Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Apr 27, 2012

This week, Marvel Comics E-i-C Axel Alonso speaks up on how the publisher connects with its fanbase online and at cons, dropping hints and history on everything from Hulk and Spider-Man to Infinite Comics and "AvX."

Full article here.

BANNED

Anyone else get the feeling Thanos is about to be everywhere in the MU.

I love how people who aren't all pro Marvel are somehow painted as unreasonable. Maybe it's not so much about anonimity but instead about honesty. I wouldn't go up to Bendis at a convention and tell him I think his writing sucks. That would be me being honest but it would also be rude.

It seems to me that professionals seems to be a bit confused about message boards. They are a place to share your opinion and maybe even vent. Because it's a bloody message board to discuss comics good and bad. Not the don't be honest in case you offend the talent message boards.

I liked over on the DC boards when Gail Simone asked if it was okay to post on a thread because a professionals presence causes people to feel they can't be honest.
    Last edited by Sabrewulf; 04-27-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    I wouldn't go up to Bendis at a convention and tell him I think his writing sucks.
    I would
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

I remember one guy at a con begging me to retcon “One More Day.” I asked him if he was currently enjoying the series, and he said, emphatically, “Yes!” and then he went on to explain how much he liked so many of the subplots and characters that, again, wouldn’t have been possible if we hadn’t done “One More Day.” And I said, “Mission accomplished.”
    Name ONE that required Peter trade his marriage to Satan to undo mistakes he made of his own free will.

Just ONE subplot that couldn't have been accomplished with a divorced Peter, or a Peter who found out that the priest that married him wasn't ordained and he was never legally married.

Just ONE.

Take your time.

EDIT: Andy makes a good point below, self-deleted comment.
    Last edited by jyeager11; 04-27-2012 at 04:50 PM.

why would you post a possible spoiler to a movie that hasn't come out yet ? I've been trying to avoid reading anything about the end scene. It'd be cool if you deleted or put that under some sort of spoiler screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
    why would you post a possible spoiler to a movie that hasn't come out yet ? I've been trying to avoid reading anything about the end scene. It'd be cool if you deleted or put that under some sort of spoiler screen.
    You make a good point and I agree. Comment deleted.

And there’s one dramatic moment – let’s just say it involves sacrifice – that is going to make a lot of people mad and even more people cry

they'll be back, just like Thor did in Fear
    Last edited by 5cents; 04-27-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    And there’s one dramatic moment – let’s just say it involves sacrifice – that is going to make a lot of people mad and even more people cry

Depends on who it is. It always depends on who it is.
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post

Nightcrawler's still dead.

I mean, they found a spare, but still...
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Very shocking to read the Axel column and have the 1st question be about me. Don't know what's more shocking though, that he doesn't understand where I'm coming from or that he implies that I'm lying. I've a lot of thoughts on both but I just needed to post something so I could got back and try to focus on work for another hour or so

Also thanks jyeager11 that was really good of you

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    I love how people who aren't all pro Marvel are somehow painted as unreasonable. Maybe it's not so much about anonimity but instead about honesty. I wouldn't go up to Bendis at a convention and tell him I think his writing sucks. That would be me being honest but it would also be rude.
    I think its all about tone. And Alonso said that himself. It's very easy for folks to scream at the top of their lungs "THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" on messages boards instead of saying, "I don't think the lengthy dialogue between Vision and Wonderman at the beginning of the issue served the purpose of building dramatic tension." I mean, people lose their minds on these message boards on a second-by-second basis. Its laughable but also frustrating because you can't actually have a fun exchange between fans.

I like a lot of the decisions that Marvel has made in the last ten years so I get turned off when folks just scream bloody murder and don't actually engage in something meaningful.

BANNED

I'm guessing the new Scourge is Constrictor

BANNED

I love how SHEILDs fighter planes are clearly Russian Su-27 Flankers (or one of the many versions of that plane)
    Artist Fail! other than that the ultimate art is good

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I'm guessing the new Scourge is Constrictor
    Well, with Diamondback involved it would have made some sense given her recent history, but the question is why did he do it ?