Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Matu Got swag

Default Batwing #9 Review Spoilers

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a thread yet for this issue, especially with it being batwing's fight against the owl.

This issue was the debut of the new artist. This artist is definitely more of the traditional comic book artists seen in comics,
    those that missed backgrounds from the previous artist will definitely welcome the change. The art is done rather well,
    but I preferred the original artist more realistic rendition over the classic comic comic style art. Still, for the art style
    it was rather well done.

The story was great, seeing batwing fighting against an formidable foe, we were able to see more gadgets under batwing
    sleeve. The dude is like a swiss army knife lol. Overall, Batwing continues to be written well, a deserves much more attention
    than it's currently getting that's for sure.

Art- 8/10
    Story -10/10
    Score 9/10
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

Yeah no complaints with this book. I preferred Oliver for this title, but Marcus To did a better job than I thought he would. So overall the art for this issue was good, but as you said babybro it was definitely a more traditional style of a mainstream superhero comic

Overall Wiinick's been doing a great job with the story each issue. And even though this was just more of a filler tie in issue for the Court of Owls event it was very good.

Can't wait for next issue when we go back to Africa, and Batwing faces off with some pirates. And I hope we get a beter idea of all the weapons in Batwing's arsenal. I get the sense Winicks keeping it intentionally vague so he can pull out new tech if he needs to for a certain story. So far we know he has grappling hooks, tranquilizer darts, explosives, and some kind of paint ball weapon.

BANNED

Everyone wrote thier review in preview thread. I enjoyed this issue alot!! 9/10 or 4.5 for
    Me

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Great one-shot--the way David took out that Talon was particularly gruesome/effective.

I really enjoyed Matu this issue. Seeing Matu and David get some time together was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Great issue. Loved seeing David being a little out his element and Lucius Fox had a great appearence here. I really enjoyed To's artwork here as well and the "this is how we compromise in Africa" line was great.
    I enjoyed it. David is slowly but surely becoming one of my favorite characters. I love how he was written. And I love how he 'compromises' lol.

And he was brutal in that battle as well.

Like usual, this is a solid book in every aspect. Marcus To is really great, thought I believe Olivier action scenes were more cinematic (even with the lack of backgrounds). I still believe these Owls are unimpressive, but it was a decent fight.
    Last edited by WhitOro; 05-03-2012 at 09:38 AM.

I Kick Crime in the Balls The Greatest Hero's Avatar

I realize now how much these one-shot/one story-one issue books suck now. It wasn't bad, but this crossover event really doesn't have a lot of "Umph" behind it.

The craziest Talon vs Batwing - shoot arms off, like it was just like, "Eh, that's over now."

Another very solid issue. To is a good replacement artist, even if his style is not as photorealistic as Oliver. Winick has really good grasp of the characters and does a nice one-shot story that can stand on its own.

I miss Oliver. I like To's work a lot, but Oliver brought something unique to this book.

As for the story, I liked it well enough but it felt light. It was filler, tasty filler to be sure, but filler non-the-less.
    If you're not reading Unwritten you should be.

Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Greatest Hero View Post
    I realize now how much these one-shot/one story-one issue books suck now. It wasn't bad, but this crossover event really doesn't have a lot of "Umph" behind it.

The craziest Talon vs Batwing - shoot arms off, like it was just like, "Eh, that's over now."
    In this case I'm fine with it. After dealing with Massacre to see David struggle with Talon would seem like character regression.

BANNED

I enjoyed David stubbornness to make nice with rich Gotham elites. "this is how we compromise"

Nice work on this issue by Winnick. I haven't been following the series and only picked it up for the NoO tie-in. I was pleasantly surprised and may start following the title.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Great issue. I like how the Talon they used was one of the Talons in the "book" in Nightwing. Also, the fighting was great. When Batwing blows that Talons arms off, it was definitely an awesome moment. Looking forward to how brutal the bat-fam can actually get in this cross over.