Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The Witness' semi-mystical origins and his abilities to ascertain guilt, especially in foreign situations where the outlook may be far from black and white, could make for powerful drama. I'd love to see the personal story more than another "Delta Force" assault team.
    i only mentioned it because Thin Man is currently traveling around murdering war criminals and other people he had judged to be guilty.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

FF purist-snob

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i only mentioned it because Thin Man is currently traveling around murdering war criminals and other people he had judged to be guilty.
    I appreciate the suggestion, but it didn't cover what I was looking at at the time. I did like those issues of Invaders I read though.
    "Cant say it better than CaptCleghorn." - RolandJP

I finished last night after reading the whole series over the last few days. I decided when they started to publish again to wait until I had all the books (I needed to re-read the first 8 issues anyway to remember them).
    It really read great as a whole GN. Some here complained about the big reveal being big enough. It was for me, but that is almost beside the point. I think this was mainly about the characters. About how they adapted to their new world. There were many touching moments and I especially like how the Reporter and the Black Widow (who i thought would have a tragic ending) found each other.
    I don't know if there are plans for more books by JMS, but I would buy a Fire and Shadow series.
    And I can't say enough about Chris Weston's art. the amount of detail he puts into every page, every panel is amazing.
    As someone who is beco0ming more and more disinterested in the main stream super heroes the big two are putting out these days, books like this remind me of why I love the medium.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I finished last night after reading the whole series over the last few days. I decided when they started to publish again to wait until I had all the books (I needed to re-read the first 8 issues anyway to remember them).
    That was probably a good choice. I tried just reading them as they came out based on my memory of the first eight issues, and it really didn't have as much life/heart/drama for me. Among other things, by the final issue (where Weston's art seemed kind of rushed by the way) I didn't even remember who The Witness was. I will give the whole thing another chance reading it from the beginning.

I was a big fan before the lengthy delay. Maybe subconsciously I just lost some of my interest/fondness by the time it came back and wasn't pulled into the world as easily.