Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And statistics also say that half of marriages that occur before age 25 end in divorce or separation within 10 years.
    Cool. Probably shouldn't get married then.

Sue was the one who proposed in this situation so the impulsive decision was still in her hands.
    Yeah, seven months after the break-up.

Considering that the later two hadn't been enough for Sue, then that just makes her look shallow. The fact that despite nothing of Ben's personality changed between him being in rocky form and his human/ionic form and yet she was only able to accept him after should be a big red light for Ben. She only loves him so long as he's attractive and that's simply not love, it's lust. Ben deserves someone who would love him for who he is, not what he looks like.
    There are two very big reasons why she didn't get with Ben.

1. She was with Reed. She isn't a skank.

2. It would be physically impossible to get sexually intimate with him. And I don't mean to be rude but he'd have a cock made of rock! Intimacy is important in a relationship. Call it asthetic, call it artificial, it's still a defining aspect of a relationship and I can see why not a lot of girls would want to be with a man they couldn't have sex with. They want that. I know it's sad, but Thing could barely give a good cuddle.

Except the entire romantic plot point was shoehorned into the story. Ben's confession to Sue came completely out of left field and that, along with the proposal at the end, would have taken nothing important away from the story if they hadn't been in there at all as nothing in the story hinged on them hooking up. It was completely unnecessary. Sue doesn't have to be in a relationship with one of her teammates or in one at all in every universe. In fact Sue hooking up with Ben isn't anything new, it's been done before.
    Shoehorned in for what reason?

And I can see why you wouldn't like it because it's [so] 'been done'. But I don't think that's a good reason to hate Sue. Regardless of how cleche it may seem. Romances usually are.

You're entitled to your opinon though and as it stands I am no more right than you. It's a matter of perspective. I just think calling her a bitch is a bit much when you consider the fact that we've got worse femefetales (can't spell) in the UU like Betty who is SO much more of a bitch than Sue.

I find Sue's motives to be understandable. And I still don't see how she's the most hated female on the ultimate board. But to each his own.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 05-01-2012 at 05:06 PM.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post

Oh. But IMO, if neither of them are freinds with that guy anymore, and he's betrayed them both, I can really see why'd they get together. It's actually pretty realistic.
    Actually Ben proved that even after the events of Ultimate Doom that he was still Reed's friend in that he wants to bring Reed back to who he used to be and even after they won, he was morning the loss of Reed probably believing he was dead.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Actually Ben proved that even after the events of Ultimate Doom that he was still Reed's friend in that he wants to bring Reed back to who he used to be and even after they won, he was morning the loss of Reed probably believing he was dead.
    He would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    sage6paths, you do know that this is an 'Appreciation' thread right?
    I laughed so hard. Ant it wasn't just the seagrams 7. I agree with sage6paths...but i dont hate during appreciation time
    My Lexicon is the Cannon Fodder of Megatron. Tumble from the Heavens, Blue Angel harboring chest bombs. The Mogul of Chernobyl - Emir Lye

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Airelle Adam View Post
    I laughed so hard. Ant it wasn't just the seagrams 7. I agree with sage6paths...but i dont hate during appreciation time
    Well I could just make a Susan Storm deappreciation thread but I really don't want too. Plus these appreciation threads never go anywhere anyway. And I don't see people complain about the people who hate Ultimatum in the Ultimatum appreciation thread.
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ciation-Thread

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Well I could just make a Susan Storm deappreciation thread but I really don't want too. Plus these appreciation threads never go anywhere anyway. And I don't see people complain about the people who hate Ultimatum in the Ultimatum appreciation thread.
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ciation-Thread
    Funny thing is, between the Sue love, hate and debates of her, this thread has already gotten further than the Ultimatum Appreciation thread did.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post
    Are you not familiar with the concept of a rebound? First of all, meaningless/non-committal physical companionship is a time tested way to not go crazy over heartbreak (lol), and I don't think Sue should be faulted for being lonely. Second of all, I don't remember her getting slapped, but super hero related violence probably shouldn't be equated to domestic abuse.
    Ahh I forgot to put up the picture.
    I would say this is both super hero related violence and domestic abuse.