Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

There will never be as much chemistry between Gambit and another woman as there was between Gambit and Rogue. But Rogue's been replaced by Legacy, so who can blame Gambit for having it off with someone else? And I like CeCe - she has a heart, which is rare nowadays as all X Women have to be ball breaking bitches in order to be 'strong'.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    It's because she's an Afro-Latin American isn't it? Actually, to be specific -- A "Black skinned" Afro-Latin American!
    Haha, I was about to say the same thing. They're just saying that cause she's brown.
    Always had a thing for blue.

thanks for playing the race card, guys. totes classy

Quote Originally Posted by Drelion View Post
    Haha, I was about to say the same thing. They're just saying that cause she's brown.
    That's the vibe I was getting. Soon, Cecilia will have blue eyes and will be of direct Spanish (Spain) decent -- Her skin will slowly lighten -- and before you know it she'll be trading dirty black-girl jokes with Ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    thanks for playing the race card, guys. totes classy
    Don't even try it! If anyone is playing a race card right now -- it's you!
    Last edited by ZNOP; 04-30-2012 at 01:28 AM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

do you seriously need me to explain to you what 'playing the race card' means

Quote Originally Posted by halla View Post

I don't think you can get more conventionally feminine than that.

I love her beaded braids too. I wish I could rock them.
    Beautiful pic and a great example of how gorgeous conventional femininity can be portrayed in comics with no exploitation.

Quote Originally Posted by pryde15 View Post
    You shut your whore mouth G@ry!
    Cece Reyes is a patron saint who needs to be worshipped by all.

I think that the OP, while intending to find support for CeCe hate has instead found himself adrift in a sea of CeCe love. She's one of the most realistic, compassionate, sensible and, under Liu's pen, well written X-Characters. I'd love to see Gambit with her, long term.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by G@ry View Post
    I hope they don't become a couple she's ugly and annoying, I can't see him with her.

Then Astonishing X-Men will have 2 of the worst couples with Northstar and Kyle in it too.

X-Men in general has the worst couples.
    I wouldn't say the X-men have the worst couples, but Cecila and Gambit really doesn't make much sense. They hadn't had any interactions up until X-23 and even after that there was little hint of any chemistry. If a couple is going to be viable, they shouldn't just be thrown together. That's what creates the kind of poor relationships that mess up good stories. I hope it's just a passing fling because it really doesn't seem to have much going for it. I do think Kyle and Northstar work pretty well though. At least they have some depth and they were referenced as being together as far back as Nation X.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I wouldn't say the X-men have the worst couples, but Cecila and Gambit really doesn't make much sense. They hadn't had any interactions up until X-23 and even after that there was little hint of any chemistry.
    You need to just pirate all the books you haven't read if you're just going to post your ignorance to everyone.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    You need to just pirate all the books you haven't read if you're just going to post your ignorance to everyone.
    that'd make it hard for him to run his scans website tho

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
    That's the vibe I was getting. Soon, Cecilia will have blue eyes and will be of direct Spanish (Spain) decent
    I would happily claim Cecilia. But I am unsure about how hispanics feel about spaniards.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by LionelRGuy View Post
    ... um, no, she CONVINCED him to take off his mask; he took his top and mask off himself (though still somewhat in protest, yeah) so she could treat his wounds, after she reminded him of her Hippocratic (sp?) oath. And she helped Pyro AFTER DD.

> Ry-Guy
    ... um no. She may have invoked the Hippocratic Oath to get her way, but she didn't need him to remove his mask to treat him for a bullet wound in his chest. She withheld healthcare until he stripped because she didn't want anyone to see her treating a superhero. And she definitely helped Pyro first. Before seeking her help Daredevil spies on her through the window as she's helping Pyro. At the end she goes back to check up on Pyro and he tricks her into releasing him. She's already saved his life by that point.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    do you seriously need me to explain to you what 'playing the race card' means
    Me being darker than the President Obama do you really need me to tell you no?!?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 04-30-2012 at 04:56 AM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Me being darker than the President Obama do you really need me to tell you no?!?
    you're playing the race card in response to me questioning your use of the race card!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I wouldn't say the X-men have the worst couples, but Cecila and Gambit really doesn't make much sense. They hadn't had any interactions up until X-23 and even after that there was little hint of any chemistry. If a couple is going to be viable, they shouldn't just be thrown together. That's what creates the kind of poor relationships that mess up good stories. I hope it's just a passing fling because it really doesn't seem to have much going for it. I do think Kyle and Northstar work pretty well though. At least they have some depth and they were referenced as being together as far back as Nation X.
    This. I like CeCe but I have to say that if Liu was trying to make me believe they have chemistry as a couple and not just friends then she's done a pretty poor job of it. She had the chance to show us why one or the other would ask the other out on these friday night dinners in one scene or two, either in Astonishing or previously in X-23. Instead she jumped whole hog into this we've been hanging out together for dinner every week for a month bit and all I did was go like I did about Rogue and Magneto mess and think why? So why didn't we see it developed better and what do they actually talk about (the only difference is I can actually think of things CeCe and Gambit could laugh and joke and talk about when I can't think of anything Magneto and Rogue would).

Right now to me CeCe seems more to have replaced Storm (whos been absent and unconcerned from any of her friends including Gambit since her marriage anyway) as professional female friend Gambit can actually talk and joke with outside the X-Men, give him some different perspective, and not be romantic. Given I think the worst thing that could happen to CeCe as a character is for her to given up her being a doctor to be an X-Man, that's a prefectly fine role for her to now and then get dragged into a mission but it better not be all the time or it becomes stupid for her to complain.

I'm happy to see Gambit date around for some time to come in his own book adn to me there is nothing I've seen between him and CeCe that comes across as romantic. If anything her bitching about not seeing him as a teacher and supposedly making him "give back so painiting he stole" which he likely was going to give back anyway if he told her about it, just proves to me that's like with most of his relationships, he's the better friend by letting her vent than she is to him.

BANNED

For the record, Liu has only shown them being friends and Gambit flirting with her. She hasn't shown them in bed or anything weird like that. And she's played with CeCe's dynamic since the second NYX book so it's not like she's doing this out of no where. It's a totally logical relationship in my eyes and it's burning slowly so it seems more natural. She picked a character who CeCe previously interacted with, who is looking for something to get his mind off past relationships and who would be fun for CeCe to interact with. Gambit is a GREAT choice.