View Poll Results: Do you accept Jean Grey as a Real Character?

Voters
97. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Nothing has changed for me. I still accept Jean.

63 64.95%
  • Nein, I hate her now.

23 23.71%
  • I love her more now that I know she's fake.

11 11.34%
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

formspring is about as valuable a resource for determining canon as trading cards. Brevort better publish his thoughts in a real book if he wants it count.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Psionica Psychotica Almighty Pejo's Avatar

So Endsong was about the Phoenix Force resurrecting the Phoenix Force so that the Phoenix Force could fight against the Phoenix Force, snatching up Wolverine to kill the Phoenix Force so that the Phoenix Force could reassert control over the Phoenix Force, allowing the Phoenix Force to bury itself in ice while the Phoenix Force possessed Emma Frost, and then the Phoenix Force came out of the ice to yank the Phoenix Force out of Emma Frost so that the Phoenix Force could talk to the Phoenix Force about forgetting who it was so that the Phoenix Force would realize it felt that way because the Phoenix Force felt that way, which prompted the Phoenix Force to merge with the Phoenix Force while the Phoenix Force fought back against the Phoenix Force before Emma Frost had the Cuckoos use Cerebro to remind the Phoenix Force of who it wasn't so that the Phoenix Force would regain control of the Phoenix Force, allowing the Phoenix Force to become one with the Phoenix Force so it could go back to the White Hot Room to find yet another Phoenix Force to be merged with the Phoenix Force so that the Phoenix Force and the Phoenix Force could join together to become the Phoenix Force?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Pejo View Post
    So Endsong was about the Phoenix Force resurrecting the Phoenix Force so that the Phoenix Force could fight against the Phoenix Force, snatching up Wolverine to kill the Phoenix Force so that the Phoenix Force could reassert control over the Phoenix Force, allowing the Phoenix Force to bury itself in ice while the Phoenix Force possessed Emma Frost, and then the Phoenix Force came out of the ice to yank the Phoenix Force out of Emma Frost so that the Phoenix Force could talk to the Phoenix Force about forgetting who it was so that the Phoenix Force would realize it felt that way because the Phoenix Force felt that way, which prompted the Phoenix Force to merge with the Phoenix Force while the Phoenix Force fought back against the Phoenix Force before Emma Frost had the Cuckoos use Cerebro to remind the Phoenix Force of who it wasn't so that the Phoenix Force would regain control of the Phoenix Force, allowing the Phoenix Force to become one with the Phoenix Force so it could go back to the White Hot Room to find yet another Phoenix Force to be merged with the Phoenix Force so that the Phoenix Force and the Phoenix Force could join together to become the Phoenix Force?
    Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Our position was stated on panel by the only primary source there is. I could understand if we were writing some high school language arts "how did Grendel feel about Beowulf?" paper, but we're not. Grendel's an evil monster because the story said so.

There were no zombies in Endsong and what they're doing in AvX clashes with that story as it was written.
    Which point? There's evidence that Jean wasn't all there and was missing pieces from her memories too. The part of Jean that wanted to be human and to belong could have just come back. Which would fit in with the Sh'iar weapon ripping the host and Force apart at the beginning.

Plus it wouldn't be the first time Jeans soul was fractured.

Ctrl + F Phoenix Force.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

You sound like you don't appreciate the complexity of the Phoenix Force.
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2009
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

"I think you all look at least as splendid as I!" ~ Nightcrawler

Hush! It means we can ignore WarSong EndSong because no one cares.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

This is the first time I've paid attention to the Phoenix in my lifetime.

So, you know, WELL DONE MARVEL.

I love you. -stevensanders.

Josef: You are my morning sweetheart. - KieronGillen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    She still has her sharp wit to her. Hardly a zombie, old chap.
    Then she's a Lich.
    D&D Wiki Explains Jean's condition

Exclamation

This made me LOL in class while my students were taking their Final.
    -Professor of Jean Grey Hermeneutics and Phoenix Studies

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Which point? There's evidence that Jean wasn't all there and was missing pieces from her memories too. The part of Jean that wanted to be human and to belong could have just come back. Which would fit in with the Sh'iar weapon ripping the host and Force apart at the beginning.

Plus it wouldn't be the first time Jeans soul was fractured.
    You know which parts, probably by heart. What we have evidence of is a piece of the Phoenix got confused and thought it was the real deal.

The "zombie" seems pretty clear on what she's talking about and we're not lead to believe she's lying or confused when she tells the piece of the force in plain English "I am you."

The zombie theory doesn't hold up. It's canon because the guy with most of the power says so, but that is NOT what was presented in the story.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Confession time:

I only argue with you guys because I really think she's coming back or at least making a major appearance...unless fungi is the Lights'/Hope's mom.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Confession time:

I only argue with you guys because I really think she's coming back or at least making a major appearance...unless fungi is the Lights'/Hope's mom.
    Hope's mother is a Fireman. She's a Spaulding.

Both Fongi and Hope's biological fathers are suspicious though.

A Goddess amongst mortals celestialbodies's Avatar

This really gave me a good laugh.

BANNED