Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 92
  1. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    OMD does not troll its just that a bizarre love of moonstone can get you sick
    What's wrong with liking MOONSTONE?

  2. #47
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    What's wrong with liking MOONSTONE?
    Nothing at all

    But Seriously this is the final point of this thread!
    Sharon Carter was Under the Mental Conrtol and Manipulation of the Red Skull, she is in no way responsible for her actions, and even if she in someway was she made up for it by being instrumental in bringing him back to life in Captain America Reborn, have you read it?

  3. #48
    rich hypocrites Exo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,593

    Default

    If Maria Hill could break free from the Controller, a villain who happens to specialize in controlling things, then there's no excuse/hope for Sharon Carter.

    Maria had a 'slave disc' lodged deep into her neck. Sharon was reprogrammed using 17th century hypnotherapy.

    Maria is evil. Bad guys are more weak willed, easier to manipulate and often give in to suggestion.

    Now I know that things turned out great in the end, but what about the next time? Can Steve be so lucky that Sharon won't put an actual bullet in his head? I doubt it. I think Steve would fair better if he'd dump Sharon for her evil sister. I'd bet the sex would a lot better too (angry sex tends to be better).
    [Level 1 antagonism]
    Homer: Ned Flanders, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish to the eyes of others.
    Ned: Well howdy, Homer! Thanks for dropping by!
    [Level 2 antagonism]
    Homer: Past instances in which I professed to like you, were fraudulent.
    Ned: Oh well. I'll just have to try harder. Thanks for dropping by!
    [Maximum hostility factor]
    Homer: I engaged in intercourse with your spouse or significant other. Now that's psychiatry!

  4. #49
    rich hypocrites Exo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    But Seriously this is the final point of this thread!
    Sharon Carter was Under the Mental Conrtol and Manipulation of the Red Skull, she is in no way responsible for her actions, and even if she in someway was she made up for it by being instrumental in bringing him back to life in Captain America Reborn, have you read it?
    I think that deep down, some small part of her wanted to shoot Steve. She'll always be the girl that shot Captain America to me.
    [Level 1 antagonism]
    Homer: Ned Flanders, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish to the eyes of others.
    Ned: Well howdy, Homer! Thanks for dropping by!
    [Level 2 antagonism]
    Homer: Past instances in which I professed to like you, were fraudulent.
    Ned: Oh well. I'll just have to try harder. Thanks for dropping by!
    [Maximum hostility factor]
    Homer: I engaged in intercourse with your spouse or significant other. Now that's psychiatry!

  5. #50
    Elder Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    18,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exo View Post
    If Maria Hill could break free from the Controller, a villain who happens to specialize in controlling things, then there's no excuse/hope for Sharon Carter.

    Maria had a 'slave disc' lodged deep into her neck. Sharon was reprogrammed using 17th century hypnotherapy.

    Maria is evil. Bad guys are more weak willed, easier to manipulate and often give in to suggestion.

    Now I know that things turned out great in the end, but what about the next time? Can Steve be so lucky that Sharon won't put an actual bullet in his head? I doubt it. I think Steve would fair better if he'd dump Sharon for her evil sister. I'd bet the sex would a lot better too (angry sex tends to be better).
    It was Faustus' mind control, which has been very effective on many others including Cap himself, and is based on techniques far more recent than the 17th century. Heck, the very term hypnosis wasn't coined until the 19th century, let alone hypnotherapy.

    Honestly, I'd say that Faustus has a better track record actually controlling people than the Controller with his silly little disks.

  6. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    He already did. He banged some elf girl in Avengers Prime.
    What happens in Lothlorien stays in Lothlorien.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

  7. #52
    rich hypocrites Exo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    It was Faustus' mind control, which has been very effective on many others including Cap himself, and is based on techniques far more recent than the 17th century. Heck, the very term hypnosis wasn't coined until the 19th century, let alone hypnotherapy.
    Not only did you take what I said seriously, but enough to run a facts check. Understand that, while I'm skeptical about the techniques Faustus pulled on Sharon actually existing in real life, it's the beside the point I was making. Which was a funny one.
    [Level 1 antagonism]
    Homer: Ned Flanders, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish to the eyes of others.
    Ned: Well howdy, Homer! Thanks for dropping by!
    [Level 2 antagonism]
    Homer: Past instances in which I professed to like you, were fraudulent.
    Ned: Oh well. I'll just have to try harder. Thanks for dropping by!
    [Maximum hostility factor]
    Homer: I engaged in intercourse with your spouse or significant other. Now that's psychiatry!

  8. #53
    Elder Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    18,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exo View Post
    Not only did you take what I said seriously, but enough to run a facts check. Understand that, while I'm skeptical about the techniques Faustus pulled on Sharon actually existing in real life, it's the beside the point I was making. Which was a funny one.
    You'd be funnier if you knew which century was which. And no, didn't need fact checking for that, or to know that even if you want to count mesmerism as hypnotism, even Franz Mesmer is 18th century, not 17th.

    Anyway, I'm not sure what the joke was intended to be... old techniques (real or fictional) are not good? Good guys who can be mind controlled suck? Is there even a punchline there?

  9. #54
    rich hypocrites Exo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    You'd be funnier if you knew which century was which.
    17 contra 19, I don't see the distinction in funny-level between these two.

    Anyway, I'm not sure what the joke was intended to be... old techniques (real or fictional) are not good? Good guys who can be mind controlled suck? Is there even a punchline there?
    It's not a joke. There's no punchline. But it is funny.

    EDIT: and yes, good guys who can be mind controlled do suck.
    [Level 1 antagonism]
    Homer: Ned Flanders, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish to the eyes of others.
    Ned: Well howdy, Homer! Thanks for dropping by!
    [Level 2 antagonism]
    Homer: Past instances in which I professed to like you, were fraudulent.
    Ned: Oh well. I'll just have to try harder. Thanks for dropping by!
    [Maximum hostility factor]
    Homer: I engaged in intercourse with your spouse or significant other. Now that's psychiatry!

  10. #55
    Senior Member Choppa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,146

    Default

    He withheld sex for a week.
    "John Stewart. LAME! ...this guy having a ring is like giving the batmobile to a blind old woman with her left leg in a cast."

    "Pym biting Blobs head off seems like something that would have happened when i was ten years old and playing with action figures."

    "i always assumed that [the blob] had the same powers as his 616 counterpart because, if simply being a huge fat guy was enough to be considered a mutant then there sure are a lot of mutants in 'real life'. "

  11. #56
    RecessionBornSuperVillain deathcry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,768

    Default

    umm she didn't kill him, she sent his mind into the time stream... BIG difference.

  12. #57
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    What's wrong with liking MOONSTONE?
    Liking psychopathic villains tends to to make people wonder? Especial when they have no redeeming traits
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  13. #58
    On your left. tg1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Liking psychopathic villains tends to to make people wonder? Especial when they have no redeeming traits
    I liked Bullseye, and Sabretooth

  14. #59
    Elder Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    18,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exo View Post
    17 contra 19, I don't see the distinction in funny-level between these two.



    It's not a joke. There's no punchline. But it is funny.

    EDIT: and yes, good guys who can be mind controlled do suck.
    Then they all suck, and there's nothing to be chosen between them.

  15. #60
    Elder Member vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    18,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Liking psychopathic villains tends to to make people wonder? Especial when they have no redeeming traits
    She had redeeming traits before Thunderbolts went over to Ellis, much as I like Warren's work generally. Not many, and not sufficiently redemptive to make up for much of what she'd done, but some, and enough for Hawkeye to kinda sorta start trusting her.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •