Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Default The Bat-Family: The Next Generation BEYOND

I am really enjoying the new Batman Beyond Unlimited title currently out. In this thread for the comic I thought it would be fun to discuss what if any BEYOND versions of current Bat-Family members you would like to see in the Batman Beyond Universe. What I mean here is NEW interpretations of existing brand names. You can use an existing name and create a new character you'd like to see in that identity or like in Batgirl v. 3 there was a hint of Stephanie Brown becoming Nightwing, etc.

If Batman Beyond were to bring out new interpretations of existing bat-brand family names, who would you like to see and what would you like to imagine their background to be?

So far we have:

Batman Beyond: Terry McGinnis (new character)
    Alfred Beyond: Bruce Wayne
    Oracle Beyond: Maxine "Max" Gibson (new character)
    Commissioner Gordon Beyond: Barbara Gordon
    Nightwing Beyond: Still Dick Grayson
    Catwoman Beyond: Daughter of Multiplex, meta who can make 9 copies of herself (new character)

New BEYOND possibilities (and please explain who you choose to fill the future shoes & why!):

Batgirl Beyond:
    Batwing Beyond:
    Batwoman Beyond:
    Black Bat Beyond:
    Black Canary Beyond:
    Flamebird Beyond:
    Huntress Beyond:
    Red Hood Beyond:
    Red Robin Beyond:
    Robin Beyond:
    Spoiler Beyond:
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 04-30-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

In the Beyond Universe it seems Dick is still somewhat active as Nightwing so you don't need a new character for that, and from that same mini there was a new Catwoman.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Thanks! I updated the facts in the OP thread
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Default DCnU: TNX Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I am really enjoying the new Batman Beyond Unlimited title currently out. In this thread for the comic I thought it would be fun to discuss what if any BEYOND versions of current Bat-Family members you would like to see in the Batman Beyond Universe. What I mean here is NEW interpretations of existing brand names. You can use an existing name and create a new character you'd like to see in that identity or like in Batgirl v. 3 there was a hint of Stephanie Brown becoming Nightwing, etc.

If Batman Beyond were to bring out new interpretations of existing bat-brand family names, who would you like to see and what would you like to imagine their background to be?

So far we have:

Catwoman Beyond: Daughter of Multiplex, meta who can make 9 copies of herself (new character)

New BEYOND possibilities (and please explain who you choose to fill the future shoes & why!):

Batgirl Beyond:
    Batwing Beyond:
    Batwoman Beyond:
    Black Bat Beyond:
    Black Canary Beyond:
    Flamebird Beyond:
    Huntress Beyond:
    Red Hood Beyond:
    Red Robin Beyond:
    Robin Beyond:
    Spoiler Beyond:
    I thought the original intent was to reboot the franchise in a different noir style direction.I guess I was wrong Why are DC fans so obssesed with a silly a** duplicate near future universe of the current Bat World let alone this JL Beyond stuff.The current Bat Universe is way to cluttered with multiple Batmen,Batwomen, Robins and ex Robins,let alone crap like Catwoman Beyond.I'm going to hang in for a few more issues,But I'm really disappointed at the total lack of creativity and desperate need by fans to indulge in a, let's read the same story over and over again,mindset.This is what's killing the Superhero end of the comics industry.It's all about the spinoff merchandise and toys people.

Didnt you make this thread already?

Red Robin can be Tim Drake.

Stephanie Brown can be either Knightwing or Batwoman.

Actually I'd love to see Drake as a Oracle type info broker. Not applicable here though.

Eh, The Batman Beyond Family should not have to have every role be filled with a legacy character. At least not anytime soon. It's honestly hard to see Terry With a sidekick of his own. Outside of: Ace, Max, The JL, and of course Bruce I think he has all the Batfamily he needs.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

I would love to see a Beyond Poison Ivy. Not Pam, but maybe someone new, who wanted to follow in Pam's footsteps after she died cause of Batman or something. I am not saying Batman killed her, just that she died cause she ran into a building that was set on fire cause of Batman, to save some plants or something.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

I really like Batman Beyond, but the whole Tim Drake thing really soured me a bit. Basically my favorite Robin and what happened to him in this universe just bugs me.

Honestly, I don't want to see a Beyond version of any of those characters. Its just completely unnecessary and uncreative. I'd rather see more original characters pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    So far we have:

Batgirl Beyond:
    Batwing Beyond:
    Batwoman Beyond:
    Black Bat Beyond:
    Black Canary Beyond:
    Flamebird Beyond:
    Huntress Beyond:
    Red Hood Beyond:
    Red Robin Beyond:
    Robin Beyond:
    Spoiler Beyond:
    If only they could use Marvel characters, we could have a Beyonder Beyond.

As an aside, Batman Beyond Unlimited #3 was quite good.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Eh, The Batman Beyond Family should not have to have every role be filled with a legacy character. At least not anytime soon. It's honestly hard to see Terry With a sidekick of his own. Outside of: Ace, Max, The JL, and of course Bruce I think he has all the Batfamily he needs.
    Quoted for the truth you speak.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Matt McGinnis should eventually become Robin, since he idolizes Batman, and is also a clone (of sorts) of Bruce. Have their mother killed, and BAM, there's his tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Y View Post
    Matt McGinnis should eventually become Robin, since he idolizes Batman, and is also a clone (of sorts) of Bruce. Have their mother killed, and BAM, there's his tragedy.
    I thought Matt was just another illegitimate son of Bruce Wayne and Mrs. McGinnis via the genetic swap of Mr. McGinnis. Not a clone.

You forgot Lucius Fox Jr, the Lucius Fox Beyond version.

In the new Batman Beyond comic, didn't Bruce Wayne hire Tim Drake to handle his Wayne empire (together with Lucius Fox Jr)? Tim was reluctant, but Bruce promised to pay for his daughter's college fees and he accepted the job. So I'm guessing Tim's sort of a Wayne Inc employee now... I can't see Tim being anything other than retired. He'll never go back to being a superhero, because of his age and also his familial responsibilities.

As for the other Beyond Bat members, I don't think there will be an exact rehash of the DCU roles. For example, I don't think there'll ever be a Robin Beyond, Batgirl Beyond; much less a Red Robin Beyond. Terry is different from Bruce, he doesn't need sidekicks they way Bruce needed them back then (to keep him sane).
    Last edited by Aprillis; 05-06-2012 at 02:10 AM.