Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You've misread the article.

But when they do inevitably replace RDJ as Iron Man I'm guessing it'll mean the end of successful Iron Man movies.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    It doesn't say that at all. He's only contracted through Iron Man 3, but that doesn't prohibit them from working something out for future appearances.
    Exactly. People are really jumping the gun.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

he'll probably do a part 4 if Iron Man 3 does well. I don't see him walking unless there's some personal meltdown between Downey and the studio people..

Sentinal of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

As far as the Avengers movie, Iron Man doesn't even nessecarily "need" to be in the movie. There's been plenty of times Iron Man has taken leave of the team, as I'm pretty sure they'll want to introduce some new members *coughBlack Panthercough*

It would be sad if Downey jr were to be replaced. Iron Man would lose importance.

www.extremecomicsinternational.blogspot.com

I love RDJ as Iron but I know a time will come when he calls it a day. I think that day is a long way off though. I can see him doing at least another 3 movies after Iron Man 3, be they Iron Man or Avengers sequels.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    As far as the Avengers movie, Iron Man doesn't even nessecarily "need" to be in the movie. There's been plenty of times Iron Man has taken leave of the team, as I'm pretty sure they'll want to introduce some new members *coughBlack Panthercough*
    This. I think if after 1-2 Avengers movies Iron Man officially retires and they put someone else in to replace him, that'd be cool. It sets the stage that the Avengers are "people who step up to save the world", not necessarily one particular roster.

As for more Iron Man movies... 3 is actually kind of enough for me. RDJ is great and all but like Jack in Pirates of the Caribbean, 3 is enough.

If RDjr does stop playing IM they should definitely just sub someone in. If James Bond has taught us anything it is that you can keep switching actors almost indefinitely. Even there, I thought the recent reboot after 20 films was silly.

I think it's great they can even play with the idea of going the Bond route. It really shows how much super hero movies have cemented themselves as a legitimate genre over the past ten years. Thanks, in large part, due to the work of great actors like Robert Downey Jr.

Or they could just pay him a ton of money to do Avengers 2, kill him off, and NOT recast him. Of course that would require guts.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

This was bound to happen

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Or they could just pay him a ton of money to do Avengers 2, kill him off, and NOT recast him. Of course that would require guts.
    This. Art is supposed to be dangerous. Make bold statements, don't get stuck into the adapt/reboot cycle.
    Comics are more better.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    This. Art is supposed to be dangerous. Make bold statements, don't get stuck into the adapt/reboot cycle.
    Movies,,at least big budget movies, like commercial Comics, are not about art, they are about short term and long term profit.

Do you think that art even comes into the discussion when hundreds of millions of dollars are on the table, and as much for the next movie?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Pay him to be in Avengers 2 and either kill him off or just write around him from then on. Hell, if they do an Avengers 2, just have it introduce a sort Cap's Kooky Quartet with everyone else gone and introduce a new set of characters, possibly Ant Man and the Wasp, who should have a movie by that time and maybe the mutants will be available for use by then as well.