Thread: New 52

Default New 52

Would anyone else like to see a new 52? Not as in post-reboot DC in general but something like the 52 series that follows around some DC b-listers around for some span of time in the 5 year gap with maybe a history of the DCU type back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner 6655321 View Post
    Would anyone else like to see a new 52? Not as in post-reboot DC in general but something like the 52 series that follows around some DC b-listers around for some span of time in the 5 year gap with maybe a history of the DCU type back up.
    I think it may be a little early for a project like that.

I'm assuming DC is showing all the cards they want to show at the moment, and are saving things like that for the regular comic books themselves when appropriate. Give them at least another year or two, after they finish mapping out the DCnU a little better.

(Personally, I had constantly been saying I would love if DC came out with a History of the DCnU that would at least present an organized timeline of what has been shown (or retained from the previous pre-Flashpoint DCU) . . . no specifics; just a sense of order so that we know when Oliver first started acting like a vigilante, when did Hal now first get picked to be Earth's GL, and was that before or after Barry was struck by the lightning chemical bath that gave him his speed abilities? But so many people whined that it would hamper the creative abilities of all these pampered writers . . . I've since come to the conclusion that it wouldn't work because TPTB at DC still haven't figured it all out themselves. )

I'd rather see something different, personally. A new 52 seems ripe to turn out like Secret Wars II.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

I love 52 way too much to accept a sequel or re-make.

DC Presents... is sort of a title that features/showcases "B-list" characters, so it's unnecessary to revisit another weekly series. I'm not against it but I feel there isn't a big market for it.
    Last.FM || Favorite Hero: Aquaman || Favorite Neutral: Red Hood || Favorite Villain: Black Manta