View Poll Results: Winner?

Voters
7. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • KJ Stewart

5 71.43%
  • Darth Drizzle

2 28.57%

Hybrid View

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Default Rumblers League Beta Week 10: KJ Stewart vs. Darth Drizzle

It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

KJ STRAT

PART 1
    Arena is pretty irrelevant here, raptors are no threat, so it's just a case of avoiding the ONE person on the opposing team who can compete with my team speedwise (which should be easy enough to do).

Nimrod: Kryptonian Sentinel
    At nanosecond speed, Nimrod teleports our team 100 foot to the left of the opposition's starting point (this is something they will certainly NOT expect). This should remove us from the path of any initial attacks (and place us outside of Jay's time-influence zone) and gets us out of the way of a predictable Jay Garrick teleport.
    Once there, he immediately works on redirecting all forms of attack back at our opponents using the Ebony Key, on the off chance that any come towards us in that new position.
    Safe in a New Location: Matter Over Mind

Fantastic Wondumar
    At Isis' Jay Garrick level speeds, Umar turns our team invisible with a thought, meaning that we are not only in a new position, but also unseen.
    Invisible: Matter Over Mind

Cosmic Kryptonian Cyborg
    Hank stops time for everyone but his own team with his opening thought. He does not need line of sight. Simple as that.
    It should also be noted that all of Hank's tech is integrated/merged, including with his own body, so this timestop should be even more effective that when Kang does it, as his items are all subject to a massive power upgrade.
    Timestopped: Avenging Justice (note this will work on Jay, despite his suit, as it is a technology-based move)

He-Kang
    Kang shields our invisible, teleported team with an absolutely formidable shield with his opening thought. The shield will contain everything the Power Bands have to offer, the magical forcefield protection of Grayskull and Kang's own shields which protect from the Silver Surfer.
    Shielded: Matter Over Mind

The First Evil
    The moment Zatanna attempts any magic, she makes herself vulnerable to the First's possession and it inhabits her body like it did to Willow, preventing any spells from taking place, effectively rendering her useless, preventing her spells from occurring.
    If any spells DID occur before the possession, the First uses Zatanna's power to reverse them.
    Rendered Useless: Zatanna

Kryptonian Mandernaut & Perriktopus
    Mandernaut and Perrikus are our security.
    Mandernaut's using his superspeed, supersenses, magic negation and martial arts prowess to react to anyone who somehow gets in close, despite the teleport, shielding and invisibility. Anyone who DOES will be beaten down brutally at nanosecond superspeed.
    Perrikus helps. Will restrain and crush the heads of anyone getting in close with his tentacles (tentacles which overpowered the Hulk). Anyone too quick for him to tag will still be tagged by Mandernaut. And once that happens, he finishes them off with his scythe and tentacles.
    Beaten Down: Anyone SOMEHOW Getting Close

PART 2
    So the opposition are frozen in time, while we have teleported to the left of them and become invisible and shielded. Mandernaut and Perrikus act as additional security if anyone approaches. And the First Evil has possessed Zatanna.
    Follow-up moves ensue, as usual, just in case. In this case, I call this part "Operation Overkill"...

The First Evil
    The First simply maintains possession of Zatanna, ensuring she's out of the game. Nothing more.
    Still Possessed: Zatanna

Nimrod: Kryptonian Sentinel
    Once the opposition are timestopped, we can make our move. Nimrod teleports our team 20 foot behind the opposition, wherever they may be, and blasts Zatanna and Photon and his clones at superspeed. This blast now contains his own power (capable of KO'ing Juggernaut) as well as Ebony Blade/Zodiac Key energy, giving it magical properties enabling it to slice through anything and hit intangibles.
    Dead: Zatanna & Photon + Clones

He-Kang
    Kang blasts the crap out of Stryfe. The blast will contain his own Tempus-killing power, plus everything the Power Bands have to offer, plus He-Man's powerful blasts.
    Dead: Stryfe

Cosmic Kryptonian Cyborg
    Hank deals with Jay Garrick. Concentrating a powerful blast on him that contain all of the technological energy now at his disposal, killing him. If Jay has moved before he gets stopped in time, Hank can teleport to him.
    Dead: Jay Garrick

Fantastic Wondumar
    Umar puts a forcefield bubble around Adam Warlock and Madame Xanadu's heads and proceeds to fill them with nova flames, while simultaneously opening more bubbles in their brains (note that this is in a timestop, so no healing from it). Easy multi-tasking for such a capable woman, especially considering she's now had the Fantastic Four powers for 10 weeks.
    Dead: Adam Warlock & Madame Xanadu

Kryptonian Mandernaut
    Mandernaut will freeze all their molecules (Charmed powers), rendering them even more restrained, while speeding over to Multi-Photon to blitz beat him to death.
    Frozen Molecularly: Avenging Justice
    Dead: Multi-Photon

Perriktopus
    Now behind the opposition, Perrikus physically DESTROYS several of them. He cuts Zatanna in half with his scythe (note this cuts Mjolnir in half, so she's getting sliced up with the Crimson Gem or not). He also uses his 4 adamantium tentacles to crush the heads of Jay Garrick (tentacles are tech) and Stryfe, while using them to rip out the hearts of Xanadu and Warlock.
    Dead: Zatanna, Jay Garrick, Stryfe, Madame Xanadu & Adam Warlock

