Default What's the new 52 Superman's connection to the Legion, if any?

I'm just wondering. I didn't get the early issues of Legion Lost, so I don't know if they addressed it ("We should talk to Superman! He was in the Legion when he was younger!" "We should avoid this 'Superman' person, because even if he was our inspiration, we've never met till now!" etc.) there or elsewhere. Help?

The original three first visit Clark as a boy and take him to the future just like the classic tales. What he does there hasn't been shown yet, though.

BANNED

It's the same connection as usual. He teams up with the Legion in Action Comics #5 and 6.

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3589712.html#cutid1 Here's some snippts of Clark's memories of that day.

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Kind of sad that they think he's pathetic at first, they're from the future, they would have known he'd become great.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frozen Reptile View Post
    Kind of sad that they think he's pathetic at first, they're from the future, they would have known he'd become great.
    It's no different than how we might feel meeting heroes of the distant past.

At least he meets the Legion in the past, unlike in Byrne's run (I know, I know I like Byrne's run it was just one of the few things I didn't like about it)
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Infâme et fier de l'être Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frozen Reptile View Post
    That's the reason. Because of his reputation, they believed him to be some kind of Superjesus, and what they met was a 12 year old kid playing with his cape and who is probably barbaric by their standards (the same way a kid from Middle Age would seem incredibly uncivilised by our standards). No wonder they are disapointed. Their expectations were completely unrealistic.
    However, it is obvious by the way they treat him that Superman grew up to be exactly what they believed him to be: the World's Greatest Hero.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

So does this mean he joined them as some kind of Superboy on various LSH adventures? What with the whole business of restoring Superboy's place in the Legion after Infinite Crisis, and keeping the Levitz Legion in the New 52, it would be a shame to lose all that again...

BANNED

The only difference is that he doesn't actually go by the name "Superboy" but he more or less is, kind of like in Smallville.

Ah, I see... thank you. I've read those issues of Action but somehow was still confused. (Really wish we'd had something like the History of the DCU for the new 52, though I'm sure the Year One (?) zero issues will make some things clearer...)

Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    The only difference is that he doesn't actually go by the name "Superboy" but he more or less is, kind of like in Smallville.
    I haven't been following the Legion books regularly since the reboot, but from what I've read and seen,it hasn't been completely clarified whether or not Clark may have operated as Superboy in the 31st century . We know that he never really operated as SUPERBOY in Smallville (although that also is too kinda vague), but it's possible that he still had his Superboy adventures with the Legion, and much like Pre-FLASHPOINT, he had those memories subverted or erased each time by Brainiac 5 or Saturn Girl when he returned to the present. It seems that is the case in ACTION #6, as Superman didn't remember meeting the LEGION before until they refreshed those memories. This is similar to the opening of Geoff Johns Legion arc a few years ago in ACTION COMICS. It's entirely possible he wore a Superboy costume (either the classic tights or a version of the armor) in the 31st century only.

As an aside, this may also explain why in ACTION #7, when Clark put on the Armored suit on the Collector's ship, it immediately changed to it's proper red yellow and blue color scheme. His subconscious may have "remembered" his Superboy costume and altered itself to match that.