Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,853

    Default CBR's 25 Greatest Spider-Man Villains #15-11

    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...1/#more-108454

    #15: Carnage
    #14: The Jackal
    #13: Mac Gargan (Venom/Scorpion)
    #12: The Vulture (Adrian)
    #11: The Rhino
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  2. #2

    Default

    I think those are pretty decent placements for those particular villains to be honest. Both Carnage and the Jackal are essentially copycats of Venom and the Green Goblin respectively, but are still noteworthy villains with their own fans. Mac Gargan, ideally, should be closer to Spidey's A-list villains but is, more or less, a tank for someone for Spidey to trade blows with. The Vulture is noteworthy what with him being a Stan Lee/Steve Ditko villain and has some character depth, but is, more or less the Penguin of the Spider-Man comics (and not because both villains are named after birds). And it's nice to see Rhino, based upon his more recent developments, getting more recognition and his placement, in my mind, is more like an honorable mention on the whatever the final top ten will be.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

    Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

  3. #3

    Default

    For some reason I feel The Jackal should be a little higher on the list than 14, he should be a top 10, considering he has affected Peters life ridicously.

  4. #4
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadshalldeadremain View Post
    For some reason I feel The Jackal should be a little higher on the list than 14, he should be a top 10, considering he has affected Peters life ridicously.
    I love The Jackal. He's the ultimate super villain troll. But he's really only been the villain in three stories. The 70s Clone Saga. The 90s Clone Saga (and he was co-opted in that story by Norman). And Spider-Island.

    (That being said, he cloned Spider-Man. He cloned Spider-Man's dead girlfriend. And he created a virus that gave everyone Spider-Man's powers. Not even The Joker has trolled Batman that hard.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...1/#more-108454

    #15: Carnage
    #14: The Jackal
    #13: Mac Gargan (Venom/Scorpion)
    #12: The Vulture (Adrian)
    #11: The Rhino
    So glad my votes for Scorpion and Jackal didn't go to waste, but those two really should have been among the top 10
    Blogger

    I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I love The Jackal. He's the ultimate super villain troll. But he's really only been the villain in three stories. The 70s Clone Saga. The 90s Clone Saga (and he was co-opted in that story by Norman). And Spider-Island.

    (That being said, he cloned Spider-Man. He cloned Spider-Man's dead girlfriend. And he created a virus that gave everyone Spider-Man's powers. Not even The Joker has trolled Batman that hard.)
    The 90s clone saga was huge, if not one of the "unfortuantly for some" biggest events for Spidey. We got 2 Scarlet Spiders from Jackal as well, one who was a extremly formable villian for some time. Huge imprint left by that guy, and I know hell be back, may not be soon but definatly within the next few years.

  7. #7
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadshalldeadremain View Post
    The 90s clone saga was huge, if not one of the "unfortuantly for some" biggest events for Spidey. We got 2 Scarlet Spiders from Jackal as well, one who was a extremly formable villian for some time. Huge imprint left by that guy, and I know hell be back, may not be soon but definatly within the next few years.
    For the villain in only three stories, The Jackal has had a HUGE influence on Spider-Man's life. I agree with that.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadshalldeadremain View Post
    The 90s clone saga was huge, if not one of the "unfortuantly for some" biggest events for Spidey. We got 2 Scarlet Spiders from Jackal as well, one who was a extremly formable villian for some time. Huge imprint left by that guy, and I know hell be back, may not be soon but definatly within the next few years.
    All true. Although, I wonder if the reason why Jackal didn't have enough votes to get into the top 10 is because of his association with the Clone Saga. After all, it may have been because of that association (not to mention the fact he was presumed to be dead) that explains why Marvel avoided using the Jackal for so many years until Spider-Island came along.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

    Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

  9. #9

    Default

    Ya I can see that holding him back quite a bit. I wanna see them expand on him more, would be nice to see him show up in Scarlet Spider.

  10. #10
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10,853

    Default

    I want to see The Jackal in the movies. We already have Gwen Stacy and we know Norman Osborn is out there. We can do this properly.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

    My Facebook page

  11. #11
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,463

    Default

    Alistair smythe! Now!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    N/A on Comicbookresources
    Posts
    2,350

    Default

    If top ten list probably has Kraven the Hunter, he shoulda been in the 20s, atleast higher 10s, for basically being a guy people love for mostly two storylines (Fearful Symmetry & Grim Hunt), most people dismiss him as a loser for most of his career, although I personally loved his Stan Lee / Steve Ditko / Johnny Romita Sr stories.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,793

    Default

    Honestly my only problem here is with Rhino. Rhino is very meh to me. =\
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

  14. #14
    Senior Member classicgmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,945

    Default

    Surprised nobody has brought this up yet (or maybe I'm just weird) but does anyone else think Mephisto deserves a spot on this list somewhere I know he doesn't have a ton of history with Spidey & isn't a reoccurring villain BUT I think he should be up there somewhere because A. of what he took from Spidey that was a huge part of his life & B. Evil won!! I mean he beat Spidey & did so in a big way.


    Not saying he should beat be at the top but I think he should be up there somewhere.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Does anyone else think Mephisto deserves a spot on this list somewhere I know he doesn't have a ton of history with Spidey & isn't a reoccurring villain BUT I think he should be up there somewhere because
    A. of what he took from Spidey that was a huge part of his life &
    B. Evil won!! I mean he beat Spidey & did so in a big way.
    He was retconned out of the story, I will agree when he gets retconned back in
    Blogger

    I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •