faults (his last two issues of Teen Titans were verbous to the point of unconsciousness), but they still manage to be fun most of the times, I will try before passing judgment.
    But surely, 4 books is kind of overkill. They should give other people more chances.
    I mean, it's Superman, people are gonna buy it no matter who writes it.

So Giffen to Legion and Lobdell to Superman?

It seems very strange to me that even as Superman is supposed to be younger, 'hipper', more relatable... that the Superman team seems astoundingly opposed to putting any younger talent on their books.

I mean, Morrison is certainly capable of doing new and vibrant and what not, but he's quite an old man at this point. Green and Johnson are hardly young, certainly they don't scream 'youth' in the work they do; Scott Lobdell has to be in his forties and fifties. Perez, Giffen, Jurgens...a veterans.

And again, that's light to denegrate any of those guys at all, because they all are capable of putting out good work (well, except for Jurgens for me). But given what they are trying to do with the New 52 in general, but Superman specifically (working against the idea that he's a giant establishment/father figure, basically) it seems strange that they aren't even trying to reach out to newer voices like Nick Spencer, Matt Kindt, Brian Clevinger, Joshua Fialkov, etc. Especially since a number of them are already in their stable (Fialkov was set to write a STeel back up and currently does I, Vampire and has said he wants Superman, Kindt is doing Frankenstein).
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/