Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Meh.

They had a fantastic idea with relaunching everything, unfortunately the execution has been less than stellar. DOn't get me wrong, there are some gems out there, but overall, I'm disappointed with how DC has fumbled the ball on this.

I was really excited about the New 52 and it played no small part in helping me dive back into comic books.

I'm still very excited about the medium but I dropped all my New 52 books.

Apart from some adjustments that I've made along the way (dropped some series and picked up a few unexpected ones), Id say my interest and excitement has been pretty steady. Given that I usually just cared for only two or three DC characters before, and since the relaunch I'm pulling more than ten of their books is quite a feat from my POV.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

I'd say I'm not as excited, but part of that is the natural culling of titles that I had high hopes for and didn't pan out. On the other hand, I'm still buying and enjoying more of the new 52 than I was of the titles pre-relaunch, so that's still a positive for DC. Prior to the relaunch, I was pretty much down to just Legion and Adventure Comics. While I find some of the rebooted heroes interesting, I'm finding myself drawn towards the titles that are less superhero, such as Demon Knights and I, Vampire. I hope DC will continue to show a commitment towards diversity in its genres and not just cull and replace with more Batman and Justice League books.

Master of Narrative kelly_warrior_princess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vicvega View Post
    Simple question as stated above: How hyped are you? Are you still hyped?
    Not hyped at all. I can no longer stand the universe, as its to gritty & trying for realism in a genre where realism has no place. I ended up swapping over to older wildstorm stuff. wow, i can imagine what me two years ago would have said if i told him that "i'm going to swap DC for Wildstorm, because Wildstorm is less dark & 1990-ish." Oh the irony.

Well I've ordered a ton of trades so I guess I'm still hyped.

Was mildly interested in at least giving part of it a chance at first (though with a fair number of questions). Was pleased to see Mister Terrific and Static getting their own books, plus Morrison on Superman.

Now? Just down to "Action." Not thrilled about the DCNU... basically everything I disliked about the old DCU's direction/tone (the shock-value violence, etc) mixed with a bunch of bad 90s-style comic cliches. Pass. Reading more Marvel nowadays (and Archie/independents), plus DC back-issues (and look forward to "Superman Family Adventures").
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog
    Twitter

I was overhyped; now I'm underwhelmed. My excitement was at a 10/10, now it's at a 0/10.

But I am buying and enjoying more DC comics than I was before. And some of them I really love. Batman, JL Dark, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash, Dial H are all great. And Justice League, though I enjoy it less than any of the ones I mentioned, is my most anticipated comic each month, I guess because it's always been my favorite comic and because I keep hoping it will get better (#9 was a great leap forward). I also enjoyed Worlds' Finest and didn't hate E-2 as much as I thought I'd hate a modern Robinson-written comic. I'm sure I'm leaving out a few others that I'm liking a lot or loving.

But hyped? No. It's usually Thursday or Friday before I even remember there are new comics out. When I was hyped I was at my LCS when they hit the shelves. I'm actually more excited to see what's new on Bleeding Cool than I am by what's new from DC.

Before the New 52, I was reading Batman and Robin, now I am reading 4 titles - Batman, Nightwing, Batman and Robin, and recently added Dial H. I also tried Detective at Launch but dropped it after the first arc. Picked up Inc #1 but not sure if I will continue with it, as I just didn't like the issue.

Even though I am behind (#4 for a lot of what I was reading), I'm still enjoying the New 52. The New 52 and same day digital brought me back into comics. I guess that's what I love about digital, I can get caught up pretty quickly (from my reclining chair), especially with back issues being cheaper.

I don't think I could ever be as hyped as I was for last September, but I am still buying more DC books than pre-relaunch. Moreover, I have dropped Marvel completely now and I only buy DC. So from that point of view the relaunch has been hugely successful for me personally and I still very much look forward to all the books on my pull-list.

I was excited initially, but now it has definitely died down. I don't hate the new 52, I just feel indifference now. My pull list is smaller than it was in September. It only increases if there is a new title I'm interested in or a creative team switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Roldan View Post
    I think a better question would be "How big is your DC pull compared to last year". If so then mine is about 3 times as a big. Does that say anything?
    I think this says a lot, and would be representative of a lot of people. Its certainly true for me, my DC pull-list is about double now.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Arkham View Post
    I think this says a lot, and would be representative of a lot of people. Its certainly true for me, my DC pull-list is about double now.
    Honestly, I'm having a hard time buying all the DC titles I want. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Neal View Post
    Honestly, I'm having a hard time buying all the DC titles I want. :)
    Same here. When the relaunch started, I tried it all out knowing I was going to cut down my list. But 9 months later, some books I loved are cancelled only to be replaced with a set of new books that I am all in as well. And I have been having a hard time cutting down my list, I long ago dropped off books I just didn't like, now I'm at the point where I'm buying SO much that I might have to cut down books I enjoy. Iredeemable ending, and the Boys soon after, will help out a little!

So am I as hyped? No, of course not. Am I enjoying DC more now than I was a year ago? Big loud yes to that question.