Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's one of my favorite titles and is exactly what I want out of a Justice League book. The biggest characters, the biggest artists, tons of fun and big, blockbuster action with character camaraderie. I really like the future storylines Johns has set up (Pandora, Phantom Stranger, Rock of Eternity, Shazam, Earth 2, Apokolips), there is a ton you can do with that. The character lineup and costumes are great and I LOVE Jim Lee's art so just having him doing the book is a huge treat for me. My only complaint would be that I think Superman and Aquaman in particular could get more face time & dialogue, but I'm sure Johns will address them more as the series goes on. It's wildly entertaining and even though I am strongly against double shipping, I agree that the wait kills me and this is often my most anticipated book. It feels like what the Justice League should feel like, DC's biggest book where the most important stuff happens, no question.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

It's had a very slow start. I enjoyed the first three issues a lot though. It's just a shame Johns doesn't seem to "get" half of the team.

This is the type of run that should be judged after 18 months, when I assume the Trinity War begins to shape itself. It's enjoyable for now but it could be better. I won't be hating on it however.
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

Also one thing I will add is that I really enjoyed the "five years ago" thing and hope the book jumps around in the timeline like Action Comics is doing. Aquaman in particular seemed so awesome with his more rugged, sideburns look. But I am looking forward to all the new characters joining / appearing too. So it's win-win on my end. I hope they continue to find top of the line fill-in artists for Jim Lee.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

I'm not afraid to admit it, I love the current Justice League book!!

alright, good to see there's at least a handful of people on this forum who enjoy this awesome book :)

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    alright, good to see there's at least a handful of people on this forum who enjoy this awesome book :)
    There's probably a lot more who just haven't felt like posting about it.

We already know of the vast number of fans who keep this comic at the top each and every month, but probably aren't on these forums.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

Quote Originally Posted by Comet Man View Post

We already know of the vast number of fans who keep this comic at the top each and every month, but probably aren't on these forums.
    That's usually the case for the biggest non-event related comic. I wouldn't call it best but it's everything but boring.

I liked the last issue - it was a lot of fun with good character interaction. The reason why I buy Justice League is that you have all of these iconic characters in one comic and there's the potential of coming up with epic, action-filled stories. I just wish we can have a good epic story arc soon. Also love the art as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    The Avengers movie:

- Managed to juggle 7 main members + Fury + Coulson + Hill successfully. They all got their moment to shine, their character moments, and none of them was 2D or a joke.
    - Managed to fit in so much action on top of all that character work.
    - Make jokes that were actually fun, and which werent on Michael Bay's level.
    - More CGI in an Avengers trailer than the entire GL movie, and yet all of it was stellar.

Now reverse all that and you get Johns' JL. 2D cardboard cutout "characters", stupid action, Michael Bay quality of humor.
    Imagine if DC tried a JL movie, with millions of dollars on the line. We'd probably end up with stupid shit like Speedforce sex.... oh wait, we almost got that!
    Do we not know what an appreciation thread is?

Quote Originally Posted by The Frozen Reptile View Post
    I also like how Batman hates the Justice League International...
    Or pretends to, as otherwise it doesn't jibe with JLI at all...
    Last edited by dupersuper; 05-04-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

BANNED

I'd like the book more if it actually had decent plots or actual characterization. Of course DC hasn't published a decent JL monthly since Morrison left. Why start now? Thankfully I have the JLU on DVD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Frozen Reptile View Post
    This comic is one of the best; I do wish it would go bi-monthly, just because I find a month too long between issues...
    In publishing, bi-monthly is every two months, not twice a month. That would be semi-monthly. Bi-weekly is every two weeks.

Semi-monthly = 24 issues a year.
    Bi-weekly = 26 issues a year.
    Bi-monthly = 6 issues a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Comet Man View Post
    Count me as one of those people. I enjoy this title and I don't see the point of posting about it since it just attracts haters like flies to crap. Haters with the standard "Ugh" comments about how bad the writing is or how they can't believe this is the same writer on Aquaman or how dumb the book is. I say "standard" because they have been saying the same thing since issue 1.

Yes it makes you look cool or hip or whatever when you proclaim you don't like something as "mainstream" as JL, but c'mon. It's been more than a year already. Just read something else for goodness' sake.

It also amuses me to read comments about how "wrong" this book is. That's interesting because this book has at the top of the charts for more than a year now. If there's something wrong with that, don't fix it. Its not that it's "wrong". Its just that you're too sophisticated and intelligent to enjoy it [eyes roll].
    Last edited by beetle_booster; 11-26-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I see nothing.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I see nothing.

better?