Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Avenging One View Post
    Didn't he fight Prof. Hulk and Wonder Man briefly sometime in the 90's as well? I know he beat the Absorbing Man during the 90's H4H.
    I didn't read the Cage series in which he went up against Hulk and Wonder Man, but it was during that series that Luke got a power upgrade to unspecified levels. I never got to know up to how much. That's why I've asked about his strengh level before (don't remember in which thread) and a lot of discussion got us to 25 tons, which should allow him to carry that truck in New Avengers. In the H4H series he and She-Hulk went against Titania and Crusher Creel, but AM strength levels vary according to what he is absorbing.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though Strange probably would be the underdog fighting Magik in her own dimension, I don't think it's that hard to see.

Really, Strange has made a career of doing that sort of things with guys like Dormammu, Satanish, and Mephisto. Magik isn't the first hell lord he's gotten the better of, and likely won't be the last. It's really just another day at work for Stephen if you think about it.

No disrespect to Magik... on her turf she's the favorite. But overcoming these odds in this sort of situation is exactly what Strange does for a living.
    THIS, is exactly what I thought whilst reading the comic, and even more so browsing the X-boards about the match up. The general consensus is that Strange is a dead man, and doesnt stand a chance against her in Limbo. I know shes powerful, especially in Limbo, but Strange has taken on much stronger, darker, forces and come out on top. And as far as Hell Lords are concerned, Magik is an infant compared to the likes Dormammu, Mephisto, etc. Give her a few more centuries of undisputed reign in her dimension, and then maybe, she might be experienced enough to pose a legitimate threat to Dr. Strange.

If this was written in a Dr. Strange book, he would not only have stolen her Soul Sword, but probably would have sealed her away as a prisoner in her own dimension. Maybe with an assist from Wong, Damien Hellstrom, and/or Clea.
    The List: (New, Secret &) Avengers (+ Academy), Uncanny X-Force, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men Legacy, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Deadpool, Secret Warriors, SHIELD, Heroes for Hire, Deadpool, Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by The Avenging One View Post
    You missed the other preview image.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=1335563995

That is Magik fighting Cap, no?
    Can a soul sword be blocked without magic
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Doc could always conjure up a magic sword if he needed to.

Why he feels he needs a sword magic or not against Magneto is another matter.

He could just dump him in another dimension with just a wave of his hands.
    They don't want to go there since Magik could have done that in the first page of AvX#2
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by ROM_Reborn View Post
    THIS, is exactly what I thought whilst reading the comic, and even more so browsing the X-boards about the match up. The general consensus is that Strange is a dead man, and doesnt stand a chance against her in Limbo. I know shes powerful, especially in Limbo, but Strange has taken on much stronger, darker, forces and come out on top. And as far as Hell Lords are concerned, Magik is an infant compared to the likes Dormammu, Mephisto, etc. Give her a few more centuries of undisputed reign in her dimension, and then maybe, she might be experienced enough to pose a legitimate threat to Dr. Strange.
    I never thought he was a dead man. But she's a Sorceress Supreme in her own dimension. She knows the ground and has a small army of minions to help her. He, on the other hand, doesn't have Clea, Daimon, or Wong with him; he doesn't have his main artifacts any more; he doesn't have the power boost that comes with being Sorcerer Supreme; and he doesn't know her weaknesses. (He also has editors who won't let him cut loose and show his full strength, but enough of that...)

When he beat Nightmare and Dormammu on their own ground, it was always through a combination of wits, power, and luck. They could have squished him without breaking a sweat, but Dormammu in particular liked to play with his food, and could be lured into fighting "fair." If he'd used all his power and gone directly for the kill, Strange wouldn't have lasted very long.

If he and Magik did get into it, he would give her a very good fight, but ultimately she would be too much for him. She has every advantage but experience and she'd eventually wear him down. At some point he'd have to choose between making an escape or resorting to a big spell that would probably finish him as well as her.

I'm surprise no one has mentioned the fact that angel is back in action, and what this could imply ( the x-kids at the academy fighting?)

Ah, here we go. Mystery solved.

I'm not exactly sure who the woman with the two swords is, but he probably conjured up a sword to duel with her.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Ah, here we go. Mystery solved.

I'm not exactly sure who the woman with the two swords is, but he probably conjured up a sword to duel with her.
    The Woman seems to be Psylocke, but I can't figure out who Storm is blasting. Iron Fist?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    The Woman seems to be Psylocke, but I can't figure out who Storm is blasting. Iron Fist?
    Must be, since he and Black Panther went to Wakanda. Ouch. Poor Danny.

Danny's resistant to electricity. He'll be okay.

Dr. Strange wouldn't be able to fashion a soul sword. He lacks innocence to create one. Your soul has to be pure too, Illyana was a toddler when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Must be, since he and Black Panther went to Wakanda. Ouch. Poor Danny.
    I thought Iron Fist and Hope were in K'un Lun. There's another page showing Iceman fighting Red Hulk some more.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though Strange probably would be the underdog fighting Magik in her own dimension, I don't think it's that hard to see.

Really, Strange has made a career of doing that sort of things with guys like Dormammu, Satanish, and Mephisto. Magik isn't the first hell lord he's gotten the better of, and likely won't be the last. It's really just another day at work for Stephen if you think about it.

No disrespect to Magik... on her turf she's the favorite. But overcoming these odds in this sort of situation is exactly what Strange does for a living.
    Nicely said. So this is where Strange is now? ...guess I'll wait til he returns to the Defenders to pick up that book. That preview art is not my cup of tea.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

I have also thought people were selling Strange short against Illyana. Strange may not be Sorcerer Supreme anymore, but he is still The Man. I would favor him over any other magic user in the mainstream MU on any ground.

That is entirely true.

Sorcerer Supereme Strange against Illyana on her home turf would be a good fight, pretty even, home turf advantage for Illyana compensating for Stranges greater experience and marginally greater knowledge (Stranges judgement of relative knowledges).

Not-Sorcerer Supereme Strange without the Vishanti backing and deprived against one of the magical artifacts he relied on against another Superme on her home turf -with her soulsword artifact that is specialized for magical combat- definitly makes Strange the underdog. I'd still think he couls win, it is indeed what he does if it was a clever win.

It just won't be. Itll be like Namor vs. Thing. Or magneto vs. Iron Man. I mean, there is a pattern to these things, the Avengers are beating far more powerful X-men in the X-emns special element. (Magnetism/Water/Limbo)