Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile_17 View Post
    I've already prepared myself for this

I'm 99% certain it's not going to be a part of Brian Wood's plot for his first few arcs whilst we deal with "Divided We Fall" and it's fallout.

To be honest though, I'd rather they sideline it for the time being and pick it up properly later, maybe when we revisit Ultimate X too.

This would be better than just glossing over it with some quick resolution now and moving on.
    If Spencer addresses it and we get a TBC type of thing I may be okay with that, as long as it is completed sometime in the near future. If they just ignore it, then I'm just going to have to assume Ultimatum was all an elaborate ruse and that no X-Men actually died.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    If Spencer addresses it and we get a TBC type of thing I may be okay with that, as long as it is completed sometime in the near future. If they just ignore it, then I'm just going to have to assume Ultimatum was all an elaborate ruse and that no X-Men actually died.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    There is no try, only undoing Ultimatum.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

If they never mention it again, Spencer's run still won't have as many dangling plots as Loeb's Ultimates run did. So it's got that going for it.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Elder Member

There is no try, only undoing Ultimatum.

I don't know what happens but I imagine this

Going back to this: "What event will change the line-up of the X-Men forever?"

That sounds like either a death or a new ultimization to me.

With all the recent deaths I don't think they will be going that route.

I'm not sure how an event will cause an ultimization though? Could be cool!

The other option is something in the crossover event causes Johnny to leave the X-Me and rejoin Ben & Sue maybe? That would change the line-up?

I don't think it's that though as Brian has said he is part of the team he'll be writing and he has also teased at bringing in a new Generation X character anyway.

What do you think?
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Sorry quoted the wrong person. I meant to quote Kurolegacy. I THINK he's the guy who always called Kitty a "bitch", could be wrong though. If so I apologize Kurolegacy.
    Sue Storm. This is the third time we've had to go over this. Do I have to start leaving hologram recordings? Because for her I'll do it.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 05-01-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

CBR: With recent talk of Jean Grey spreading around the web, Scents showed up to ask: "Since there is a lack of Jean Grey in 616 right now I was wondering about making Ultimate Jean Grey more prominent in the Ultimate Universe. She's in a position right now where the road ahead is wide open and there are lots of possibilities. I hope you guys will give her that chance. Thank you."

Alonso: Jean is currently “undercover” in the Twin Cities of Tian, but Brian Wood has some pretty huge stuff planned with her after “Divided We Fall.” Stay tuned.
    Hmm, I wonder what he's got planned for her? Hopefully it will tie a knot in the "mutant dead" storyline whatever it is.
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE

I've already prepared myself for this

I'm 99% certain it's not going to be a part of Brian Wood's plot for his first few arcs whilst we deal with "Divided We Fall" and it's fallout.

To be honest though, I'd rather they sideline it for the time being and pick it up properly later, maybe when we revisit Ultimate X too.

This would be better than just glossing over it with some quick resolution now and moving on.
    I feel like it was explained by showing that Jean Grey could manipulate people all around the world at the same time. That's how I took it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    I feel like it was explained by showing that Jean Grey could manipulate people all around the world at the same time. That's how I took it.
    I'm cool with that explanation.

But I would need to know what was her motivation was for engineering the deaths of hundreds (maybe thousands) of mutants by manipulating Stryker and what her plans were for Pietro with his whole agenda to enslave mutants

I'm cool with that explanation.

But I would need to know what was her motivation was for engineering the deaths of hundreds (maybe thousands) of mutants by manipulating Stryker and what her plans were for Pietro with his whole agenda to enslave mutants
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    so wait jean was the one who killed everyone omg hmmm maybe its away to raise the Phoenix Force within her then she might bring everyone back who knows but was she the one to kill everyone i knew she was controling alot of people but not to this much

Quote Originally Posted by shankarma View Post
    so wait jean was the one who killed everyone omg hmmm maybe its away to raise the Phoenix Force within her then she might bring everyone back who knows but was she the one to kill everyone i knew she was controling alot of people but not to this much
    Just to clarify I meant I'd be cool with that explanation if there was some really strong motives behind it.

I don't actually believe that is what has happened but it could be, I really don't know at this point?

As for the Phoenix Force, I really wish they would retcon that to all being in her head again! I thought the idea of it being a mental insability from her being so powerful was much more interesting!

If they did, I'm sure they could tie that into this storyline really well too!

Just to clarify I meant I'd be cool with that explanation if there was some really strong motives behind it.

I don't actually believe that is what has happened but it could be, I really don't know at this point?

As for the Phoenix Force, I really wish they would retcon that to all being in her head again! I thought the idea of it being a mental insability from her being so powerful was much more interesting!

If they did, I'm sure they could tie that into this storyline really well too!
    ohhh yeah I loved that story line it would make sense after all the death she finally just staped and let the phoenix force take over

Marvel does love their powerful unstable females so you never know. It's the only time a female can take center stage is when she's being a threat and how they arrive at something like avx.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Marvel does love their powerful unstable females so you never know. It's the only time a female can take center stage is when she's being a threat and how they arrive at something like avx.
    I know what you mean.

Having said that though, Kitty is not a threat and she's taking centre stage?

Granted, there is the whole "the most feared and hated terrorist in the history of the united states" teaser, so I may have to eat these words later