Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    205

    Default Magneto Appreciation

    I dont found a thread sbout magnus

    Magneto the master of the magnetism, archenemy of the x-men and now a member of the cyclop´s team


  2. #2

    Default

    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ppreciation-II

    It's Magneto family oriented, but it's mostly about Magneto Himself.
    You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

    Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

  3. #3
    Gone
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    20,303

    Default

    I appreciate Magneto like no one else now that he has become Rogues true love and Betsy's snarky 'friend'.

  4. #4
    Senior Member timeismoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Memphis
    Posts
    4,563

    Default

    Magneto is the man and i like the relationship that Gillen has build for him and Betsy. He really should be in X force, Rick did say he will be showing up again but he didn't say when.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

  5. #5
    Hard-Headed Ingonyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,146

    Default

    I think a fully reformed Magneto should lead X-Force, or a team like it.

    I love him as a good guy...but only when he's genuinely good. As it stands now, I expect "Fatal Attractions II: The Sequel" to come along any day now and turn him back into a megalomaniacal crazy.

    Villainous Magneto is about as cliche as you can get. Admittedly, he helped invent the "The world hurt me so I'm going to hurt back!" MO, but I haven't seen writers do anything really novel with bad-guy Magneto since the original Fatal Attractions (not counting the Trial of Gambit, where his involvement made ABSOLUTELY ZERO SENSE).

    Also feel he and Rogue are totally wrong for each other. Magneto should either be single, or have someone tough enough to stand with him as an equal. Old-school Rogue might have qualified, but Legacy Rogue, really not so much. Also there's the Trial to consider...Rogue used to think that was the most heinous act someone had ever committed against her.
    Last edited by Ingonyama; 04-30-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    'Yama

    My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

  6. #6
    Senior Member timeismoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Memphis
    Posts
    4,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    I think a fully reformed Magneto should lead X-Force, or a team like it.

    I love him as a good guy...but only when he's genuinely good. As it stands now, I expect "Fatal Attractions II: The Sequel" to come along any day now and turn him back into a megalomaniacal crazy.

    Villainous Magneto is about as cliche as you can get. Admittedly, he helped invent the "The world hurt me so I'm going to hurt back!" MO, but I haven't seen writers do anything really novel with bad-guy Magneto since the original Fatal Attractions (not counting the Trial of Gambit, where his involvement made ABSOLUTELY ZERO SENSE).

    Also feel he and Rogue are totally wrong for each other. Magneto should either be single, or have someone tough enough to stand with him as an equal. Old-school Rogue might have qualified, but Legacy Rogue, really not so much. Also there's the Trial to consider...Rogue used to think that was the most heinous act someone had ever committed against her.
    I agree i think Mags should be single or have someone that is a equal the thing is I can't think of any women in Marvel that would be his equal. Who do you think fit the bill.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

  7. #7
    Return of the Jedi Last1oftheJedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Yesteryear
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    I agree i think Mags should be single or have someone that is a equal the thing is I can't think of any women in Marvel that would be his equal. Who do you think fit the bill.
    It'll never happen. But a woman in the Marvel U equal to Mags? Two words, one name, Emma Frost.
    I was playin' in the beginnin'. The rules all changed. I've been chewed up, and spit out, and booed off stage. - Eminem
    I dare you to make less sense - Dean Venture
    Squirrel Tactic!- Dale Gribble

  8. #8
    Senior Member timeismoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Memphis
    Posts
    4,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last1oftheJedi View Post
    It'll never happen. But a woman in the Marvel U equal to Mags? Two words, one name, Emma Frost.
    I think Emma would be and alright choice given that sometime she have the same mind set as him and they get along really well. And it is funny that before the whole Rogue thing all the women he was involved with was human.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

  9. #9
    Return of the Jedi Last1oftheJedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Yesteryear
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Read Magneto 0. Mags didn't hate humans until the CIA (or whatever they actaully were...a wetworks unit for sure) killed his lover. It was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.
    I was playin' in the beginnin'. The rules all changed. I've been chewed up, and spit out, and booed off stage. - Eminem
    I dare you to make less sense - Dean Venture
    Squirrel Tactic!- Dale Gribble

