Default What is the best Scarlet Spider comic in terms of the cover art work?

Like the title states what is the best drawn cover of a Scarlet Spider(Ben Reilly) comic? It can also be his Spider man costume version as well.

This will turn into a Ben Reilly appreciation thread in no time

myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaos View Post
    This will turn into a Ben Reilly appreciation thread in no time.
    Or a Dan Jurgens' appreciation thread. 2 out your 3 choices are his, in spite of him only drawing Ben Reilly Spider-Man for what, like 7 issues? As ambivalent as he was about Ben as the real deal, there's no denying he made Reilly look good.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Or a Dan Jurgens' appreciation thread. 2 out your 3 choices are his, in spite of him only drawing Ben Reilly Spider-Man for what, like 7 issues? As ambivalent as he was about Ben as the real deal, there's no denying he made Reilly look good.
    He wasn't a ben reilly fan?

Quote Originally Posted by rdfnd1253 View Post
    He wasn't a ben reilly fan?
    Nope, and his concerns are understandable. He had wanted to write Peter Parker for a long time, only to come onboard after he'd been taken off the table. Marvel knew at this point that Peter Parker was coming back, but they weren't moving fast enough for Jurgens. He wanted them to just rip the band off, so to speak, and they were taking their sweet time.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

I really enjoyed Dan Jurgen's "Death of Superman" storyline where Superman dies.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaos View Post
    This will turn into a Ben Reilly appreciation thread in no time

I love that first one......I bought a graded one last night for 30 dollars

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    I really enjoyed Dan Jurgen's "Death of Superman" storyline where Superman dies.
    Dan Jurgens is a great storyteller. I enjoyed most of what he did with Superman long after the death and resurrection. And his Spider-Man work was excellent.

Dan Jurgens is a great storyteller. I enjoyed most of what he did with Superman long after the death and resurrection. And his Spider-Man work was excellent.
    That's good to hear. I find it really hard to enjoy most Superman stories given his power set and lack of villains that has a similar power set or credibility, not to mention a lot of writers seem to struggle to write interesting Superman stories (JMS' Grounded story was particularly horrific) but I really did enjoy the Death and Return of Superman.

Is Dan Jurgens blacklisted or retired from comics? I don't see any work by him from Marvel or DC.

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Is Dan Jurgens blacklisted or retired from comics? I don't see any work by him from Marvel or DC.
    No. He launched DC's JLI and Green Arrow reboots. I'm not sure what titles he's on right now.

I don't know what is wrong with the comic book resources picture uploader so I'll just link to the best cover ever involving the clones.

http://www.benreillytribute.x10hosti...eSagaEpic4.jpg
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

No. He launched DC's JLI and Green Arrow reboots. I'm not sure what titles he's on right now.
    I believe that he is still on JLI, writing that one and now back to drawing Superman as well

Man i miss Ben Reilly :(

Yeah, this a great cover! I also loved Jurgens and it's a shame he never had the chance to do what he wanted.

What about those...

myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning