Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,928

    Default "Who is the Second Terra?" and More Abandoned Comic Book Storylines!

    Every week, CSBG examines abandoned comic book stories later explained away by later writers. Come see the featured stories so far, including the latest addition: a look at Terra's variety of origins.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Every week, CSBG examines abandoned comic book stories later explained away by later writers. Come see the featured stories so far, including the latest addition: a look at Terra's variety of origins.


    Full article here.
    The last retcon was pretty much the nail in the coffin for shitty retcons for Terra. She should have been Geo-Force's dead sister somehow pulled , seconds before she died and mind-wiped. That works easier than the pointless one at the end.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  3. #3
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,918

    Default

    I don't see what the last Terra had to do with any of it, besides her name.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  4. #4
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,149

    Default

    I want an origin of Terra's hair styles.
    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

  5. #5
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I don't see what the last Terra had to do with any of it, besides her name.
    It's in the article.
    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

  6. #6
    ~Superior Schemer~ Artemis Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The last retcon was pretty much the nail in the coffin for shitty retcons for Terra. She should have been Geo-Force's dead sister somehow pulled , seconds before she died and mind-wiped. That works easier than the pointless one at the end.
    I agree there, it would have also made for a nice plot as to her really having been all sociopathic because of how she grew up. Without her memories she had a chance to be good, Seeing how writers screwed it over for apparently no reason I actually choose to believe this...Let's just say after she was mindwiped they implanted that false memory in her head in case superheroes get suspicious of her being Terra while she actually was xD'

  7. #7
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    It's in the article.
    Yes, but having read her mini, Supergirl debut and Power Girl issues, I disagree with said articles inclusion of her.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  8. #8
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Yes, but having read her mini, Supergirl debut and Power Girl issues, I disagree with said articles inclusion of her.
    They didn't include her as much as the retcon of Terra II having been one of "her people" which gets explained by Terra III in those panels.
    My blog.

    We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

    Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

  9. #9
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    They didn't include her as much as the retcon of Terra II having been one of "her people" which gets explained by Terra III in those panels.
    I'm sorry, good sir, but neither you, nor the authors of said article, shall convince me to associate the 3rd feel-good Terra with the second continuity headache Terra in any way other than name and Brion being understandably curious about both.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •