Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    I remember that scene.
    Also recall being bummed out when Marrow became all cute shortly after joining the X-Men.
    What was that all about?
    Oh, that was the handy work of Gambit...

Remy placed Sarah inside a Skrull healing chamber and when she emerged she was irrevocably altered and, had gained control of her powers.

(And, on a side note) Sarah eventually lost control again a was recruted into the Weapon X program in exchange to have her powers re-stabilized.

Coincidence???
    Last edited by ZNOP; 04-29-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Oh, that was the handy work of Gambit...
    Right, I meant in regards to thematic point of view... This whole notion that the good guys are pretty and the bad guys are ugly is just so shallow - it kind of defies one of the things that has always made the X-Men such a good title.

Right, I meant in regards to thematic point of view... This whole notion that the good guys are pretty and the bad guys are ugly is just so shallow - it kind of defies one of the things that has always made the X-Men such a good title.
    Ah I'm pretty sure (as someone has already mentioned) it came into full fruition when the "Mutation Classifacations" came about.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 04-29-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    Or is it quickly quelled before it becomes too entrenched?

What I mean is with the different classifications of mutants, like Omega, and Alpha and so on, as well as the various power types have mutants ever drawn their own prejudices?

In the Ronin mangaverse, Xavier was the head of a inner circle of telepaths, and had two daughters Emma Frost and Elizabeth Braddock (I'm not sure about betsy.. been awhile since i read it.), both telepaths like their father, and all believing that the Telepaths should guide/control mutantkind/mankind I think.
    No, it was Emma Frost and Tessa and Destiny was their step-mom. Wolverine and Scott were brothers, and Forge was a Sentinel pilot.
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Ah I'm pretty sure (as someone has already mentioned) it came into full fruition when the "Mutation Classifacations" came about.
    The link sent me to the general wikipedia entry for Mutant, but I could see what you meant in regards to the various sub-classification of different mutants. Very interesting. Seems like a lot of the sub-genises are biproducts of half-baked plot-lines (the Externals, the Cheyarafim and Neyaphem).

Hmmm?!? I thought I fixed that before you had a chance to click it... Sorry, Dr. Sonic

OMEGA: Omega mutants are those with the highest level of power. They are the most powerful of the Alphas.

ALPHA: Alpha mutants have very powerful and useful mutant powers and no drawbacks such as changes in appearance. They are perhaps the most feared mutants.

BETA: Betas are as powerful as alphas but they have some physical changes as a drawback.

GAMMA: Gammas are also powerful mutants but they suffer from large physical changes. These changes make their lives very hard and make them very easy to tell they are a mutant.

DELTA: Delta mutants have low levels of power than Alphas. Like Alphas, they have no physical changes. Most Deltas do not even know they are mutants.

EPSILON: Epsilons have minor superhuman powers and major physical flaws. They are easily recognized just by looking at them.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 04-29-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s)

I AM PHOENIX!

I think new mutants are becoming less and less original (starting with Morrison) Nowadays, mutants, save the earlier ones, are becoming more and more disfigured. They used to have cool, clever powers, now they pretty much are humanoid animals.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think new mutants are becoming less and less original (starting with Morrison) Nowadays, mutants, save the earlier ones, are becoming more and more disfigured. They used to have cool, clever powers, now they pretty much are humanoid animals.
    Not defensible. And Naive.

Beast strength and agility, lasers shooting out of his eyes, an angel, an ice man, and a telepath are not really original ideas. Neither was an african weather witch, a russian man of steel, a scrappy Canadian fight, an irish banshee, and an angry native american. Nothing has ever been original in comics. In fact, the ANAD X-men are not original while also being culturally offensive stereotypes. They've always borrowed heavily from mythology, fantasy, and science fiction. I think Maggot is the only original X-men.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

BANNED

Scott: For the same reason you beg me to nail you like the whore you are every night... I'm good at it B*tch! Now, get back to slobbin' my knob!
    Last edited by ZNOP; 04-29-2012 at 11:49 PM.

I AM PHOENIX!

Which is probably why Greg Land is seen as the perfect artist for UXM atm whilst with all the freaks at the JGSHL Bachalo becomes better suited to portray them.
    current top5 - The Unwritten, X-factor, The Walking Dead, WATXM, Amazing Spiderman

"You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a F***ing challenge" Introdiction - Scroobius Pip

How long have you been reading X-Men and X-Related titles?
    I read them periodically, i binge then when a series of writers or arcs start that I don't like i quickly burnout and ignore them for years on end, meaning i can miss quiet few stories before and new writer with some good ideas or a interesting new team is made that brings me back. It's been awhile since i've read some pf their books to be honest.
    Last edited by Kage Kisaragi; 04-30-2012 at 05:40 AM.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    No, it was Emma Frost and Tessa and Destiny was their step-mom. Wolverine and Scott were brothers, and Forge was a Sentinel pilot.
    Thanks, wasn't 100% sure..its been awhile since i've read the book.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

Hmmm?!? I thought I fixed that before you had a chance to click it... Sorry, Dr. Sonic
    OMEGA: Omega mutants are those with the highest level of power. They are the most powerful of the Alphas.
    ALPHA: Alpha mutants have very powerful and useful mutant powers and no drawbacks such as changes in appearance. They are perhaps the most feared mutants.
    BETA: Betas are as powerful as alphas but they have some physical changes as a drawback.
    GAMMA: Gammas are also powerful mutants but they suffer from large physical changes. These changes make their lives very hard and make them very easy to tell they are a mutant.
    DELTA: Delta mutants have low levels of power than Alphas. Like Alphas, they have no physical changes. Most Deltas do not even know they are mutants.
    EPSILON: Epsilons have minor superhuman powers and major physical flaws. They are easily recognized just by looking at them.
    Ah. Thanks for that. I hadn't seen that. Is this an official categorization system discussed in the books proper?

Telepaths like Xavier tend to think that psychics are a cut above other mutants. You can tell that Emma, Psylocke and Cable do too by the way they carry themselves. None of them seem to care what the rest think, probably because they already know.