Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    How is that an estimated guess if it's based on nothing? We have no idea if Tim is Robin III or II. And even if he was III, Jason could have lasted six months for all we know.
    It's not based on nothing. My estimated guess is taking in the account of Batman training a Robin (unless you expect Batman to pick up a kid and immediately throw him into a Robin costume?) along how long he was Robin, plus a Robinless period all of which takes time. Now while five years is plenty of time for two new Robins there is this one little factor which most people are ignoring: Dick's age.

You see Dick was thirteen when the first season started so that means he's either thirteen or fourteen when the first season ended. Now Dick becoming Nightwing has always been a coming of age story so the perfect age for him to become Nightwing is around the age of 18, see the problem I'm having? Dick is 18 or barely 19 in the second season. Even if you lower the age of Dick becoming Nightwing to 17 years old there is still not enough time for two new Robins, unless you lower it even more to the age of fourteen, but that is rather ridiculous and way too young.

And yes I actually thought this one through. I wish others, especially from someone called Mr. Holmes, would do the same.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zomg View Post
    It's not based on nothing. My estimated guess is taking in the account of Batman training a Robin (unless you expect Batman to pick up a kid and immediately throw him into a Robin costume?) along how long he was Robin, plus a Robinless period all of which takes time. Now while five years is plenty of time for two new Robins there is this one little factor which most people are ignoring: Dick's age.
    I haven't seen any medium where Robin is trained for an extended period of time before going active. It usually takes up just one story arc. Dick was 13 when he was Robin and now he is 18. There isn't really anything to assume that he didn't become Nightwing just last year. So yeah, I would still say your assumptions are based on nothing.

And yes I actually thought this one through. I wish others, especially from someone called Mr. Holmes, would do the same.
    Ignoring your snark, I don't deny that you're putting thought into it. I'm saying that you're making a lot of assumptions and going off more information than what exists.
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 04-29-2012 at 10:26 AM.

It always seemed like the various Robins received their training on the job as it were rather than having to spend anytime being training before hand.

Sorry about the snark I just couldn't resist. ;)
    I haven't seen any medium where Robin is trained for an extended period of time before going active.
    It happened in the gauntlet.

I don't think you can tell how long he was training before that, I just reread it t see and there is no frame of reference for his training.

BANNED

Looked,good enjoyed the show

Quote Originally Posted by zomg View Post
    Sorry about the snark I just couldn't resist. ;)
    It happened in the gauntlet.
    The Gauntlet, Dark Victory, Robin: Year One and All-Star Bats do seem to imply there's a training period for Dick that's a couple months long (while also explaining "Jesus, this kid is an ass-kicking wunderkind")

I recall Jason Todd pre-Crisis was already adopted by and living with Batman for MONTHS before actually donning the Robin costume.

And Tim Drake debuted in A Lonely Place of Dying, but had a major probationary period from 1989 to 1991 where he was hardly a "full-fledged" Robin.

That said, these are still relatively brief. In the comics, in the old universe it's basically a couple months time training for each of them. (Bruce must be an amazing teacher.)

The cartoon doesn't require as much backstory, but they wouldn't jump ahead five years and show us that relationships have changed unless they intended to fill in that five-year gap with some pertinent flashbacks. Also just to knock back to the season finale as well; Dick & Zatanna; hell yeah. How did I never think about that match-up?
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    As to the topic of this thread... Is it possible the first few episodes are kind of a "flash forward" where disaster happens, and where someone travels back in time to warn the younger team of the invasion threat?
    That might be season 3.

on topic, Dick might not have been Nightwing till about a couple of months before the premiere.Tim might be new but he still feels like he has been doing the gig for a month or two.

Any thoughts on how to bring jason into the fold in a way that makes sense?

It's a kids show. Sadly, they don't wan't kids seeing how Jason died.

Jason doesn’t necessarily have to die. He could go away, fake his death, retire, turn evil, even stay robin forever! There’s any number of things they can do with him.
    Last edited by doriangray21; 04-29-2012 at 03:10 PM.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    How did I never think about that match-up?
    Because she's usually one of Bruce's stable.

Dick & Zatanna; hell yeah. How did I never think about that match-up?
    I know, right? I kind of want this to make it into the comic books...

As for the Tim/Jason/Dick becoming Nightwing thing? I kind of prefer if Todd wasn't involved, just for the sake of the timeline. If Jason existed, it just wouldn't add up well. Dick becoming Nightwing when he was younger than 17 just doesn't seem right, and he is only 18 now, maybe 19. And the idea that in the last year, year and a half, Jason became Robin, died, Bruce mourned, got over it, accepted a new Robin, and trained him? That's a pretty rapid time-scale. Of course, the nu52 has all the Robins in five years, so I can't complain too much. Oh well, it works fine if Dick became Nightwing at an earlier age, that just seems weird to me. Either way, it isn't a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Because she's usually one of Bruce's stable.
    Typically, yeah I suppose so. Although that was mostly Dini's doing and even in the flashbacks to when Zatarra was teaching Bruce Houdini-style escapes, she seemed younger than Bruce, right? What strikes me as cool is that they have growing up in the "stage performer lifestyle" in common.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

What strikes me as cool is that they have growing up in the "stage performer lifestyle" in common.
    Woah how come that never crossed my mind? That's a really interesting match up.

BTW did you notice that the system Klarion used to control the Justice League is the same one the Joker used to control the plants in the Injustice League episode? So basically the Joker was beta testing a system for the Lord of Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwing1124 View Post
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S UP WITH MISS MARTIAN AND LAGOON BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    M'Gann and La'Gann. Someone on the show thought that was cute. When they meet, I like Wolf's reaction: "What? Awww.." Also notice that they kiss for a very long time. They are still at it when Robin talks to Nightwing and only stop when Captain Atom appears.

First Robin,second Batman nightwing1124's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Um, ya. Thats pretty much his thing. He's Kenny
    I can imagine a mix of south park and a death in the family now.
    Batman:"oh my god! He killed Jason!"
    Joker:" Yah.... This pretty much happens every other day!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    Yup. Johnny Blake. And what's even better is that Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays Johnny Blake in Dark Knight Rises! Yup, the kid who's report card was stolen by the Joker makes it to the big screen!
    FINALLY!!The little guy gets his big break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is that an estimated guess if it's based on nothing? We have no idea if Tim is Robin III or II. And even if he was III, Jason could have lasted six months for all we know.
    Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I was gonna say that, but I didn't want a bad rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    That might be season 3.

on topic, Dick might not have been Nightwing till about a couple of months before the premiere.
    If that happened, they would've skipped his first suit again.AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pad View Post
    M'Gann and La'Gann. Someone on the show thought that was cute. When they meet, I like Wolf's reaction: "What? Awww.." Also notice that they kiss for a very long time. They are still at it when Robin talks to Nightwing and only stop when Captain Atom appears.
    yah, but super martian (Superboy + Miss Martian(not my Best work)) was cute. Now, Superboy should ask Nightwing for help considering how many girls he's been through.