OUT: Avenging Justice

Notes
    We'll:
    - Perform at our best & our fastest.
    - Heal/repair when possible.
    - Return from time & D-dumps.
    - Move to adapt to teleports/movement.
    - Detect invisibles with supersenses etc.
    We're telepathy proof. I have the evidence. TP against us will fail.
    More proof available.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Hank stops time for everyone.
    Without really arguing against the larger point that you have this match won, I'll say that I am not cool with using feats from a What If in which Iron Man turned a suit of Celestial Armor into a Thanosbuster suit and where Wolverine somehow 1) warns Thanos about an approaching Silver Surfer, 2) genuinely deceives for a long while a IG-wielding Thanos and 3) cuts Thanos' arm with his adamantium claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Mandy View Post
    Without really arguing against the larger point that you have this match won, I'll say that I am not cool with using feats from a What If in which Iron Man turned a suit of Celestial Armor into a Thanosbuster suit and where Wolverine somehow 1) warns Thanos about an approaching Silver Surfer, 2) genuinely deceives for a long while a IG-wielding Thanos and 3) cuts Thanos' arm with his adamantium claws.
    I agree that What ifs? Are not canon and shouldn't be used for arguing feats.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Mandy View Post
    Really didn't realise that was a WhatIf? so I apologise.

Kang was a last minute replacement after Doom was taken, so I hastily gathered his feats with no prior knowledge of the character.

However, it doesn't change the fact that he's capable of it and it doesn't change the fact that I've been using feats for the same move that aren't from WhatIf? issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I agree that What ifs? Are not canon and shouldn't be used for arguing feats.
    I'm aware of this, but thank you for your very productive input.

Incidentally, getting very tired of AJ Valliant coming in to matches involving me, voting against me, then leaving. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't count, but still...

I'm going to have to confront him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    Really didn't realise that was a WhatIf? so I apologise.
    Yeah. Namely, What If? Newer Fantastic Four (as you can see, the cover colour scheme matches that of the alt-Avengers that alt-Kang confronts in your scan).

However, it doesn't change the fact that he's capable of it and it doesn't change the fact that I've been using feats for the same move that aren't from WhatIf? issues.
    In case you are interested in knowing the provenance of the other time stop scans you've used most often, Nick Fury being time frozen happens at some point during Heroes Reborn and the scene in which he protects his younger self from bullies that he freezes in mid-air takes place early in Young Avengers. There are other issues here, but those are up to Darth to cover and I am not giving hints.

Other than that, my peeve was with that particular scan, so I am out for the time being unless I spot something else worth commenting.

DARTH STRAT

Bloood Zoom: Attacks Kang by running over to him avoiding or countering any offensive moves coming towards him with his Zero Metal suit and Axe. He starts his Beta Suit time stop on the way to Kang( which helps avoid attacks coming at him) and when hw gets into range he pummels him with Zero metal fists and energy cutting Bloodaxe. He then stops time avain and takea out Cyborg, Umar, and Perriktopus in the same manner.
    Taken Out: Kang, rest of team

Warlock: Uses his transmutation and reality warping powers to turn everything in front of him into stonewith a mass AOE attack. As he has transmuted a planetoid and his reality items have made a Palace out of nothing with a thought the Starheart power added into it all and MOM should be turned to stone. If not his second thought has him steal the souls of his opponentsand place them in nearby dinosaurs taming them out the fight.
    Taken Out: Team Mind over Matter

Crimson Zatanna: Targets all her oppoonents and does her Disperse energy drain spell in AOE fashion which halts enemy moves. She follows this up with her Freeze spell which stops her enemies from moving. She then physically takes out anyone left trapped bim in her spells until all are gone.
    Taken Out: Team MOM

Multi Photon: Makes a dozen clones as she flies away backwards in half light form then they disperse and attack from multiple angles while invisible and intangible and they fly through all opponents their internally damaging and overloading the energy of all thier victims. And should they somehow find a way to hit her she would multiply and make perfect un hurt clones. She continues to assualt amd counter energy attacks with her clones until all are taken out.
    Taken Out: team MOM

Madame Xanadu: Leaves her body on the field(has Plastic Man durability) and goes to a outside dimension and attacks Cyborg Supes, Kang, Umar, Nimrod, Mandarin, and Perriktopus while unable to be harmed. She uses her memory wipe and Crimson Bands spell on them until they are all taken out.
    Taken Out: team MOM

Cable: Uses Superman speed to trear apart all matter 1km in front of him( opposing team sgtrting positions) with his boosted TK. He continus to explode all enemies who escapex the initial attack until none are left.
    Taken Out tram MOM

BANNED

Looks pretty straightforward because our teleport alone renders most of their moves null and void.

Zoom "charges" forward. He physically does this - meaning he has to travel 1km. This doesn't happen before Nimrod thinks once to teleport away.

Warlock, who isn't very quick anyway, attempts to warp everything "in front of him". Within a nanosecond, we are not in front of him.

Cable uses "Superman speed" (debatable, given the actual feats of that space whale meat) to tear apart all matter 1km "in front of him". Again, that's not where we are.

Zatanna, Photon and Xanadu are so slow that their moves don't matter, as we are out of the way and they are timestopped long before they can even think. Plus, Zatanna is possessed and Xanadu (human speed, so it never happens anyway) BFRs herself. You can't leave the arena. Spiritually, physically, mentally. Whatever. You can't leave the arena. The fight takes place in the arena listed, not elsewhere.

But yeah, the teleport to the LEFT of their team isn't remotely countered and happens quicker than they can do squat about it. We use our other team member's first thoughts to turn invisible, shield and (most importantly) stop time. And despite my opponents not actually getting anywhere near us, because of the teleport, we can physically destroy them with the invisible duo of Kryptonian Mandernaut and Perriktopus if they do.

Game, set and match.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Leaning strongly toward KJ.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Leaning strongly toward KJ.
    Cool, any other thoughts or questions from anyone?
    Last edited by KJ Stewart; 05-01-2012 at 03:16 AM.

BANNED

Page 2....