  10. #10
    Senior Member timeismoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Memphis
    Posts
    4,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last1oftheJedi View Post
    Read Magneto 0. Mags didn't hate humans until the CIA (or whatever they actaully were...a wetworks unit for sure) killed his lover. It was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.
    Yeah I have that book somewhere it was great in explaining his hate, I mean he just never been shown to have any interest in Mutants of the female kind as he was with Lee back in the day.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

  11. #11
    Return of the Jedi Last1oftheJedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Yesteryear
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    Yeah I have that book somewhere it was great in explaining his hate, I mean he just never been shown to have any interest in Mutants of the female kind as he was with Lee back in the day.
    There's alot of truth in that. Perhapse Dr. Rao would be a woman of intellect that has more than once shown she can "keep up" with the mutants known as the X-Men.
    I was playin' in the beginnin'. The rules all changed. I've been chewed up, and spit out, and booed off stage. - Eminem
    I dare you to make less sense - Dean Venture
    Squirrel Tactic!- Dale Gribble

  12. #12
    Senior Member timeismoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Memphis
    Posts
    4,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last1oftheJedi View Post
    There's alot of truth in that. Perhapse Dr. Rao would be a woman of intellect that has more than once shown she can "keep up" with the mutants known as the X-Men.
    That another thing i think play a role in what type of women he might like intellect is something he pride himself on, that is why a lot of people don,t understand the whole Rogue thing not saying that she is dumb because she far from it but on Mags level no she's not.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

  13. #13
    Return of the Jedi Last1oftheJedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Yesteryear
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    That another thing i think play a role in what type of women he might like intellect is something he pride himself on, that is why a lot of people don,t understand the whole Rogue thing not saying that she is dumb because she far from it but on Mags level no she's not.
    Another excellent point. Rogue is hardly ignorante. But Mags (like Rao and Emma) is a genius level intellect.
    Now I know, two people to be in love don't have to be on the same level of intellegence, but it certainly helps, right?
    That, and maybe only I feel this way, but isn't Rogue a little young for Mags? I mean, I know Magneto has been "de-aged" and doesn't age as rapidly as other humans, because the earth keeps him alive and younger than the years he's traveled, but that only makes to more the point. Magneto has seen ALOT. How can Rogue relate to this guy who has been through all this? I know Rogue's life was anything but a cake walk (even though Forge could easily rememdy the whole "can't touch" thing...A simple device that allows her to turn on and off her powers would be a brillant machine, Forge-boy.), but in a *bleep*ing contest, it's not even comparable to what Magneto went through.
    Emma knows tragedy though. So does Rao, if a lesser degree.
    Since I like Emma/Scott so much (I know it's gone down-hill since it started, but man that opening relationship was a great read.) I think you've talked me into really wanting to see Magneto/Rao as a couple. It has a ton of plot-line potiental. Espeically since she's human and for so long Magneto was a mutant terrorist. The conversations they'd have alone would be a book I would pick up.
    Personal opinion obviously.
    I was playin' in the beginnin'. The rules all changed. I've been chewed up, and spit out, and booed off stage. - Eminem
    I dare you to make less sense - Dean Venture
    Squirrel Tactic!- Dale Gribble

  14. #14
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last1oftheJedi View Post
    It'll never happen. But a woman in the Marvel U equal to Mags? Two words, one name, Emma Frost.
    Namor would never forgiven him.


    on another note, i'm half expecting Joseph to show up as part of the new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. it's a way to have a good and bad guy Magneto; active in the MU.


    as for love interests, i'd love to see he and Sabra come to an understanding. she currently hates him but i think they are similar personalities. Magneto would definately respect her. they've both lost children.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  15. #15
    Senior Member timeismoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Memphis
    Posts
    4,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    Namor would never forgiven him.


    on another note, i'm half expecting Joseph to show up as part of the new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. it's a way to have a good and bad guy Magneto; active in the MU.


    as for love interests, i'd love to see he and Sabra come to an understanding. she currently hates him but i think they are similar personalities. Magneto would definately respect her. they've both lost children.
    Magneto at his heart is a lonely person and it is understandable with all the shit he has to live with. I think him and Sabra would make for a nice relationship given that they have somethings in common. And i don't think Chris get enough credit for the work he did on Mags to make him one of if the most complex character in comics. Because the worst kind of villain is the one who can be seen as right by others.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •