Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    you happy G@ry this thread is now a Namor slept with Sue/Sue is a slut thread this is what you wanted
    she's not Rheged proved that when he posted that thread, which was just bendis' opinion and fanfics.

Quote Originally Posted by Static-Pulse View Post
    I think the point is that Reed would have been evil...or hyper-pragmatic, pick your poison...if not for Sue. She tempers and grounds him so that he doesn't go all Maker on the world.

Now...Tony Stark on the other hand. That guy's a ticking Doofensmirtz. ;)
    This is what I love about 616 Sue, even though at times Reed's attitude makes him a terrible husband, she still sticks with him no matter what. she has a strong will and determination that many Marvel woman could learn from.
    Bring back X-23's series petition
    https://www.change.org/petitions/mar...n-series-again

Bring back X-23's series facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/X23Fan

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

As much as I love Ultimate, Hell no. 616 Reed has way too much development towards his family to go down anywhere near the path that Ultimate Reed went down. In fact Hickman's story about the council of Reeds to Forever showed just why 616 Reed wouldn't take that dark path. Ultimate Doomsday is a reason why I don't want Bendis anywhere near the Fantastic Four of any universe.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

I blame the Aftermath of Civil war as it would have been a great time to see Reed and Sue break up the team for a long while and then reunite in the midst of Secret Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    There was also a goateed version from an alternate reality in the Pacheco/Marin run.
    Was he evil? Alternative universe guys with goatees are always evil...
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    you happy G@ry this thread is now a Namor slept with Sue/Sue is a slut thread this is what you wanted
    A topic like that only becomes perfect if it has to do with Ultimate Sue who I'm almost prepared to put on X-Men Forever Jean Grey level.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Was he evil? Alternative universe guys with goatees are always evil...
    LOL. No, he was really a kind of cool, retro era Reed. Sort of like Doc Savage. That reality still had the look of the 1930's, with dirigibles flying around etc.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

If TomB said Morrison's FF1234 is canon, I am surprised he would say that. A lot of the Marvel Knights stuff is a bit dicey when you try and fit it in continuity. For one thing in "1234", the FF have the uniforms they wore in the Byrne run after they came back from the Negative Zone IIRC. Also, the Prime Mover IIRC was something that Doom built to bedevil Nick Fury way back in the Steranko and I think it later got lonely and wondered off on its own when Doom wouldn't play with it anymore.
    Yeah, I was surprised too. But that's what he said on Formspring.

http://www.formspring.me/TomBrevoort...50207149763511

No, despite Bendis making a joke about it once when his Illuminati series came out, they have not done the deed. And most writers consider the Lee/Kirby run sacred and Sue made her choice when she got engaged to Reed way back in issue #32 or so. I think writers should respect that choice because Stan and Jack decided the romantic triangle had played itself out even back then. Though she has been tempted (and who wouldn't be tempted by the King of Atlantis making romantic overtures?) and Namor did hang around Four Freedoms Plaza when Reed was believed dead after issue #381, she will never stray while Reed is alive. I think this is especially true now with a second child in the mix.

Sue at times finds Namor's continued interest either flattering or sometimes outright frustrating. IMO, Namor needs to find a woman of his own again and stop chasing after Emma and Sue. He's only doing it to get on Reed and Scott's nerves I suspect and isn't looking for any long term relationship with either of them.
    It isn't all Namor's interest alone -- Sue shares 50% of the 'blame' for that relationship, so whatever frustration she feels is on her, as Sue is the one who often trades on Namor's affection. It was Sue who went to Namor in Civil War, it was Sue who chose to be Speaker for Men to the Old Atlanteans, it was Sue who shirked her duties as Regent and called Namor to clean up the mess the FF had with Old Atlanteans in the War of the Four Cities. And yes, I don't think it was meant as a joke, but it was Bendis, who has Sue repeatedly visiting Namor in Atlantis when she's frustrated with Reed.

I agree, that it would be awesome to see Namor with a lady of his own again, but sadly, the role Namor gets relegated to nowadays is marriage counselor in a triangle. Though, I never got the feeling that he did it to spite Reed or Scott, but because he thought Reed and Scott weren't good enough for Sue and Emma. If it was about getting on Reed's nerve, he wouldn't have been hanging around Sue when they thought Reed was dead.

I think most older writers respected the Lee / Kirby marriage, because we've had two separate occasions where Namor actually worked to save Reed and Sue's marriage. And older writers treated their relationship as an old infatuation, with Namor moving on and marrying two other women. That's not to say it couldn't be rekindled, but newer writers seem to forget they both moved on (I think in part to the sheer smoking hawtness of FF1234). Some even, like Aquirre-Saccara had Namor pining over Sue! Granted, that was MK4, but still.

