Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avenging?

Quote Originally Posted by Chachi View Post
    I've enjoyed the first 6 issues so far. Its refreshing to see a "one and done" book. I am on board at least thru issue 7. 8 doesn't interest me, and right now I won't be picking up the Capt Marvel issues but things can change once I see the books in the LCS.
    Issue #8 is the conclusion of The Ends of Earth Storyline. It was moved over to Avenging Spider-Man because they are preparing for The Lizard storyline that would coincide with The Amazing Spider-Man movie.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-30-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Im loving it, one of my favorite books. Great Team up book.

Is Joe Mad coming back?

I am enjoying the title very much! Just know what it is: it is essentially a new Marvel Team-Up; it's a lot of fun, just like the 1970's series....nothing earth-shattering, just an excuse for some great knock-down, drag-out fights with, for the most part, some really sweet art!
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Issue #8 is the conclusion of The Ends of Earth Storyline.
    The finale is in Amazing. This is an epilogue.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I am enjoying the title very much! Just know what it is: it is essentially a new Marvel Team-Up; it's a lot of fun, just like the 1970's series....nothing earth-shattering, just an excuse for some great knock-down, drag-out fights with, for the most part, some really sweet art!
    Is Jim Thompson loving this? Wasn't he the one that always wanted Marvel Team-Up back?
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by Chachi View Post
    I've enjoyed the first 6 issues so far. Its refreshing to see a "one and done" book. I am on board at least thru issue 7. 8 doesn't interest me, and right now I won't be picking up the Capt Marvel issues but things can change once I see the books in the LCS.
    It's not really "one and done" though, is it? The first arc was 3 issues. the Hawkeye and Captain America issues formed a two part story (granted they'd be fine on their own). #6 is part of a 3 issue crossover, #8 is an Ends of the Earth epilogue and I believe 9 and 10 are a Captain Marvel 2 part story. That leaves #7 as the only true (possibly) "one and done" of the issues we know about.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSix View Post
    Is Joe Mad coming back?
    He's supposed to be doing another arc with Zeb Wells, but it seems that's going to be released outside of Avenging Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    He's supposed to be doing another arc with Zeb Wells, but it seems that's going to be released outside of Avenging Spider-Man.

I think that the reason why the Joe Mad and Zeb Wells story is going to be done outside of Avenging Spider-Man is because of their very busy schedules on their other projects. When was the last time Joe Mad every illustrated a comic book series on a consistent monthly basis since his run with The Uncanny X-Men in the mid-1990's? I think that the next Joe Mad storyline is going to be great. Too bad Zeb Wells decided to leave Avenging Spider-Man. But Chris Yost is the man for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronStC View Post
    It's not really "one and done" though, is it? The first arc was 3 issues. the Hawkeye and Captain America issues formed a two part story (granted they'd be fine on their own). #6 is part of a 3 issue crossover, #8 is an Ends of the Earth epilogue and I believe 9 and 10 are a Captain Marvel 2 part story. That leaves #7 as the only true (possibly) "one and done" of the issues we know about.
    Was 9 and 10 confirmed as a 2 parter? It will be at least issue 13 til Yost takes over. There are supposed to be an issue drawn by Chris Samnee and one by Gabriel Del Otto coming out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Too bad, I loved the art of the 1st 3 issues. Was looking forward to him doing another run in Avenging.