Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Easily the best issue of the run. Great mix of character stuff for Midnighter (and Apollo), some strong lines for characters like Angie and Hawksmoor, and some great organization/world building with the Vitruvian Man.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

SHOW ME YOUR THUMBS!! BohemiaDrinker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    So what former members return next issue? IMO 2 kinda makes me think of the Blade Guy and the Internet Chick but if not them then some WSU Authority Alums would be nice. King and Winter being my picks.
    If we`re going for NuDC continuity, it could only be HArry Tanner and the Projectionist.

If we consider all the team history from back in WS (And include the Authority), it could be number of characters, but there are some I sincerely doubt we will see. Jackson King, Flint and Winter are all redundant, power-wise. Swift, same thing. I doubt we`ll see the Doctor because there`s apparently a "Sci-Fi only, no magic" rule concerning this book".

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    If we`re going for NuDC continuity, it could only be HArry Tanner and the Projectionist.

If we consider all the team history from back in WS (And include the Authority), it could be number of characters, but there are some I sincerely doubt we will see. Jackson King, Flint and Winter are all redundant, power-wise. Swift, same thing. I doubt we`ll see the Doctor because there`s apparently a "Sci-Fi only, no magic" rule concerning this book".
    True a guy can dream. IMO, we have better odds on them being in that rival secret society that solicits mention.
    Flint vs Engineer
    King vs Martian Manhunter
    Winter or the High vs Apollo
    River vs Jenny

Not sure who to put against Midnigher and Hawksmoor though. Normally, I would use Zealot or Warblade but they are getting used elsewhere. Hawksmoor just has no good matches. Suppose they could have Tanner join a new team. Tao would be fun.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 05-02-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

I'm guessing that we'll get two old characters in the same way that we got an old character this issue -- two characters from out of stormwatch's distant, rather than recent, past.

I'm hoping so.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I'm guessing that we'll get two old characters in the same way that we got an old character this issue -- two characters from out of stormwatch's distant, rather than recent, past.

I'm hoping so.
    I liked your idea.... but it`s actually Harry Tanner and probably the Projectionist:

STORMWATCH #10
    PETER MILLIGAN
    Art by IGNACIO CALERO and SEAN PARSONS
    Cover by MIGUEL SEPULVEDA
    On sale JUNE 6 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
    • Welcoming the art team of IGNACIO CALERO and SEAN PARSONS as a new epic begins!
    • HARRY TANNER returns to take on STORMWATCH!
    • More secrets of the team’s past are revealed!

Can someone please post the pic of Midnighter at the end? It was pretty cool. This Stormwatch is probably the most powerful team in DCU now.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

The only thing I had a problem with is how they did the exposition to the GLs. It seems weird that anyone in the DCU, let alone someone in this group, would need to be told who they are; and I would think that, if they didn't know about the Red Lanterns specifically, they might have heard about the Emotional Spectrum, depending on how much of the Pre-52 events with them happened.

Outside of that, solid, intriguing issue--Midnighter's arc about him trying to figure out if he's starting to enjoy the killing he has to do was really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    Can someone please post the pic of Midnighter at the end? It was pretty cool. This Stormwatch is probably the most powerful team in DCU now.
    IMO, Jenny, Martian and Midnighter are a pretty strong core. Especially Jenny when you consider she is only 12 and has not peaked yet at all. Although it makes me think back to WSU and remember just how powerful the 21st Century Babies were in comparison to the 20th Century.

I wonder if Tanner is bringing backup. He lost to Midnigher alone last time and got lucky so interesting to see what he brought this time to level the playing field.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Flint...yes, bcuz of d powerhses of MM & Apollo, Winter...mayb bcuz of Apollobut not King.

U seems 2 4get dat King isnt just a telepath which is wat u r depending on 2 mk ur point bcuz of MM but also a sever advanced telekinetic as well.

BANNED

So was Batman meeting Midnighter, or what exactly was going on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    So was Batman meeting Midnighter, or what exactly was going on there?
    Simulation room.

BANNED

Simulation room.
    Wow, how did I not catch that. I'm looking too forward to a JL clash.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Yes, IMO, he is similar to Pre 52 Deathstroke although more brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Midnighter was basically the equivalent of Deathstroke physically, with the addition of a super powered intellect in that he could predict all possibly opponent moves and attacks before they happened. going by battle board logic he is held in pretty high esteem by certain comic fans.
    Yup. His powers are basically "can`t loose". And this is not a joke.
    Oh ok, i thought he was just a well trained dude. Thanks guys.

Yay, I liked it! I was worried about the new writer, but this is some pretty good stuff. There was some weird stuff going on with some of the figurework though...

Simulation room.
    mmmm... looks like Midnighter is practicing for an encounter with Batman.