What it basically comes down to, is how you regard Sue and her relationship with Reed, because I think we can all agree that Namor certainly wouldn't say no to Sue.
    Last edited by Rheged; 04-30-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G@ry View Post
    she's not Rheged proved that when he posted that thread, which was just bendis' opinion and fanfics.
    You really aren't reading that thread at all, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by G@ry View Post
    This is what I love about 616 Sue, even though at times Reed's attitude makes him a terrible husband, she still sticks with him no matter what. she has a strong will and determination that many Marvel woman could learn from.
    O_o

Seriously. Stay away from women.

Married women do NOT have to stick with terrible husbands no matter what. Married women who do so are NOT demonstrating strong will or determination. Quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    O_o

Married women do NOT have to stick with terrible husbands no matter what. Married women who do so are NOT demonstrating strong will or determination. Quite the opposite.
    I can't agree with you enough. Seriously, it has to be a troll.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

It isn't all Namor's interest alone -- Sue shares 50% of the 'blame' for that relationship, so whatever frustration she feels is on her, as Sue is the one who often trades on Namor's affection. It was Sue who went to Namor in Civil War, it was Sue who chose to be Speaker for Men to the Old Atlanteans, it was Sue who shirked her duties as Regent and called Namor to clean up the mess the FF had with Old Atlanteans in the War of the Four Cities. And yes, I don't think it was meant as a joke, but it was Bendis, who has Sue repeatedly visiting Namor in Atlantis when she's frustrated with Reed.
    And that is where I lose any respect for Bendis as a writer. IMO it was just an attempt at cheap humor. In the past, Namor knew where to draw the line in their friendship and IMO Sue would have no need to go to Namor because she has a support system at home already in Ben and her brother, plus Alicia. They are more down to earth and would understand domestic life more.

And you have to admit it is Namor that is the more outrageous flirt. It's not like Sue sneaks up on him and pinches him on the speedos.

I agree, that it would be awesome to see Namor with a lady of his own again, but sadly, the role Namor gets relegated to nowadays is marriage counselor in a triangle. Though, I never got the feeling that he did it to spite Reed or Scott, but because he thought Reed and Scott weren't good enough for Sue and Emma. If it was about getting on Reed's nerve, he wouldn't have been hanging around Sue when they thought Reed was dead.
    I think Namor has more honor than to interfere in a marriage though and I blame the writers for concocting those scenarios. Namor is Sue's sort of "old flame" but they never really followed up on it. Namor has a little too much arrogance and it was that side of him that lead Sue to make her final decision between him and Reed back when they were all single.

Scott and Emma are just a shack up until some redhead comes along and stirs Scott's loins again

I think most older writers respected the Lee / Kirby marriage, because we've had two separate occasions where Namor actually worked to save Reed and Sue's marriage. And older writers treated their relationship as an old infatuation, with Namor moving on and marrying two other women. That's not to say it couldn't be rekindled, but newer writers seem to forget they both moved on (I think in part to the sheer smoking hawtness of FF1234). Some even, like Aquirre-Saccara had Namor pining over Sue! Granted, that was MK4, but still.

What it basically comes down to, is how you regard Sue and her relationship with Reed, because I think we can all agree that Namor certainly wouldn't say no to Sue.
    I think the chances of Sue making the first move as long as Reed is alive is very slim though.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

I never said she had to stick with him because of it, and in fact said that she was too good for him in the OP. Yes being with him and wanting to have their marriage be a success is an example of a strong will.

That's is highly desirable trait.
    Bring back X-23's series petition
    https://www.change.org/petitions/mar...n-series-again

Bring back X-23's series facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/X23Fan

I think that Reed should be attacked by an evil troll, and then Johnny should drive the troll away with supernova flames, so that Reed and Sue can live happily ever after. The end.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I think that Reed should be attacked by an evil troll, and then Johnny should drive the troll away with supernova flames, so that Reed and Sue can live happily ever after. The end.
    But what if Johnny is being attacked by the same troll over on another board?
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    But what if Johnny is being attacked by the same troll over on another board?
    Flames work well on trolls anywhere, but it would be classic if Johnny and Reed switched enemies to gain the element of surprise.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

O_o

I don't think the OP means terrible in the sense of a wife-beating, drunken, unfaithful lout who comes home and kicks the dog. Yeah, then that's a terrible spouse that one should be shed of as quickly as possible. Reed just isn't very romantic and gets buried in his work.