BANNED

Default Why does the Phoenix Force need a host?

I am new to the whole comic scene and just started reading AVX but I understand a little of some stuff by watching the movies and such. However the question I wanted to ask is why does The Phoenix need a host? I have been looking at all the destruction the Phoenix has caused and I am just wondering why the Phoenix just doesn't burn the entire Earth and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatcool View Post
    I am new to the whole comic scene and just started reading AVX but I understand a little of some stuff by watching the movies and such. However the question I wanted to ask is why does The Phoenix need a host? I have been looking at all the destruction the Phoenix has caused and I am just wondering why the Phoenix just doesn't burn the entire Earth and move on.
    AvX is not a good example of how the Phoenix Force works. In Phoenix Endsong Jean Grey fully merged with the Phoenix.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

The Phoenix doesn't really need a host. It has survived for eons without one. It occasionally takes a host because it enjoys the emotional experience and because the hosts help it...do phoenix stuff on the material plane.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatcool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    AvX is not a good example of how the Phoenix Force works. In Phoenix Endsong Jean Grey fully merged with the Phoenix.
    Neither AvX nor Endsong are good examples... AvX is an piss poor attempt to bring back the former comic "buying" Jean Grey fans that Marvel lost. And, Endsong was a total travesty when you take into account that Jean and the Phoenix merged at the end of X-Factor #38

After that, every "newjack" writer and their momma wanted to jump on Jean's band wagon... Which is why to a very large extent (IMO of course ) we suddently have 99 telepaths with a phoenix shard tucked in their Brazzers... And, yes this includes Quentanna Quire
    Last edited by ZNOP; 04-29-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Neither AvX nor Endsong are good examples... AvX is an piss poor attempt to bring back the former comic "buying" Jean Grey fans that Marvel lost. And, Endsong was a total travesty when you take into account that Jean and the Phoenix merged at the end of X-Factor #38

After that, every "newjack" writer and their momma wanted to jump on Jean's band wagon... Which is why to a very large extent (IMO of course ) we suddently have 99 telepaths with a phoenix shard tucked in their Brazzers... And, yes this includes Quentanna Quire

did jean lose the phoenix after here x-factor days

Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    did jean lose the phoenix after here x-factor days
    Not to my knowledge. In fact shortly before she re-donned her iconic green and gold Phoenix costume, she started to manifest the Phoenix effect (again)... And, contratry to haters belief -- then came Morrison's run. The dude actually had the nerve to say during an interview that he brought the Phoenix back. What an ego that que ball has

No... I must correct myself... Jean has been slowly building up to displaying the full Phoenix Effect ever since X-Factor #6

There is no mistaking the Phoenix Effect being displayed around Jean in that frame... Sorry, Morrison but in my opinion you were 20 years too late to make that claim.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 04-30-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Thought correction(s)
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!