Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    I really don't care about what Alonso thinks, I'm a fan and I would like an explanation to solve the paradox situation that we currently have in the continuity told in an official story. The customer is always right...isn't that how the saying goes? Fans are customers of Marvel Comics and I think we fans should get what we want because we are right.

Baby May wasn't dead...I will never accept that. Osborn wouldn't have bothered to kidnap a dead baby he would've simply have thrown the body of baby May in the trash and been done with it.

Just because aunt May was found instead of baby May doesn't mean she wasn't alive somewhere else. But, since OMD wiped not only the marriage, but baby May from existence as well I guess it really doesn't matter as far as continunity goes, but I'd still like an explanation about how certain things happened without the existence of baby May.
    The obvious counterargument is that fans will disagree. While you may want an explanation of the paradox, many readers wouldn't appreciate it if the title goes on a detour to explain something that wasn't a concern for them.

It is also the job of the professionals to know more than the fans about what should happen in a title.

As for Baby May, Osborn would probably still have an interest in what could be learned from an autopsy.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

I think Marvel cares about the integrity of its continuity, if history is any kind of teacher. Compared to the other company, even Marvel's many deviations are simply inconsequential. So fixing some of their biggest most heinous retcons, such as OMD, would seem to be in line with the Marvel way.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

BANNED

Maybe Marvel intends to do an entire reboot of the marvel Universe at the end of AvX just like DC did.

Maybe that's the big thing that's going to happen in Amazing Spider-Man #700.

AvX is going to end around issue #700.

AvX ends a couple months before ASM 700. It doesn't match up.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    AvX ends a couple months before ASM 700. It doesn't match up.

I still think that Peter is going to give up being Spider-Man though. Going by O.M.I.T. it's the only way Peter and Mary Jane are going to end up back together.

I think that's what Dan Slott meant by we'll get what we want, but not the way we want it.

Someone else will take over the mantle of Spider-Man and then Peter and Mary Jane will become supporting cast members to the new Spider-Man.

I think that would fit the seismic change that Marvel has been hinting at.
    Last edited by Spider-Dragon; 04-30-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    In the latest Axel-in-Charge column, Axel Alonso gives his thoughts on continuity "fixes." I thought it was worth sharing, as the topic comes often enough here. Plus, he uses an example from Spider-Man's history.
    honestly, the spider-totem stuff felt like magic gypsy off screen to me

Baby May wasn't dead...I will never accept that. Osborn wouldn't have bothered to kidnap a dead baby he would've simply have thrown the body of baby May in the trash and been done with it.

Just because aunt May was found instead of baby May doesn't mean she wasn't alive somewhere else. But, since OMD wiped not only the marriage, but baby May from existence as well I guess it really doesn't matter as far as continunity goes, but I'd still like an explanation about how certain things happened without the existence of baby May.
    MJ telling us that she felt the baby die insider her and the reveal that aunt may was on the boat confirms Baby May is dead in the 616.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    MJ telling us that she felt the baby die insider her and the reveal that aunt may was on the boat confirms Baby May is dead in the 616.

Then where's the body?

No body, no confirmed death.

But, due to OMD baby May no longer exists alive or not so it really doesn't matter anymore, but still...no body, no confirmed death.

So, as far as I'm concerned OMD erased a living baby May from existence.

So...unless you have a comic page showing the dead body of baby May I'm going to continue to believe that she wasn't dead.
    Last edited by Spider-Dragon; 04-30-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Baby May should have been kept alive imo. Have the FF become less cool since Reed and Sue had kids?

On topic, I wonder if there is ever gonna be an explanation on how Carnage regained his weakness to sonics.
    Arguably, yes. At one point, they were the hottest thing Marvel had going. Then, they weren't.

Granted, that having happened before Franklin came along.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Then where's the body?

Because no one wants to see a mason jar with a dead fetus in it on Norman's fireplace mantle.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Because no one wants to see a mason jar with a dead fetus in it on Norman's fireplace mantle.

It doesn't matter what people don't want to see. If Marvel wants to go the route of saying that baby May died then they should've shown her body, otherwise she isn't confirmed to be dead.

Every comicbook death that has ever happened without a body being seen has always turned out to be revealed that the character never died to begin with.

Two examples come to mind...

Elektra and Domino.

Red She-Hulk claimed to have killed both of them off panel and there were no bodies shown to prove that she killed them, and it was later revealed that she never killed them to begin with.

I want to see a comic page showing the dead body of baby May, and until I do I will never accept that she died, and as a result from my perspective OMD erased a living baby May from existence.

So, unless someone can provide the evidence I stated I suggest we just say that I won this debate and leave it at that.
    Last edited by Spider-Dragon; 05-01-2012 at 04:11 AM.

Then where's the body?

Its not on me to show you the body, you are the one claiming that the baby could have still been alive. Its on you to back that up.

ASM #441 has mj confirm it died inside her and was thus stillborn. Thats all I need to move on. Could they bring her back if they wanted to... sure.... its a comic: "No body, no confirmed death" is meaningless because we have heroes where we had the confirmed body and they still come back.

If you want to say she didnt die and have me believe it as a fact, show me proof, not possibilities. Anything is possible in a comic... deaths rarely stick even with a body.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Its not on me to show you the body, you are the one claiming that the baby could have still been alive. Its on you to back that up.

ASM #441 has mj confirm it died inside her and was thus stillborn. Thats all I need to move on. Could they bring her back if they wanted to... sure.... its a comic: "No body, no confirmed death" is meaningless because we have heroes where we had the confirmed body and they still come back.

If you want to say she didnt die and have me believe it as a fact, show me proof, not possibilities. Anything is possible in a comic... deaths rarely stick even with a body.
    ShaggyB! You are back! I thought you'd abandon this board for the DC board, leaving us with METS

In all seriousness, what's up with MJ's horribly demented,mangled face on the top right panel?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

It doesn't matter what people don't want to see. If Marvel wants to go the route of saying that baby May died then they should've shown her body, otherwise she isn't confirmed to be dead.

Every comicbook death that has ever happened without a body being seen has always turned out to be revealed that the character never died to begin with.

Two examples come to mind...

Elektra and Domino.

Red She-Hulk claimed to have killed both of them off panel and there were no bodies shown to prove that she killed them, and it was later revealed that she never killed them to begin with.

I want to see a comic page showing the dead body of baby May, and until I do I will never accept that she died, and as a result from my perspective OMD erased a living baby May from existence.

So, unless someone can provide the evidence I stated I suggest we just say that I won this debate and leave it at that.
    I'm sorry that you want to see dead babies.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    ShaggyB! You are back! I thought you'd abandon this board for the DC board, leaving us with METS

In all seriousness, what's up with MJ's horribly demented,mangled face on the top right panel?
    lol nah, id never leave.... just been a bit silent recently. Staying busy.

And yeah i know, worst art ever and its just that one frame.