Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by G@ry View Post
    Reed always seems like a fine hair is just holding him on the good side anyways. It's stupid to keep him good just to appease some fans and keep the status quo for movie reasons.
    I have never seen this; you could argue his actions could be misconstrued as "not totally heroic", but it's always due to heroic and good motivations, and putting the greater good above the needs of a few. The only time I even remotely thought of him as 'bad' was during CW, and even then he had heroic/positive ambitions, and he was doing what he thought was right, etc... it just turned out not so great at the time. But it's not like he was sitting around twirling his mustache (speaking of, has Reed ever had a mustache? That might be pretty awesome on him, come to think of it...)
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    (speaking of, has Reed ever had a mustache? That might be pretty awesome on him, come to think of it...)
    Attempt to draw Reed with a 'tache and you get J. Jonah Jameson.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

I have never seen this; you could argue his actions could be misconstrued as "not totally heroic", but it's always due to heroic and good motivations, and putting the greater good above the needs of a few. The only time I even remotely thought of him as 'bad' was during CW, and even then he had heroic/positive ambitions, and he was doing what he thought was right, etc... it just turned out not so great at the time. But it's not like he was sitting around twirling his mustache (speaking of, has Reed ever had a mustache? That might be pretty awesome on him, come to think of it...)
    In the Ultimate Universe he's doing things for the greater good.. He progressed humanity and science instead of keeping it in arrested development.
    Bring back X-23's series petition
    https://www.change.org/petitions/mar...n-series-again

Bring back X-23's series facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/X23Fan

can you give a summary of what happened between them please?
    Did Namor and Invisible Woman Ever Have Sex?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    If JJJ could stretch out his moustache hair like it were spaghetti. <boggle>

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    That reminds me of that fanmade agents of shield thing i saw last week.
    *paraphrased as i cant remember the exact wording.

Agent1:Man that was a weird week. The badoon, mole men, and skrulls invaded.
    Agent2: Which heroes defeated those guys anyway? The avengers? The x-men?
    Agent1: Some crazy dude with a lead pipe. He kept on yelling and called himself "The Mayor".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Isn't the majority of Morrison's and Ellis's run pretty much ignored or retconned by writers at Marvel?

Sue is a great character, but is wasted on Reed. Reed should have become evil a long time ago.
    I think the point is that Reed would have been evil...or hyper-pragmatic, pick your poison...if not for Sue. She tempers and grounds him so that he doesn't go all Maker on the world.

Now...Tony Stark on the other hand. That guy's a ticking Doofensmirtz. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya View Post
    Isn't the majority of Morrison's and Ellis's run pretty much ignored or retconned by writers at Marvel?
    Hmmm. I didn't think Morrison or Ellis had a run on 616 FF. Morrison wrote Fantastic Four 1234, which I thought was out of continuity, but TomB recently said was canon. I blame it for some of the modern writers' portrayal of Sue and Namor.

oh, they're talking about this http://connect.collectorz.com/comics...iner/50b-74695

she didn't really sleep with him since that wasn't even her.
    Bring back X-23's series petition
    https://www.change.org/petitions/mar...n-series-again

Bring back X-23's series facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/X23Fan

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Didn't 616 Sue sleep with Namor on several occasions?
    No, despite Bendis making a joke about it once when his Illuminati series came out, they have not done the deed. And most writers consider the Lee/Kirby run sacred and Sue made her choice when she got engaged to Reed way back in issue #32 or so. I think writers should respect that choice because Stan and Jack decided the romantic triangle had played itself out even back then. Though she has been tempted (and who wouldn't be tempted by the King of Atlantis making romantic overtures?) and Namor did hang around Four Freedoms Plaza when Reed was believed dead after issue #381, she will never stray while Reed is alive. I think this is especially true now with a second child in the mix.

Sue at times finds Namor's continued interest either flattering or sometimes outright frustrating. IMO, Namor needs to find a woman of his own again and stop chasing after Emma and Sue. He's only doing it to get on Reed and Scott's nerves I suspect and isn't looking for any long term relationship with either of them.

When Hyperstorm exiled him to the past, he grew a full beard because he lived a hermit like existence. There was also a goateed version from an alternate reality in the Pacheco/Marin run.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

oh, they're talking about this http://connect.collectorz.com/comics...iner/50b-74695

she didn't really sleep with him since that wasn't even her.
    No. The thread was started because of what Bendis said. That issue of Namor was brought up in the thread, but that's not what the OP asked about.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

you happy G@ry this thread is now a Namor slept with Sue/Sue is a slut thread this is what you wanted
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    you happy G@ry this thread is now a Namor slept with Sue/Sue is a slut thread this is what you wanted
    Oh no, quite the contrary, he desperately doesn't want her to be anything other than his

pure angel
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Hmmm. I didn't think Morrison or Ellis had a run on 616 FF. Morrison wrote Fantastic Four 1234, which I thought was out of continuity, but TomB recently said was canon. I blame it for some of the modern writers' portrayal of Sue and Namor.
    If TomB said Morrison's FF1234 is canon, I am surprised he would say that. A lot of the Marvel Knights stuff is a bit dicey when you try and fit it in continuity. For one thing in "1234", the FF have the uniforms they wore in the Byrne run after they came back from the Negative Zone IIRC. Also, the Prime Mover IIRC was something that Doom built to bedevil Nick Fury way back in the Steranko and I think it later got lonely and wondered off on its own when Doom wouldn't play with it anymore.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."