Default Juggernaut and the eight gods in Spider-man

Hi!

You'll have to excuse me my lack of understanding of the Marvel Universe. I read a lot of Spider-man comics as a kid and has just recently taken up my interest again.

My question is this: Which issues of what series of Spider-man is it where they have a mini-series about how eight godlike beings made a deal millenias ago that they would each choose an avatar on earth to inherit their powers, and lead one eighth of the worlds population each in battle against the other avatars? It turns out that Juggernaut is an avatar of the god Cythorak(?) who as been awaken prematurely, and now all the other avatars wake up as well. If I remember correctly, Spider-man tries to deal with them and gets a little help from Iron man to do so.

All answers are greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, a born-again marvel enthusiast

I might also add that english is not my native language, and if there is some confusing grammar in my post I apologize for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonside View Post
    Hi!

You'll have to excuse me my lack of understanding of the Marvel Universe. I read a lot of Spider-man comics as a kid and has just recently taken up my interest again.

My question is this: Which issues of what series of Spider-man is it where they have a mini-series about how eight godlike beings made a deal millenias ago that they would each choose an avatar on earth to inherit their powers, and lead one eighth of the worlds population each in battle against the other avatars? It turns out that Juggernaut is an avatar of the god Cythorak(?) who as been awaken prematurely, and now all the other avatars wake up as well. If I remember correctly, Spider-man tries to deal with them and gets a little help from Iron man to do so.

All answers are greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, a born-again marvel enthusiast
    That was part of the Eighth Day crossover. Spider-Man joined in the fun in Peter Parker: Spider-Man (volume 2) #11.
    Who are Spider-Man's Greatest Villains? Find out here!

Yup. Here's a list of the issues involved.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Eighth_Day
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?