Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    spoilers:
    Everybody dies horribly. Then the actual cast gets introduced.
    end of spoilers
    Not exactly...

spoilers:
    Alan "Atom" Pratt was introduced before the deaths :P.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    So a few questions?

Were bats,supersede, and windy the only heroes at this time.

2) do they show darksied)
    spoilers:
    Tha issue begins with a flashback five years prior the current events. The superheroes are Sup, Bat, Wondy, Supergirl and Robin Helena. No other gets mentioned. Darkseid doesn't appear, Stephenwolf does
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    Not exactly...

spoilers:
    Alan "Atom" Pratt was introduced before the deaths :P.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, you're right XP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    So a few questions?

Were bats,supersede, and windy the only heroes at this time.

2) do they show darksied)
    ....... What others have said

Okay, more in depth spoilers, for those interested:

spoilers:
    The book starts off similar to the first story line in in the new Justice League series. The minions of Apokolips, led by Steppenwolf, are invading Earth and the heroes have to come together to stop them. However, the heroes who are fighting back are Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Robin, (who is Helena, Bruce's daughter), and Supergirl. The other JL members are nowhere to be seen. Things take a turn for the worse and the heroes make a last ditch effort to drive the baddies back, Superman and Wonder Woman are killed in the process. Batman sacrifices himself to deal the final blow. Supergirl and Robin are sucked through a portal left by the explosion and sent to Earth-1 as seen in World's Finest #1 (presumably, I haven't read it yet).

The 2nd half of the issue takes place 5 years later on an Earth without any more super heroes and goes into a little bit of story about Alan Scott, who is not yet Green Lantern but is some sort of writer flying across the now somewhat messed up European continent, and Jay Garrick, who is a directionless recent college graduate who encounters the god Mercury at the end of the book and presumably will become the Flash.
    end of spoilers

Holy balls Nicola Scott's art is gorgeous!

Overall it was a very good read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wasn't at all surprised by the deaths, but they still had an impact. When the series was first announced I did think the Trinity would die, but when they released their designs and blurbs about their characters I wondered if they wouldn't, and thought that maybe they'd make them a bunch of dicks (glad it didn't go that way). But yeah, really lookin' forward to seeing where this goes.

That last twist was unspected. So now the e-2 Flash's clothes have a new meaning.

Such a great way to introduce the JSA.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Wow! Really good issue! Fast pace, a dence story, which is rare nowadays. Someone else would've done it in 3-4 issues. But I preffer it like this. This way the story had more intensity. Truth be told, at points the dialogue and monologues could have been better, but overall a good job. The art was great! I give it 8.5/10. Will definitely check the fist arc!

This was an excellent issue. If you didn't like Earth 2 #1, you don't like comics.

Excellent setup of underdogs Scott, Garrick, and Pratt. Can't wait to see them become major heroes that have to fill huge boots.

I would like for Earth 2 Supes, Bats, and WW to somehow be resurrected in the future. Earth 2 Supes' costume under Nicola Scott's art is miles and miles better than Jim Lee's needless armor.

Applause. Many applause. This is the kind of story I've been craving. I can't wait to read the next issue.

im not sure what to think of this

it still presents all the problems that Robinson usually has on his writing: deus ex solutions, villain sues, unnecessary deaths for shock
    One of the things that called my attention more than anything on this was simply the presence of superman batman and ww, and there was a lot of interviews and a lot of talk about them on how Batman was willing to kill and that WW was that last amazon and so forth
    and all goes to nothing cause the 3 just die
    what was the point on all that focus on this 3?

if anything this only served to present the world itself and not any particular character which i am actually fine with considering that this book is called Earth 2 and not JSA

I have no idea what to expect for the next issues

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That last twist was unexpected. So now the e-2 Flash's clothes have a new meaning.
    actually it wasnt, the second i saw mercury i imagine that it was going to be used to make the new flash
    Last edited by ArnoldoAAD; 05-02-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

This was an excellent issue. If you didn't like Earth 2 #1, you don't like comics.
    Or you just didn't like ::this:: particular comic. Or maybe you were a fan of the older concept of Earth-2 and are still struggling with seeing it turned on it's head so drastically.

I think there were good things about the book and bad things. But a person who didn't like this comic doesn't deserve to be treated like a second class citizen because they have a differing opinion.

I would like for Earth 2 Supes, Bats, and WW to somehow be resurrected in the future. Earth 2 Supes' costume under Nicola Scott's art is miles and miles better than Jim Lee's needless armor.
    At this point, I'd prefer they stay where they are. I'd rather have them where they are than see them written out-of-character in such a sad world. If I want to read a book where the heroes have all gone dark and lost their way due to so much personal loss, there are about 12 other elseworlds I can read that explore that idea.

I didn't mean to sound that way. I simply found this to be by far the best start of a book in the new 52, IMO. I'm usually never this absolute about something, but darn it if this wasn't an impressive book. And I'm not even all that well read on James Robinson. I didn't read his JLA. I didn't read Cry for Justice. Never got into Starman. I did read his JSA.

I love the concept of the former Earth 2. But it's obvious that that's never going to be back. This gives Alan and Jay a way of starting as if they will be the most important heroes on their earth- certainly the first to appear in five years. With the both of them being that important, that makes this a book I can get behind. And I thought Alan's characterization was great. I'm not used to Jay being portrayed as a "loser" (no girlfriend, no job), but come on, we know Joan's going to come around and he's eventually going to be closer to the Jay we know and love.

doubtful but i'm keeping my fingers crossed for nightwing. great read!
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by beezer210 View Post
    That's a stupid thing to say. I read about 2 or 3 new comics a week and I like or love several of them. This was not one of those. The art was fine. I'm not sure why everybody's freaking out about it. It's very good superhero comic art, but it's not like it's so different from what Scott was doing on Titans. Very good art. Mind-blowing art? Gosh, hyperbole much?

The writing was poor, as expected based on previews and the last five years or whatever of Robinson's writing. Banal, tepid and purple. As in the bible, it was neither hot nor cold so I vomited it out of my mouth.

3/10 for me. And all three points go to the art. The art was good enough to account for 5 points on its own but the writing was worth less than zero and dragged down the total score. My problem is I can't stop buying comics about characters I care about no matter how bad they get (I purchased every issue of Robinson's historically terrible run on JLA for example) so I will keep buying this tripe and keep reading it and keep complaining about it. Yawn.

Okay, nothing's for everyone. Quite frankly, I wrote that out of the pure joy that was in my heart after reading Earth 2 #1. To me, it was that good. You might have found Robinson's writing banal, but darn it if the scene between Bruce and Helena isn't touching.

Alan and Al Pratt were handled well too.

Bring on more of this, please.