View Poll Results: Do you accept Jean Grey as a Real Character?

Voters
97. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Nothing has changed for me. I still accept Jean.

63 64.95%
  • Nein, I hate her now.

23 23.71%
  • I love her more now that I know she's fake.

11 11.34%
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

You gotta work to keep a man. Maddie was slacking. Then years later Jean slacked off and Emma snatched Scott. Emma's getting lax now and one of the Cuckoos is going to have to conceive Ruby Summers soon. It's a vicious cycle.

Jean threw herself at Cyclops even after she found out he was going to search for his wife. She and Warren were also fully supportive of Hodge's plan. X-Factor does not paint her in a good light. In contrast, Pryor saved reality by being one of the 9 people who sacrificed themselves against the Adversary to close Forge's portal. Maddie was attacked by the Maruaders, had her baby kidnapped, saved the world. It was hilarious that Jean chose that moment to bitch about her.

Then X-Factor became celebrities while the X-Men and Maddie were working in the Outback.

BANNED

That scene of Maddie waking up in the hospital to find herself attacked (again) by Marauders breaks my heart. I was reminded of it in the WATX cartoon, when Jean was in a hospital bed with amnesia, and the nurse is listing names, trying to trigger a response. The nurse asks if her name is Hope and Jean gets pissed off. It's great. I love Yost.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Jean threw herself at Cyclops even after she found out he was going to search for his wife. She and Warren were also fully supportive of Hodge's plan. X-Factor does not paint her in a good light. In contrast, Pryor saved reality by being one of the 9 people who sacrificed themselves against the Adversary to close Forge's portal. Maddie was attacked by the Maruaders, had her baby kidnapped, saved the world. It was hilarious that Jean chose that moment to bitch about her.

Then X-Factor became celebrities and the X-Men and Maddie were working in the Outback.
    Poor thing. That sequence where Scott and Jean steal her identity leaving her in a desert without a mouth to cry is heartbreaking *sinff*

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    How come no one ever talks about Maddie's work helping refugees out of Genosha, which she was doing while Jean was FUCKING HER HUSBAND!?
    I love Maddie. She's a tragic, innocent character. And Jean can definitely be a jealous out of control woman (my favorite kind of Jean, actually), but it's Scott who should be judged, really.

Things like "Jean threw herself at Cyclops..." make me roll my eyes. Poor, manipulated Scott.
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 04-29-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Because of Fongi that is even clearer. If you have had several redheads connected to Phoenix and Hope is just the last of the series, Jean becomes irrelevant, she can chill in the white hot room. That said, I do not trust much the interviews. They spent the last five years telling us that Hope was absolutely not Jean, only to say in that other interview that yes, in the first draft of Messiah Complex Hope was Jean reincarnated, hence the locket scene.
    Brevoort was quite emphatic about it. I don't have any reason to doubt him. He has nothing to gain by lying, marvel are already likely to be losing a lot of sales for this event now that all the Jean fans will be dropping AvsX

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I love Maddie. And Jean can definitely be a jealous out of control woman (my favorite kind of Jean, really), but it's Scott who should be judged, really.
    It's not his fault that he didn't know Jean was incubating in an egg for years. Poor guy was trapped between a bitch and a bitch.

BANNED

btw, Fongi gives serious bitch-face.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    Brevoort was quite emphatic about it. I don't have any reason to doubt him. He has nothing to gain by lying, marvel are already likely to be losing a lot of sales for this event now that all the Jean fans will be dropping AvsX
    For true Jean fans the chinese girl is a retroactive clon, so they are a non factor.

OMG plz don't make excuses for Cyclops. I will have an Excelsior level break down up in here.

I would argue that Jean was first revealed to be a derivative of Rose. This just makes Jean a derivative of Rose who was a derivative of Fongi.

Fongi's origin is still going to have to couched within the history of the Grey family. There was a female member of the Victorian Hellfire Club, right?

Or, is Fongi meant to sound like "fungus" and this is really a reference to Sublime. OMG JEAN WAS A PRODUCT OF SUBLIME! PROOF!
    Last edited by Meehl; 04-29-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Things like "Jean threw herself at Cyclops..." makes me roll my eyes. Poor, manipulated Scott.
    In fairness, he was insane for about 20 issues at the time. He was talking to himself and to ghosts.

BANNED

ha ha ha ha Jean!!!!

Scott was clearly the victim.

BANNED

She's using the rain to pretend to cry.