Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would Scarlet Spider fans be interested if Mavel created a Scarlet Spider 2099 comic?

Like the title says, would any of you guys be interested in such a pitched idea?

Well, given as I wasn't interested in Spider-Man 2099, I really don't think I'd be interested in his spinoff.

I'd rather they just bring back Spider-Man 2099. Hell, Marvel even still have Peter David on hand to help out.

I would, but it'll never happen.
    Comics are more better.

Probably not. It would be a spinoff of a spinoff.

And it's not clear what the premise of the title would be. Does it follow a clone of Miguel O'Hara? Does it follow Kaine as a really old man? Is it somehow about Ben Reilly?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Is it somehow about Ben Reilly?
    It's always about Ben Reilly.

On a serious note, I'd love to see SM2099 revisited in just about any fashion as long as Peter David's involved. Especially with Spidey's 50th coming up!
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post

On a serious note, I'd love to see SM2099 revisited in just about any fashion as long as Peter David's involved. Especially with Spidey's 50th coming up!
    This for me.
    myspace.com/artofsimplicity

I am an anarchist. Deal with it.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-the-beginning

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Just so long as they came at the concept of a clone differently. It is the far future, after all. Maybe memory-cloning, and you got a bunch of kids taking turns taking Miguel's memories as the 2099 Spider-Man out on individual joyrides, but the more they do it the deeper they get into the persona.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

BANNED

Considering Spider-Man 2099 has played a major role in the last two video games I'm surprised they haven't done more with him.

Scarlet Spider 2099 could be another clone with Ben Reilly's memories which could be a way of bringing him back.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Damn right!

On a serious note, I'd love to see SM2099 revisited in just about any fashion as long as Peter David's involved.
    As would I, David. As would I.
    I once asked Peter David if, given the opportunity, he would return to writing Spider-Man 2099.
    His response was very positive so I'm still holding out hope that it may happen somewhere down the line.
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don't pee in the (Dead)pool View Post
    Damn right!

As would I, David. As would I.
    I once asked Peter David if, given the opportunity, he would return to writing Spider-Man 2099.
    His response was very positive so I'm still holding out hope that it may happen somewhere down the line.
    It's pretty clear that he's still willing to do Spider-Man 2099 again, seeing as how he was the writer for Edge of Time, the game that teamed up the S-Man (that's what you call Spider-Man 2099) with our time's Spidey to save the timeline from being completely corrupted by Peter Parker's literally untimely death. The only problem is getting whoever's in charge of these things at Marvel to greenlight the project, regardless of the resurgence in popularity from Beenox's Spider-Man games and his costume being used as an alternate skin in previous Spider-Man games. Not to mention that the last time they did anything 2099, it was a reinterpretation that didn't sit well with a lot of fans . . . or with readers in general . . . so Marvel might be a bit more leery of having a second go even with the original writer and co-creator of Spider-Man 2099 raring to go.
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

It depends on the pitch.

I had a idea for a story where pete goes to the future and meets his grown up son benjy only to realize Benjy's a ex-con. Pete tries to reform him and at the end he's scarlet spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin Spider View Post
    Not to mention that the last time they did anything 2099, it was a reinterpretation that didn't sit well with a lot of fans . . . or with readers in general . . . so Marvel might be a bit more leery of having a second go even with the original writer and co-creator of Spider-Man 2099 raring to go.
    Let's be honest, the reason it didn't sit well with fans (and readers in general) is because it was shit. I can't even remember the name of the writer of Timescape 2099 but he was most certainly not up to the task.
    In my opinion there is only one man who can resurrect Spider-Man 2099 and his name is Peter David. Whether or not it would be successful is anybody's guess; but I'd definitely be willing to wager that the result would be better than Timescape 2099.
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don't pee in the (Dead)pool View Post
    Let's be honest, the reason it didn't sit well with fans (and readers in general) is because it was shit. I can't even remember the name of the writer of Timescape 2099 but he was most certainly not up to the task.
    In my opinion there is only one man who can resurrect Spider-Man 2099 and his name is Peter David. Whether or not it would be successful is anybody's guess; but I'd definitely be willing to wager that the result would be better than Timescape 2099.
    They could at least test the waters with a Peter David one-shot. It's not like the concept needs tweaking, either. If anything, a lot of the ideas feel more relevant than they did in the late 90s.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

They would definitely need to tweak it. Unless we want to say that today is more futuristic than their Shadowrun future.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus