Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    The reason Quentin Beck dawned a remodeled version of his 1996 costume while in the UU was because he realized that his likeness was already being used in the Spider-Man movie... Why he cares is beyond me...

Of course the real reason is that this wasn't originally planned. Our Mysterio was originally written as being OUR Mysterio. This new twist was only thought up recently I'm sure.
    LOL nope. Bendis planned this from the start mate. People underestimate his seed planting.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    LOL nope. Bendis planned this from the start mate. People underestimate his seed planting.
    You sure you're talking about Bendis and not Remender?
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You sure you're talking about Bendis and not Remender?
    Yeah. Secret Invasion came out in 2008, first seeds were in Secret War which came out 2004-2005 and New Avengers v1

Man, the more I hear about this the more I feel it's not for me.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    I'm sorry that you don't like this story (because it's awesome to me), but I have thoroughly enjoyed your gradual decline into hatred for this series.
    Haha. My love for everything Ultimate is still there, but i don't like this "Ultimate character is actually 616 character" nonsense. It just sounds stupid to me and has relegated the Ultimate Universe to just ANOTHER parallel universe that 616 can come in and screw up whenever they want. Because if it happened with Mysterio, why not with Doom? Why not with Mephisto? Why not with Thanos? Or any other villain?

What makes the Ultimate Universe different to any other alternate universe now? It used to be separate, but now it's just ANOTHER bolt on to 616.

I won't be buying this, even in trade now. This is Loeb levels of Ultimate stupid to me.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

As much as I assumed I would have hated the idea of Ultimate Mysterio being one and the same as Ultimate Mysterio, I have to admit that I'm actually pretty eager to see where it goes. Though I think I would have enjoyed it way more if they were separate and could interact. The contrast between the two characters would have made it awesome. Pfff, contrast? lol, if they're the same why are they so different? :P

So this STILL means that since the beginning of the UU there hasn't been an Ultimate Mysterio. Maybe this is just Bendis coming up with a way to Re-Ultimatize Mysterio. This mini could actually be the first appearance of the real Ultimate Mysterio. Though I have to admit I am disappointed. Mysterio was my favorite Spidey villain.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

How do we know Bendis isn't just trolling us? Seems like an odd thing to reveal on Twitter. Frankly it's disappointing, since Ultimate Mysterio has been a lot more menacing than his 616 counterpart. Not to mention, wasn't Mysterio dead a while ago? Did he get ressurected before his introduction in 1610 or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    As much as I assumed I would have hated the idea of Ultimate Mysterio being one and the same as Ultimate Mysterio, I have to admit that I'm actually pretty eager to see where it goes. Though I think I would have enjoyed it way more if they were separate and could interact. The contrast between the two characters would have made it awesome. Pfff, contrast? lol, if they're the same why are they so different? :P

So this STILL means that since the beginning of the UU there hasn't been an Ultimate Mysterio. Maybe this is just Bendis coming up with a way to Re-Ultimatize Mysterio. This mini could actually be the first appearance of the real Ultimate Mysterio. Though I have to admit I am disappointed. Mysterio was my favorite Spidey villain.
    What I'm thinking is that the man behind the Mysterio robot (as seen in the Black Cat/Mysterio arc) will end up being 616 Mysterio. It's kind of doubtful that it was Bendis's plan from the beginning, though, as Death of Spider-man hadn't even been talked about at the time of Mysterio's first appearance, and that was a time when the 616/Ultimate crossover was still a no-no.

As long as we get to see Pichelli draw Ultimate Mysterio again, I'll be happy.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

CBR: When Miles Morales came in and you guys were also involved in making that character a living, breathing thing on the page and making him a big deal for Marvel fans, did the idea of "We've got this unique character, can we put him with Peter Parker" come to you right away or did it take a while before you thought, "No, maybe this is something we really need to think about doing."

JOE Q: It took a while for the seed to germinate. What happened was we were in a creative meeting and we were wondering what to do for Spider-Man's 50th anniversary. We started to work at Dan Slott's publishing plan and we were like, "Wow. Dan's got a lot of stuff here." In order for us to insert something that would be a really -- that would be worthy of Spider-Man's 50th anniversary, we'd have to derail Dan and say, "Dan, can you start thinking about something else." We didn't want to do that and everybody in the room was sort of kibitzing about and I'm sitting there like the cat that ate the canary because it had hit me that with Miles in the universe and with Peter Parker, maybe this is the place where two characters from two different universes should meet, but I was hesitant to say it because I had been the one that had been pooh-poohing Ultimate/Regular Marvel Universe crossovers for years!

So I said, "Listen guys, I'm going to give everybody in the room exactly what they want. What about this?" and that's when the room sort of lit up and we knew we had something that was worthy of the 50th anniversary. The next step though was of course pitching it to Brian Bendis. I called up Brian and I said, "Brian, what do you think?" He said, "Yes!" So that's how it came to be.
    So Bendis planted seeds in advance to a story he had no idea he would be asked to write? Guys got skills
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile_17 View Post
    So Bendis planted seeds in advance to a story he had no idea he would be asked to write? Guys got skills
    I'd imagine that this conversation happened before USM v2 #1. Hell, even USM Annual #3!
    Last edited by wyokid; 04-28-2012 at 10:28 AM.

I know that if Ultimate Mystero met 616 Mysterio, the Ultimate one would kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok C. View Post
    I know that if Ultimate Mystero met 616 Mysterio, the Ultimate one would kill him.
    Suicide???
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I can't wait for this, it's going to be so good!!!

What are the chances of turning this into a movie? It would be a way to get all the normal spiderman fans in, and also let marvel see what kind of reaction they would get with a ultimate spiderman played by, say, jaden smith? I'm calling it now, if this is a hit then you know there will be talk about movie options. My guess is it would be amazing Spiderman 3. Then they could have Gwen die in amazing spider man 2, introduce ultimate spiderman in 3 and then give ultimate spiderman his own movie after that.

I'd imagine that this conversation happened before USM v2 #1. Hell, even USM Annual #3!
    Well, considering they didn't even have the idea for Miles Morales yet at that time, I kind of doubt it.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Since ultimate mysterio is 616 mysterio does he know the does he know the identity of 616 spiderman? after all everyone knows who he is in ultimate now.