Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm thinking Bendis may need to take notes from our regional M. Night Shyamalan, Nick Spencer. The key to creating a big plot twist is not spoiling it over twitter 2 months before the mini even starts.
    Considering the fact that he said it over twitter, I'd say it's not written as a huge surprise.
    Comics are more better.

The reason Quentin Beck dawned a remodeled version of his 1996 costume while in the UU was because he realized that his likeness was already being used in the Spider-Man movie... Why he cares is beyond me...

Of course the real reason is that this wasn't originally planned. Our Mysterio was originally written as being OUR Mysterio. This new twist was only thought up recently I'm sure.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    The reason Quentin Beck dawned a remodeled version of his 1996 costume while in the UU was because he realized that his likeness was already being used in the Spider-Man movie... Why he cares is beyond me...

Of course the real reason is that this wasn't originally planned. Our Mysterio was originally written as being OUR Mysterio. This new twist was only thought up recently I'm sure.
    The grand power of Bendis and retcons. Truly something to be feared.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The grand power of Bendis and retcons. Truly something to be feared.
    To be fair we knew he was operating through robots and it was never (for the sake of my argument) explicitly stated that he wasn't 616 Mysterio so technically, it's not a retcon. And of course, they could have know Spider-Men was coming when UCSM launched.
    Comics are more better.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    To be fair we knew he was operating through robots and it was never (for the sake of my argument) explicitly stated that he wasn't 616 Mysterio so technically, it's not a retcon. And of course, they could have know Spider-Men was coming when UCSM launched.
    I'm sure by the time Death of Spider-Man was written that they were already talking about Spider-Men, hence the robotics. But back during the first arc after Ultimatum Mysterio was unkasked and revealed to be a bald caucasian male. Not a robot. So there were discrepancies between the two "unmaskings". So my hypothesis is that when Ultimate Mysterio was first created he was just another UU character, same as any other. But around the time of Death of Spider-Man Bendis may have written him as a robot for the explicit purposes of tying it in with Spider-Men. Why, I don't quite understand because if they are one and the same anyway, why bother making him a robot? Especially if he was already revealed to be a human being.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I'm sure by the time Death of Spider-Man was written that they were already talking about Spider-Men, hence the robotics. But back during the first arc after Ultimatum Mysterio was unkasked and revealed to be a bald caucasian male. Not a robot. So there were discrepancies between the two "unmaskings". So my hypothesis is that when Ultimate Mysterio was first created he was just another UU character, same as any other. But around the time of Death of Spider-Man Bendis may have written him as a robot for the explicit purposes of tying it in with Spider-Men. Why, I don't quite understand because if they are one and the same anyway, why bother making him a robot? Especially if he was already revealed to be a human being.
    Android? I'm just really don't want it to be a shameless retcon. I'll enjoy it either way but yknow.
    Comics are more better.

Now if I'm remembering things properly the mysterio in 616 atm may be fake since back just before civil war Mysterio came back to life and got an upgrade(he alluded to getting actual powers instead of illusions but eh reality isn't cut and dry when mysterio is involved in a good story) while the one pictured by a previous poster only used illusions. Said plot point about that was dropped but I think the timeline slightly meshes properly with UU mysterio showing up.
    So the current 616 mysterio is an illusion to make sure noone think he's missing while the "real" 616 mysterio is hamming it up in the UU for his crime sprees. I personally think he's holing up in the 616 whenever he isn't working since that enables him to evade capture thanks to noone even realizing they have to chase him through another dimension and in 616 he has a robot pretend to be him at the old power levels as he doesn't want to actually go to 616 jail while his UU work is still in progress.

Can anyone post the tweet where he confirms they're the same? I'm not finding it.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Now if I'm remembering things properly the mysterio in 616 atm may be fake since back just before civil war Mysterio came back to life and got an upgrade(he alluded to getting actual powers instead of illusions but eh reality isn't cut and dry when mysterio is involved in a good story) while the one pictured by a previous poster only used illusions. Said plot point about that was dropped but I think the timeline slightly meshes properly with UU mysterio showing up.
    So the current 616 mysterio is an illusion to make sure noone think he's missing while the "real" 616 mysterio is hamming it up in the UU for his crime sprees. I personally think he's holing up in the 616 whenever he isn't working since that enables him to evade capture thanks to noone even realizing they have to chase him through another dimension and in 616 he has a robot pretend to be him at the old power levels as he doesn't want to actually go to 616 jail while his UU work is still in progress.
    That would be awesome but I don't know remember anything about 616 Mysterio that far back.
    Last edited by Codah; 04-27-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    Comics are more better.

Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post
    Can anyone post the tweet where he confirms they're the same? I'm not finding it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myst.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	92486

Here ya go, bro.
    Comics are more better.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myst.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	92486

Here ya go, bro.
    Thanks, my friend. Good golly, that's cool. I can't wait to see the reveal and/or Mysterio's purposes for cross-dimensioning.

Come to think of it... I really hope that the UU gets to keep a Mysterio. I really liked his showing in UCSM, though it looks like Uncle Aaron will end up being the next Kingpin. Honestly, I probably like that angle better even better because it'll give us our gang war AND put Miles through the wringer emotionally, but still... We'll see what Bendis gives us.
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)

So let's think about what we've gotten so far since Miles became Spider-Man:

- Scorpion was Re-Ultimatized
    - Mysterio was De-Ultimatized

How did Mysterio get that much power?

If someone could help explain what I missed. Thanks
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

I hope the Chameleons make their epic return as Miles' pet lizards.
    Last edited by Codah; 04-27-2012 at 08:55 PM.
    Comics are more better.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED Ultimate Chameleon being a Parker clone, but Chameleon has always been a small potatoes villain for Spider-Man. He makes for a great opponent in a fist fight no doubt, but he doesn't typically have enough depth to him to support a story arc by himself. While this new guy will probably be Scorpion in name only, at least he'll give us some good stories for our troubles =D.

I will say that Bendis is going to have to sell me on Mysterio ducking out of the Kingpin power vacuum, because I was kinda looking forward to that for him. Otherwise his first appearance is going to reek of a false start :/.