Default a world without primates

let's say the first ever primate became extinct before the evoulution of man , mean no humans. what happens which speices will be the most dominated, now there primates including humans no longer exist.

bonus: you somehow transported to this world without primates, how do you react and what do you see?

Bonus 2: you drop on a world that still has no primates but now canines having taking the place of man and have evolved to do such, and Crocs are domestatic pets. how do you react to these Lycan like creatures and the world they live in? these canines have envoled due to Alien techology, and gene splicing.
    Last edited by Bruceleehulk; 04-30-2012 at 01:20 AM.
    I say Trukish Wreslting Rules- Hakan

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Other than the lack of civilization, I can't think it'd be too different, mostly. No lemurs, monkeys, or apes, including man. That means the world is likely just raw wilderness, with a few new species inhabiting the trees in various tropical climates, filling the niches the primates no longer took. A number of extinct species'd still be around, such as smilodons, mammoths, and other, similar creatures that were exterminated by our ancient ancestors.

I guess my first prority upon being sent there would be to find shelter. Dig myself a hole somewhere. Then Id' try to figure out flint knapping, so I can do some hunting, and line my hole with layers of sharpened stakes to keep bears and things out.

I see if I can become infected. I for one would not mind being a Werewolf-type creature. If that is not the case, I try to defend myself as best I can hiding in the wilderness and living off the land.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Veteran Membah Forgotten Entity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruceleehulk View Post
    Bonus 2: you drop on a world that still has no primates but now canines having taking the place of man and have evolved to do such, and Crocs are domestatic pets. how do you react to these Lycan like creatures and the world they live in?
    Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty dog!

I'd be interested in doing archeological digs just to find out how dogs evolved evolved into manlike creatures. Humans had a very specific path:
    (1)we first evolved handlike apendages to allow us to climb trees.
    (2)We left the trees and evolved into stamina-based pack-hunters who hunted during the hottest parts of the day to fill an environmental niche left by power-predators who mostly hunted at night, and also to escape competition for the trees with other apes.
    (3)We evolved immense intelligence to take advantage of the tree-climbing forelimbs that no longer were needed to actually climb trees anymore, instead using them to carry tools.

Dogs are so poorly designed for climbing that I doubt that series of events and synergies could happen to them. Cats are actually a much more realistic prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelChen View Post
    I'd be interested in doing archeological digs just to find out how dogs evolved evolved into manlike creatures. Humans had a very specific path:
    (1)we first evolved handlike apendages to allow us to climb trees.
    (2)We left the trees and evolved into stamina-based pack-hunters who hunted during the hottest parts of the day to fill an environmental niche left by power-predators who mostly hunted at night, and also to escape competition for the trees with other apes.
    (3)We evolved immense intelligence to take advantage of the tree-climbing forelimbs that no longer were needed to actually climb trees anymore, instead using them to carry tools.

Dogs are so poorly designed for climbing that I doubt that series of events and synergies could happen to them. Cats are actually a much more realistic prospect.
    this is fantasy.

1 they evolved due to Alien techology.

2 Mystical means.

3 evolved to live under ground. no need to climb trees when you're under ground, and eventually evolving longer forelimbs , and poseable appendages for more precise digging.

a for climbing, these dogs seems they ignore that rule

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...889698.stm?lss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_ljoL2RfA0
    Last edited by Bruceleehulk; 04-30-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelChen View Post
    If there'd been another species to evolve into a technological civilization in the absence of primates, I'd actually vote for birds; corvids, perhaps, or parrots. Their distant ancestors almost did.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall
    set me free.

edit bonus 2 to add that the canines envoled unaturally due to alien tech and gene splicing.