Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    I would say it's more like personal time is time spent not concentrating on the mission.
    Well there was that time he shagged Elektra. Even Frank couldn't say no to that.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin9977 View Post
    Always liked her. Might have to pick up this arc.
    I honestly wouldn't recommend it. When I say better, I don't mean good. Some nice potential setpieces but Fractions character work on the series was terrible as regards Frank imo. Remender co-writing on that arc improved the quality but still not great.
    Last edited by Candid Rook; 04-28-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Well there was that time he shagged Elektra. Even Frank couldn't say no to that.
    He did?! why? what story was that?

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    He did?! why? what story was that?
    Garth Ennis' Marvel Knights Punisher run. Number 27 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sparky View Post
    You are correct, sir! <<Link>>

LOL! she was actually called Lady Punisher. That's nice, but she should have black hair.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    She's still grieving her dead husband, and Frank is Frank.

I'd say no.
    Completely agree with this, definitely no. They won't wind up together given Frank's tunnel vision. If anything, I see Rachel listening to DD more and perhaps switching sides to become his protege. Matt seems to have some luck with reaching her.

I don't know, I felt the OE had less to do with Frank than DD and Spidey, which is fine, it just didn't blow me away as I hoped it would. Taking the Punishing element away from the Punisher was interesting for about an issue, but it really made Frank no different than Spidey and DD.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Anyone else think Punisherette (as dubbed by Spidey ) and Punisher are kindred spirits and would make a good couple?
    No, because 1) they're only kindred spirits because they're badasses who lost their families, 2) Frank is a psychopath and doesn't need wicked wiles screwing him up and 3) Alves doesn't share the Punisher's goals, shes out for personal revenge while Frank is systematically killing criminals of all breeds.

Greg Rucka's take on Frank Castle and Rachel Cole-Alves is pretty clearly laid out in the 3 part pre Omega effect interview and the IGN Punisher #10 interview below.

Pre Omega Effect Part 1
    Pre Omega Effect Part 2
    Pre Omega Effect Part 3
    Punisher #10 Interview
    Last edited by Candid Rook; 04-28-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin9977 View Post
    Frank doesn't want to get emotionally attach to other people so he doesn't experience another repeat with his wife.
    I tend to agree, but historically speaking, he's gotten attached before. There was a woman, I forget her name, who joined him one time when he went all out to kill the Kingpin. She was killed and he had Kingpin dead to rights, but Microchip convinced him that he'd only make things worse if he took out Fisk. Anyone else remember this? One of the few Punisher solo comics I ever read.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I tend to agree, but historically speaking, he's gotten attached before. There was a woman, I forget her name, who joined him one time when he went all out to kill the Kingpin. She was killed and he had Kingpin dead to rights, but Microchip convinced him that he'd only make things worse if he took out Fisk. Anyone else remember this? One of the few Punisher solo comics I ever read.
    I never read that one, but he did get pretty attached to Kathryn O'Brien in the MAX continuity. Of course, he said himself that he tries to kill happy memories like that.

Poor Punisher. no one wants to see him happy? To find someone to love again, get married and have kids? Punisher MAX gave him such a grim fate.

Poor Punisher. no one wants to see him happy? To find someone to love again, get married and have kids? Punisher MAX gave him such a grim fate.
    Hell no. The Punisher should never get a happy ending.

Frank Castlse died with his family in thatpark.
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Frank Castlse died with his family in thatpark.
    ...oh man...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Frank only has three endings.
    Cops take him down ( like they did in DR)
    He dies from his wounds ( like in Max)
    or he shoots himself ( like he did when they tried to make him a spirit of vengenge when Kights started)
    Cyclops ad portas