Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy Lad View Post
    Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter got a lot of deserved hate, but there are hardly any games like it, and the New Game Plus feature which expanded on the story, plus the D-Ratio constantly making you live in fear of using too much power, made, what I feel, to be one of the stronger RPGs on the PS2.

(I would still very much like a sequel to Breath of Fire IV, though)
    There are actually quite a few games like it, before and after. It was pretty much just a rogue like with jrpg dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I hated the Draw system (the gameplay in general was really bad), the story, and characters.
    ... How was the gameplay "really bad"?

I agree with those that disliked the characters ... but I dislike the characters in every FF game. Actually, as far as FFVIII goes, the characters rank pretty highly on my list. At least Rinoa had the balls to chew out (the Mary Sue) Squall when he was being a douchebag. Well, once. She didn't do it the other fifty times.
    --*--
    Bring Back MI:13

We need more Black Knight and Faiza Hussain!

The rest of the time she acted like a capricious little child. And everyone had to go after her .

I tried to play the game three times, but the three times I couldn't continue because of a bug. I tried other CD (starting a new game), and I did not have that bug ... but another one later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissus View Post
    The rest of the time she acted like a capricious little child. And everyone had to go after her .

I tried to play the game three times, but the three times I couldn't continue because of a bug. I tried other CD (starting a new game), and I did not have that bug ... but another one later.
    Yes, I see...what are you talking about?

How come no one is coming in here to Defend Lair? LAIR, people!!!

I only know that it's pretty much the worst game that's been made for the PS3, so I expected to come in here and everyone defending it :)

As for me, I really love Web of Shadows. I do not know how much people hated it, but I think it's the best HD version of Spider-Man 2 that is available. There was a lot of innovation in the game. I haven't played a lot of the other Spidey games, but I'm pretty sure the aerial web attacks was new, the chaining of hits was new and fun, the wall attacks, the parkour-like elements, wall slide and running, etc.

The problems I had with the game is the voice acting and it's kind of glitch-y.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    How come no one is coming in here to Defend Lair? LAIR, people!!!

I only know that it's pretty much the worst game that's been made for the PS3, so I expected to come in here and everyone defending it :)

As for me, I really love Web of Shadows. I do not know how much people hated it, but I think it's the best HD version of Spider-Man 2 that is available. There was a lot of innovation in the game. I haven't played a lot of the other Spidey games, but I'm pretty sure the aerial web attacks was new, the chaining of hits was new and fun, the wall attacks, the parkour-like elements, wall slide and running, etc.

The problems I had with the game is the voice acting and it's kind of glitch-y.
    Well, maybe Lair is so bad people don't want to defend it.
    I never played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects is fun game that gets quite a lot of hate.

Yeah, it's a bit buggy and the controls are simplistic but it's still tons of fun playing around in a dstructive 3-D environment with a selection of Marvel characters. And it's the first fighting game I've seen that's open about the characters being unbalanced because it's being true to the source material and I liked that. I just love playing as Magneto and burying Human Torch under a pile of debris until the little bastard's dead.
    I never cared for the main game, but the 2 player fights are a lot of fun.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    yes, i see...what are you talking about?
    ff viii...

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    yes, i see...what are you talking about?
    ff viii...

Quote Originally Posted by Nissus View Post
    Isn't that the same as every FF heroine? Aeris got kidnapped, ran off her own, then died. Rinoa went after Edea on her own, went into a coma later on and very briefly got kidnapped after she woke up. Yuna was probably the most successful, only being kidnapped once for a forced marriage.

Behaviour-wise, Rinoa was hardly the worst of the bunch either. Every single hero is a complete douchebag for one thing. I don't want this thread to be hijacked by Final Fantasy talk though, so I'll leave it at that.
    --*--
    Bring Back MI:13

We need more Black Knight and Faiza Hussain!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    Isn't that the same as every FF heroine? Aeris got kidnapped, ran off her own, then died. Rinoa went after Edea on her own, went into a coma later on and very briefly got kidnapped after she woke up. Yuna was probably the most successful, only being kidnapped once for a forced marriage.

Behaviour-wise, Rinoa was hardly the worst of the bunch either. Every single hero is a complete douchebag for one thing. I don't want this thread to be hijacked by Final Fantasy talk though, so I'll leave it at that.
    In that case, all i will say on the matter, is everyone else doing it in the series doesn't really make it better.
    Celes was the only one who had to go through some real shit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post

well most of the time we get a second heroine that fixes everything, sure Aeris was a helpless whelp but then we had Tifa that was always taking charge and for a brief time became the leader of the team.

Yuna was whinny and clingy but got redemption through X-2 where she was a diva with kick ass short shorts and guns

Celes was overall very whinny but we had Terra to fix things when she was being emo

we always have a 2nd girl that picks up where the other falls short, but for Rinoa... its kinda pointless she's alone, Quistis I don't know why she gets so much love when she barely has any lines throughout the whole story, I guess its the whole hot for teacher complex? And Selphie 0___o she's more of a dude than a chick she was a "female" version of Michelangelo from TMNT!!

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I hated the Draw system
    Man, I loved the draw system. I hated being restricted by characters only having specific spells or a limit to how many times I could cast them. Having to recharge it with ethers or whatever is fine and dandy, but just being able to have a collection of 99 Ultima's or whatever I can use...just...loved it. And I enjoyed always seeing what magic enemies had to draw and the collective mentallity I have of "have to have all magic and as much as I can before getting bored spamming the draw option in each fight".

Depending on who you talk to, Legend of Dragoon was horrible. But I loved it. Thought the cutscenes were great, enjoyed the timed attacks in battles, thought the dragoon magic was cool, and thought the game looked great. It's up on PSN now, so I'm not sure how well it holds up. Will have to go back and see.

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    welAnd Selphie 0___o she's more of a dude than a chick she was a "female" version of Michelangelo from TMNT!!
    Selphie has the personality that at least one female seems to suffer in FF games after 7 at least (don't remember a lot of it before then). Yuffie from 7, Selphie in 8, maybe Eiko in 9, Rikku in 10/10-2, Vanille in 13....

There may be a little difference between them, but they all rubbed me the same way.

One thing that the developers recognized after 8 was that a gigantic realistic character running around an overhead map was very disturbing to the human eye/mind. In 7 it worked because Cloud was cartoony looking but in 8 it would slap you in the face everytime you moved around the world map, thus why from then on your characters were either cartoony on the world map or the realistic character did not move around on a world map.