Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Black Hearted Hero of Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the Dagman View Post
    She has, of course, taken the form of a Light Brigade member and helped Johnny take over the NZ without him knowing it was her the whole time. And it is not "ex girlfriend", it is "ex-WIFE".

btw... j/k
    Tru fax most of the women Johhny has been romantically involved with were just Lija in disguise, Johhny's not really "a player" he's very monogamous it's just he didn't know it.

Yes even that time with the 3 super models all of them were Lija

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Shadows View Post
    Tru fax most of the women Johhny has been romantically involved with were just Lija in disguise, Johhny's not really "a player" he's very monogamous it's just he didn't know it.

Yes even that time with the 3 super models all of them were Lija
    I approve of this shocking reveal.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

So, anyone want to rename this as the "Lyja Appreciation/Whatever Happened to Her" thread? Seems she's got her fans.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    So, anyone want to rename this as the "Lyja Appreciation/Whatever Happened to Her" thread? Seems she's got her fans.
    It's funny. I always liked Lyja as a character but hated the fact of the Alicia/Johnny retcon. I mean, they had been married for years at that point and although there was no internet, so I can't be sure, I didn't really get the sense that fans were clamoring for the Thing to get back together with Alicia. It seemed like a sensible progression for all three characters.

Ironically, after the retcon, Alicia was basically thrown into limbo for years.

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

I'm thinking of a fanfic where she is offered the chance to be completely transformed into a human with no Skrull trace whatsoever by a mysterious entity (No, not Mephisto!) so that she can take one last chance to be reunited with Johnny.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

I'm thinking of a fanfic where she is offered the chance to be completely transformed into a human with no Skrull trace whatsoever by a mysterious entity (No, not Mephisto!) so that she can take one last chance to be reunited with Johnny.
    Making her human causes her to become boring. Her being a skrull makes her more interesting because she becomes sort of the unique skrull, a skrull that doesn't really follow the typical skrull character/behavior (yes she still has/does use deception a lot, like the skrulls tend to do). Even she has admitted this in a way when she said something about her having a human soul (of course not literal, but metaphorically speaking) in a skrull body in an issue.

Also making her human to be with johnny emphasizes that what she is, should be more important in there relationship then who she is. But i prefer "It doesn't matter what i am, but who i am".

Also since skrulls have been a long time enemy of the FF and all of mankind, its interesting to have a member of the enemy race be on the "good guys" side. We don't get that many good skrulls, so that's another reason why Lyja should remain a skrull.
    Last edited by DCfan101; 04-30-2012 at 09:38 PM.

I always liked Lyja. I also really liked Ms Marvel II/Sharon Ventura. Too bad those cool characters seem to be in limbo. I like them more than Alyssa OR Alicia.
    "If God is the answer, the wrong question has been asked."

Quote Originally Posted by mrrightnow View Post
    I always liked Lyja. I also really liked Ms Marvel II/Sharon Ventura. Too bad those cool characters seem to be in limbo. I like them more than Alyssa OR Alicia.
    I was checking the marvel wiki and it looks like Sharon and Lyja's latest appearance was back in 2009. Perhaps a future fantastic 4 issue where they both appear can happen, killing 2 birds with 1 stone....so to speak.

Poor hacked Diamond Lil. Nevets F's Avatar

I love love love Lyja. Also really fond of Ms. Marvel II. I hope once Hickman's boring stories are over, some writer will come in and bring them in for a story.
    Read about the greatest series ever, Alpha Flight...from the beginning!

Quote Originally Posted by DCfan101 View Post
    I was checking the marvel wiki and it looks like Sharon and Lyja's latest appearance was back in 2009. Perhaps a future fantastic 4 issue where they both appear can happen, killing 2 birds with 1 stone....so to speak.
    In a way they were both involved in Secret Invasion at that time.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Most of my fondness for Lyja was that she put an end to the dreadful Johnny/Alicia pairing.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Most of my fondness for Lyja was that she put an end to the dreadful Johnny/Alicia pairing.
    So why do you not like the idea of Johnny pairing up with the real Alicia? Just curious.

The Black Hearted Hero of Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCfan101 View Post
    So why do you not like the idea of Johnny pairing up with the real Alicia? Just curious.
    Sorry if I can but in reading that arc after knowing how it will turn out IMHO I liked the Johnny/Alicia romance it was a nice "Johnny is becoming more mature" char development but the FF are a comic book and another road to maturing is being given a bad hand by the universe, i.e. your lover is a spy everything you thought you knew was a lie and good luck with romancing a girl from a different planet, and maturing through dealing with set hand.

And well Alicia having been the real one created plot hooks for tensions between Thing and Johnny but Lija could potentially offer more plot hooks, I know the retcon must have hurt at the time but looking back I think they took the option which could lead to more stories, for example the SI FF issues it was clear Marvel the FF out of the way so the other heroes could have a crack at the Skrulls so they still would have gone with sending them to the NZ but IMHO the story really was better for having Lyja be the skrull agent rather than yet another SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Shadows View Post
    Sorry if I can but in reading that arc after knowing how it will turn out IMHO I liked the Johnny/Alicia romance it was a nice "Johnny is becoming more mature" char development but the FF are a comic book and another road to maturing is being given a bad hand by the universe, i.e. your lover is a spy everything you thought you knew was a lie and good luck with romancing a girl from a different planet, and maturing through dealing with set hand.

And well Alicia having been the real one created plot hooks for tensions between Thing and Johnny but Lija could potentially offer more plot hooks, I know the retcon must have hurt at the time but looking back I think they took the option which could lead to more stories, for example the SI FF issues it was clear Marvel the FF out of the way so the other heroes could have a crack at the Skrulls so they still would have gone with sending them to the NZ but IMHO the story really was better for having Lyja be the skrull agent rather than yet another SS.
    I do agree with you that lyja can offer more plot hooks, and i think so because of her nature.

And what does SS mean? Shape shifter? Super Skrull? Do you mean that it was better for the imposter to be a skrull, instead of some other type of shape shifting creature?
    Last edited by DCfan101; 05-03-2012 at 05:16 PM.

So i was watching the episode "secret invasion" (they released them earlier in Australia) of AEMH and....

SPOILERS

Though the skrull wasn't Lyja, the writers still had her play Llyja's part in the comic book version of secret invasion, that is of course the impersonation of Susan Storm which leads to her teleporting the FF building to that other dimension.