Question Help Identifying Conan artist

Hello, long time lurker first time poster.

I finally created an id b/c I need the help of the forum (I know that's bad form... apologies).

Does anyone recognize this artist/what issue this is from? It appears to be on Marvel UK stock, the title section says 'Savage Sword of Conan' and the issue # has 1000 - which I don't think makes any sense. Inside the 'frame' on he left side is has "BAM Aug 19" and the right side is says "BOS 1994". Could that be the initials of the artist and inker? Just a guess... The art is very detailed - I really like it. The 'frame' must have taken quite a bit of time by itself...

When I was younger I was an avid comic collector (worked in a comic store from 15-18) and I've started to pull out some of my old sketches and get them framed... which of course led to me buying a crap load of more recent art. It's a sickness.

Thanks for your help and sorry that my first post is asking for help.

-simply2fly

If you want some superb Conan art, look up the Roy Thomas/John Buscema run.

X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Thanks Talisman, I'll check that out. Do you recognize the art above?

I think there's a chance it's by Bambos Georgiou, given the "BAM" and "BOS". I'm not familiar with his drawing, I only remembered the name Bambos from when he inked Knights of Pendragon. He's your most likely bet, I think. Unless someone can think of someone better.

Panic - I think you may have nailed it. He's a UK artist so that would make sense!!

Thanks so much for your reply.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I think there's a chance it's by Bambos Georgiou, given the "BAM" and "BOS". I'm not familiar with his drawing, I only remembered the name Bambos from when he inked Knights of Pendragon. He's your most likely bet, I think. Unless someone can think of someone better.
    Hey Panic - just wanted to let you know that I was able to contact Bambos and he confirmed that he was the artist on this piece.

Thanks again, I humbly bow to your knowledge!