Results 1 to 15 of 19

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis,Mn
    Posts
    465

    Default The end of the Twelve *Spoilers*

    The one thing that I really expected,to see come out at the end of the story, was that the mind or soul of the scientist who built and operated electro, somehow had his mind/soul transfered into the robot.It seems that most of the characters original origins were tosed out for new ones.Was it REALLY needed, to have half of capt. wonders face scared and covered in half a mask? With at least three of the twelve dead,one wonders if anything new will now be done with the characters. Still, I'm glad to see this series, at long last, finished!

  2. #2
    Inventor of Velcro DannyWetts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    282

    Default

    I love-love-LOVED The Twelve. So much has been said about the delays, and I'll USUALLY be the first one to abandon a series after a ridiculous delays like The Twelve experienced, but I'm really glad I stuck with this one.

    The art is incredible. I fell in love with the characters, and it's been SO long since I actually felt SOMETHING when a character dies...I love golden age characters, and this is how it should be done.

    I highly recommend it, and hope the characters make a difference in the modern Marvel U.

    ...I really hope they come out with a second hardcover to match the first. It's a good looking book. Spearhead is great, too.
    KIMOTAZAM!!
    (like 'Zing!', only bigger and louder)

  3. #3
    Senior Member Huthaifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,004

    Default

    Yeah, I hope we see these characters in other books soon.

  4. #4
    Elder Member Blade X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,898

    Default

    I also thought that this series was pretty damn good.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J. View Post
    Was it REALLY needed, to have half of capt. wonders face scared and covered in half a mask?
    Well, he doesn't wear pants, so they figured some part of him should be covered up.

  6. #6
    Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ???????
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    so The Phantom Reporter is now The Fiery Reporter?

  7. #7
    ich liebe Leni stelok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Philippines
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    It was a somewhat satisfying conclusion to the series.

    But they still have yet to meet with the mainstream superheroes,
    A N I M E

  8. #8
    NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Londinium, Britannia
    Posts
    6,382

    Default

    Loved this! I thought that it was a really satisfying ending to the series, although it's funny that the villain of the piece turned out to be exactly who I thought it would be pretty much all along. As the series neared its end, I was sure Straczynski was gonna throw us a curve ball and reveal that it was Master Mind Excello or something.

    Like somebody said above, I also expected the consciousness of the professor who designed Electro to show up again, buried deep within the robot's circuits. But the fact that it was Dynamic Man's consciousness that reached out to Electro is fine with me.

    Also, I love, love, loved the ambiguity of Rockman's fate. That was a brilliant touch!

    Like others, I'd like to see the surviving characters re-appear in the Marvel Universe, especially The Firey Reporter and Black Widow, although I assumed from reading issue #12 that they're now called Fire and Shadow (???). Changing Claire Voyant's hero name like that would certainly make sense, since there's already two other Black Widows running around in the MU.

    By the way, did anyone spot the cameo of Michael J. Straczynski and Chris Weston towards the end of issue #12? They were both standing near a newspaper vendor's stand, reading a copy of the Daily Bugle
    Last edited by The Confessor; 04-30-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    MY PULL LIST
    Astro City Kick-Ass 3 Star Wars: Dark Times Superior Spider-Man

  9. #9
    Former Lurker Old Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Like others, I'd like to see the surviving characters re-appear in the Marvel Universe, especially The Firey Reporter and Black Widow, although I assumed from reading issue #12 that they're now called Fire and Shadow (???). Changing Claire Voyant's hero name like that would certainly make sense, since there's already two other Black Widows running around in the MU.
    Bah. She was the first and best Black Widow.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J. View Post
    The one thing that I really expected,to see come out at the end of the story, was that the mind or soul of the scientist who built and operated electro, somehow had his mind/soul transfered into the robot.It seems that most of the characters original origins were tosed out for new ones.
    Ditto.

    I had also figured that Blue Blade was killed because he figured out that Prof. Zog was in the robot. I wasn't quite sure he had done the other killings.

    It is also interesting that Dynamite used the other Dynamic Man in their Project: Superheroes series and also made him a bad guy.

    I knew that Dynamic Man was artificial. I just figured he was more of an organic android then a mechanical one.

    I did feel that some characters really weren't used. The Witness wasn't really used. I thought Fiery Mask was wasted potential.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Hatut Zeraze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    I sort of had hopes of seeing these guys again later, but now I am not so sure I care. I was enamored of the cool, street-level pulp feel of the Phantom Reporter. Now that he has actual powers, he is much less interesting.

  12. #12
    FF purist-snob
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    I sort of had hopes of seeing these guys again later, but now I am not so sure I care. I was enamored of the cool, street-level pulp feel of the Phantom Reporter. Now that he has actual powers, he is much less interesting.
    Yeah, the idea of a non-powered journalist amidst super-powered individuals was different. This ending reminded me too much of how Silk Spectre and Nite Owl ended up in Watchmen.

    But the one story I'd lie to see followed up is the Witness. A world traveling judge, jury and executioner guided by Nick Fury to ascertain the guilt of suspects? That's a story idea I want to see.

    That and maybe the Phantom Reporter, Black Widow's date with Mastermind's assistant.
    "Cant say it better than CaptCleghorn." - RolandJP

  13. #13
    Senior Member jsf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Yeah, the idea of a non-powered journalist amidst super-powered individuals was different. This ending reminded me too much of how Silk Spectre and Nite Owl ended up in Watchmen.

    But the one story I'd lie to see followed up is the Witness. A world traveling judge, jury and executioner guided by Nick Fury to ascertain the guilt of suspects? That's a story idea I want to see.

    That and maybe the Phantom Reporter, Black Widow's date with Mastermind's assistant.
    Would definitely like to see more of the Witness. Perhaps in the Winter Soldier at some point?

    Rather indifferent to the PhantomFiery Reporter now. His humanity was what made him interesting, especially as a foil for Widow. But now, I dunno ... he's the dude with fire powers hanging with the woman with the death touch. You could almost anticipate a Cloak & Dagger team up at some point.

  14. #14
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Yeah, the idea of a non-powered journalist amidst super-powered individuals was different. This ending reminded me too much of how Silk Spectre and Nite Owl ended up in Watchmen.

    But the one story I'd lie to see followed up is the Witness. A world traveling judge, jury and executioner guided by Nick Fury to ascertain the guilt of suspects? That's a story idea I want to see..
    he could just join Thin Man in a new V-Batallion/Invaders/Scourge group
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  15. #15
    FF purist-snob
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    he could just join Thin Man in a new V-Batallion/Invaders/Scourge group
    The Witness' semi-mystical origins and his abilities to ascertain guilt, especially in foreign situations where the outlook may be far from black and white, could make for powerful drama. I'd love to see the personal story more than another "Delta Force" assault team.
    "Cant say it better than CaptCleghorn." - RolandJP

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •