Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Understanding Jean fans is simple.

2 things:

1. We want Jean.

2. With the exception of isolated Rachel/ Maddie fans, we don't care for the clones.

It's like the 8 versions of Hulk...why? They serve no purpose besides being lazy attempts at "new characters" with inherent, proven appeal.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Phoenix egg, what if Hope brings Jean back? Will your community LOVE her then?

I won't. I'll just finally be able to completely ignore that character.

Right now, I feel like if I'm not reading Hope I might miss something important.

Can't wait til that's over.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

A Goddess amongst mortals celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stopu View Post
    I think that the main reason why Jean fans get mad when Phoenix is assigned to other characters is that Phoenix was the only interesting thing about Jean. Remove Phoenix and what you have? Perfect Jean. That's so boring.

Phoenix is more like a curse for fun characters like Hope and Rachel.
    While a valid point I think you're a little bit off, personally I think that what all Jean fans really want is her back with that being said because she isn't back we would prefer if the continuity that Marvel established in their own books were respected. If you want to retcon the Phoenix Force fine its happened before it will happen again problem is its never done in a plausible way so years from now they'll have to re-retcon The PF again. And as boring and bland as Jean is she is often imitated by supposed better characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post

Discussion Question 2: Did the Dark Phoenix Saga simply not count as the Phoenix Force returning for the Davis Duke of Iron Fist land? Or, did Grand Dragon Iron Fist simply fail to notice the Phoenix's return all of the other times it came to Earth? Perhaps, all the other times the Phoenix Force hadn't returned and was only visiting?

(Note: the Iron Fist leader guy could also be said to be dressed like a green Cobra Commander)
    It's the same with the Avengers acting like the X-Men can't handle the Phoenix. This plot is all a mess, but I may end up liking the Jean Grey clone if she's not infact anything like Jean except for looks.
    Bring back X-23's series petition
    https://www.change.org/petitions/mar...n-series-again

Bring back X-23's series facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/X23Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Defenders has been a decent read for the most part, and Danny fits in well there.
    Am I correct in recalling that Sabertooth was originally an Iron Fist foe?
    He was, i believe sabertooth premiered there.

Quote Originally Posted by celestialbodies View Post
    While a valid point I think you're a little bit off, personally I think that what all Jean fans really want is her back with that being said because she isn't back we would prefer if the continuity that Marvel established in their own books were respected. If you want to retcon the Phoenix Force fine its happened before it will happen again problem is its never done in a plausible way so years from now they'll have to re-retcon The PF again. And as boring and bland as Jean is she is often imitated by supposed better characters.
    Namely...

Emma Frost
    Stepford Cuckoos
    Quentin Quire

All posers!
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

I was hoping someone would mention Feron!!! Its sad he is forgotten in 90s Excalibur lore..

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    How is she a "clone" if she's Jean's Chinese ancestor?
    Well see, there was this Chinese assasin who was body switched by Spiral and then became a pawn of the mandarin and, oh wait, nvm.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!!

I posted this in another thread but meant to post it in this one...

But in the AOA universe, Jean's ancestor was Mutant Alpha, an ancient mutant who had the Phoenix power.
    -Professor of Jean Grey Hermeneutics and Phoenix Studies

Whoo hoo Jean Week IIVX!!!
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Namely...

Emma Frost
    Stepford Cuckoos
    Quentin Quire

All posers!
    Which proves she was not all that boring in the first place if they have to keep bringing Jean up, and keep instilling the virtues attributed to her to other characters. Trying to make Emma Frost More jean like dilutes her as a character just as much as it does jean a disservice.

It’s brilliantly hilarious hahahaha

Now there are Azure Dragon (Iron Fist) and Vermilion bird (Phoenix Fengi), so where the heck are White Tiger and Black Tortoise?

Four Symbols, assemble! Find them, and you can fulfill any wish you desire!
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    so where the heck are White Tiger
    At Avengers Academy.

Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

† LINSUS X ZAYNT MALIK † Chase_Stein's Avatar

I want to be White Phoenix Jin Gureiii when ah grow up - Azn girl

"It doesn’t matter [if] you’re...Asian..., you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try." - Obama