Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLily View Post
    It's amazing how flimsy this concept is. This Court of Owls has an army of highly-trained assassins to kill "rowdy politicians" and aging architects, but they've never paid attention to any of the super-villains causing an insane amount of destruction all over Gotham for the past five years? Snyder says that Batman is just a blip on their radar, but what about The Joker, Two-Face, Dr. Hurt or any other member of Batman's rogues gallery? Somebody on this board had a theory that these super-villains were actually helping the Court of Owls' agenda, which is actually kind of interesting and neat, but that was completely disproven by the Talon's reason for hunting Jeremiah Arkham for "harboring and encouraging criminals..." so we're back to square one. Just terrible execution and poor writing.
    Now that I think about it further, what happens when the Owls are brought down? Gotham will likely be the same in future stories, which makes you wonder what impact the Owls really had.

To's art is fantastic here. Between this and the recent Huntress mini, he's either really stepped up his game, or he's found better inkers & colorists to work with. I thought his work was okay before the relaunch but this just looks great. I wouldn't pick him for Batwing (I think the property works better with a grittier artist), but regardless, this looks really nice.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

who liked how batwing beat his talon it was disarming.

BANNED

I loved this issue!! The origin of the talon was intresting , the interior was awesome. "this is how we compromise in Africa" awesome line. The talons are trying to kill everyone who is close to Bruce . . Lucius fox had nice appearance, it's intresting to see David in high class enviorment. It appears this whole event is in chronlogicaly order. 5/5 from me. No complaints .
    Last edited by Cavemold; 05-02-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Really good issue. To and Winick were in top form.

I really like seeing Lucius Fox making an appearance and that he was one of the targets of the Owls but the only thing that bugged me about the issue was that at the end it almost looks like Batwing breaks the Prime Minister's neck. I actually had to flip back through the pages to double check.

I love how the Talon's are tehcnically dead and the Bat fam can go all out. I literally went "ho-oh, S#$T!" when I saw what David did.

Can't wait to see what DAMIAN gets to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    It appears this whole event is in chronlogicaly order.
    not really, the end of Batman 8 has him getting ready to fight his way out of his mansion...Detective has him back in the batsuit without the resolution, so there is some jumping around...

Great issue. Loved seeing David being a little out his element and Lucius Fox had a great appearence here. I really enjoyed To's artwork here as well and the "this is how we compromise in Africa" line was great.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    I love how the Talon's are tehcnically dead and the Bat fam can go all out. I literally went "ho-oh, S#$T!" when I saw what David did.

Can't wait to see what DAMIAN gets to do.
    This. I'm waiting to pick up my issue on FCBD, but I do love that it's no holds barred in these issues.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drinkblatzbeer View Post
    not really, the end of Batman 8 has him getting ready to fight his way out of his mansion...Detective has him back in the batsuit without the resolution, so there is some jumping around...
    While this may be the case, it will be pretty cool to reread them in order once all the issues come out.
    Last edited by maxpower00044; 05-02-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Veteran Member

As far as tie-in issues go this was pretty entertaining. Winick used the Talon in an effective way to make the portrayals of Lucius and the Minister stronger.

To's art was wonderful too.

good issue as per usual

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    While this may be the case, it will be pretty cool to reread them in order once all the issues come out.
    Yea I hope a hardcover comes out

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    As far as tie-in issues go this was pretty entertaining. Winick used the Talon in an effective way to make the portrayals of Lucius and the Minister stronger.

To's art was wonderful too.
    I agree. I could care less about the Owls but this was very enjoyable.

To's art is awesome but it may be to "pretty" and "clean" for the overall tone of this book.

I love that Matu kept some color even while dressed formally by incorporating a purple bow tie and vest!