Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fortyseven View Post
    Yes Znop. We know.
    Bishop's real motives for coming back have been revealed (or retconned if you will) in recent years to him coming back to stop Hope. Fitzroy was just his excuse to come here.
    Maybe you can sell that bullshit to the Neophytes around here but, I don't invest in, or respect lousy-ass retcons.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Maybe you can sell that bullshit to the Neophytes around here but, I don't invest in, or respect lousy-ass retcons.
    This isn't a continuity salad bar, ZNOP.

Love it. .......

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    I wasn't discounting what you said. But thanks for the uncited quotations and unnecessary condescending tone. I think you'll find what I said in no way contradicts your argument, but given that you seem not to know much about the X-Books of the twenty-first century (how is the white hot room this time of year?), I'll take a page out of your book and link you to an explanation of something more pertinent.
    Wikipedia? Hmm, not sure if that is going to cut it for ZNOP. Might as well write out her history on used toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Wikipedia? Hmm, not sure if that is going to cut it for ZNOP. Might as well write out her history on used toilet paper.
    ZNOP loves wikipedia.

BANNED

lol so you're basically saying that you ignore what actually happens in the comics and just go with what you think it actually should be. I don't really think that's how this works i'm afraid.

ZNOP loves wikipedia.
    Really I would of thought a guy of his strict canonical standards would not. I stand corrected.

Really I would of thought a guy of his strict canonical standards would not. I stand corrected.
    Almost every post links to Wikipedia in some way.
    Kind of backfires when someone goes in to edit the entries.
    ZNOP was convinced Hope had telepathy and telekenisis until I changed her wikipedia entry to her actual powers (power mimicry).

BANNED

Hasn't it been like nearly 15 years or something since he actually last read an x-men comic or something like that.

ZNOP was convinced Hope had telepathy and telekenisis until I changed her wikipedia entry to her actual powers (power mimicry).
    Yeah I actually won a bet once by changing a wiki entry and then pulling it up. I still feel guilty about it sometimes.

Wikipedia? Hmm, not sure if that is going to cut it for ZNOP.
    ZNOP loves wikipedia.
    Marvel's official website entry on Bishop says the same thing. Wikipedia is just easier to navigate to.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    lol so you're basically saying that you ignore what actually happens in the comics and just go with what you think it actually should be. I don't really think that's how this works i'm afraid.
    No I didn't say that... You did! I respect and stick to origin stories far more than I do senseless retcons... Plain and simple!
    Last edited by ZNOP; 04-27-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Additional link added.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Maybe you should try using the actual source material when formulating arguments.

Yeah I actually won a bet once by changing a wiki entry and then pulling it up. I still feel guilty about it sometimes.
    IIRC, fortyseven we were not debating if Hope had TP/TK abilities... We were talking about who she could have possibly been mimicking when She first manifested the Phoenix Effect in her eyes as a baby. Moreover in our ongoing debate -- You alter that Wikipedia entry after her mutant abilities were officially reviled information you got before I did. So you go on patting yourself on the back I won't tell anyone how low you were willing to stoop to be right... Oh, wait you just do. Good job And, yet till this day you still can't tell me (us) who she was mimicking the Phoenix Force from. Perhaps, you should edit/update that wiki again.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 04-27-2012 at 07:22 PM.

I AM PHOENIX!

You were convinced that she had telepathy and tk because Jean had those powers. She was just mimicking Cable.

She wasn't mimicking the Phoenix Force. She is a part of the Phoenix Force.
    Please keep up ZNOP.

and lol @ 'editing a wiki page' = 'stooping low'
    Last edited by fortyseven; 04-27-2012 at 07:32 PM.

You were convinced that she had telepathy and tk because Jean had those powers. She was just mimicking Cable.
    Again with the bullshit! First we were debating the ramifications of this panel...

And, second... I recall her displaying psionic abilities at birth when Cerebro blew up was Cable there too?!? At any rate when all was said and done back in the day you quickly changed said "wiki" in order to blow your own horn as if you accomplished something.

She wasn't mimicking the Phoenix Force. She is a part of the Phoenix Force.
    Please keep up ZNOP.
    Jean was part of the Phoenix Force... What's your point?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 04-27-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

I AM PHOENIX!