View Poll Results: Do you accept Jean Grey as a Real Character?

Voters
97. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Nothing has changed for me. I still accept Jean.

63 64.95%
  • Nein, I hate her now.

23 23.71%
  • I love her more now that I know she's fake.

11 11.34%
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    Okay, why not just retell Jean's story when Fongji is going to end up becoming Dark Phoenix. If this tie-in serves to give an example of what could happen to Hope if she sucums to her human desires, why use this Fongji chick. This could have been a perfect place to retell Jean's story for a new generation that didn't read the original Dark Phoenix Saga and draw parallels to Jean's story that would show why they are not the same person. Its poor writing and planning. Now Hope is as twice as unoriginal.
    I doubt Fongji and Hope are going to get the same misogynistic "Dark Phoenix" ending, which castigates female sexuality. Fongji learned balance. We'll see how it turns out for Hope. I think the Scarlet Witch, who was also punished for being a woman, will help mentor Hope, perhaps sacrifice herself to save Hope. We can only speculate at this point. But I don't think we're going to see a play-by-play of the DPS. Hope is a strong girl. Cable trained her not to lose control, whereas when he saw that Jean was becoming the Phoenix again (during Claremont's "Revolution) he was ready to kill her (until Beast convinced him that Jean might be strong enough to handle it this time).

Seeing how the Earth is still standing and a Phoenix tragedy would be remembered by the cosmics and the Sh'iar, Kree etc...Fongji must be successful in utilising the Phoenix Force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Seeing how the Earth is still standing and a Phoenix tragedy would be remembered by the cosmics and the Sh'iar, Kree etc...Fongji must be successful in utilising the Phoenix Force.
    Because she wasn't a spoiled baby boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    I doubt Fongji and Hope are going to get the same misogynistic "Dark Phoenix" ending, which castigates female sexuality. Fongji learned balance. We'll see how it turns out for Hope. I think the Scarlet Witch, who was also punished for being a woman, will help mentor Hope, perhaps sacrifice herself to save Hope. We can only speculate at this point. But I don't think we're going to see a play-by-play of the DPS. Hope is a strong girl. Cable trained her not to lose control, whereas when he saw that Jean was becoming the Phoenix again (during Claremont's "Revolution) he was ready to kill her (until Beast convinced him that Jean might be strong enough to handle it this time).
    Well time will tell and we'll hopefully see a different story from this, if just to make Hope her own character for once. It is true what you say about Jean not being strong enough for the Phoenix but she did what she had to do and that took more strength than taming the PF. That was one of the more enjoyable things from Morrison's run, to see how much she grew as a person. Arguably the character to have had the most development in the long run from the x-books.

The Phoenix ate a star, and she blew up a ship in self defense. The rest was just fun and games. She didn't kill anyone.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Because she wasn't a spoiled baby boomer.
    True, Jean also had it easy in school. Jean got extra credit for giving her Professor a sponge bath.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    That was one of the more enjoyable things from Morrison's run, to see how much she grew as a person. Arguably the character to have had the most development in the long run from the x-books.
    She had to wash that man right out of her hair. Morrison's point, really, was that Cyclops had held Jean back all along, and that Jean had held herself back by staying attached to a cold fish.

That is the only way that run can be read. This is why I want to see Jean back, to see where live takes her next now that she is free of her inhibitions. She should have really opened up her own school after New X-Men, instead of dying and Cyclops should have made his way to where he is now as leader of Utopia long ago. They could have been the Xavier and Magneto of their generation, with a larger emotional fallout than their predecessor ever had.

I would've liked it if she was a white phoenix and had missions in space or w/e. She could've been a memorable supporting character occasional ally like Sadie Sinclair.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

You people are going to love Bendis' X-Men.

Marks.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    You people are going to love Bendis' X-Men.

Marks.
    I plan on dropping the Avengers books after this even, If Bendis starts sliming the x-book characters I will simply drop Marvel completely
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I plan on dropping the Avengers books after this even, If Bendis starts sliming the x-book characters I will simply drop Marvel completely
    Well then let's hope that Bendis gets an X-Book, folks!!!!!

I think we can all get behind this.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Darkness, my clan and I need an outsider to help us help the marks see reason.

Tell them this Fongji business is ridiculous lol.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Darkness, my clan and I need an outsider to help us help the marks see reason.

Tell them this Fongji business is ridiculous lol.
    Sorry, I've never met an Iron Fist I didn't like.

Last edited by darknessatnoon; 05-05-2012 at 05:34 PM.