Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Mysterio brings together two heroes in historic 'Spider-Men'

From USA Today,

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/...ies/54579546/1

Mysterio, the nefarious magic man who has been a Spider-Man villain since the hero's earliest days, is the guy who finds a rift between the regular Marvel Universe and the alternate-reality Ultimate Universe, a plot device that is central to the upcoming Spider-Men.
    Beginning in June, the five-issue Marvel Comics miniseries by the Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man creative team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Sara Pichelli will feature the first meeting of Peter, Stan Lee's original-recipe web-slinger from The Amazing Spider-Man, and Miles, Bendis' half-black, half-Hispanic teenage hero.
    Bendis says fans who have been following Ultimate comics religiously will enjoy the Mysterio reveal. The villain has been making trouble in that universe for a while, traveling incognito to and from the regular universe.

The rest in the link.

I guess this is what happened to Ultimate Mysterio...
    Comics are more better.

Mysterio was already the cause of the Shattered Dimensions video game meeting between 616 and the UU. So Marvel is basically (again) recycling a video game story for the comics (the same thing happened for the Ultimate Spider-Man video game, which lent ideas and plot to the War of the Symbiotes story arc many years later in the comics.)

Perhaps 616 Mysterio really IS Ultimate Mysterio. Or maybe they'll meet. So many possibilities.
    Last edited by Balfro; 04-27-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Aha, two conflicting thoughts on this:

NEGATIVE: Mysterio was already the cause of the Shattered Dimensions video game meeting between 616 and the UU. So Marvel is basically (again) recycling a video game story for the comics (the same thing happened for the Ultimate Spider-Man video game, which lent ideas and plot to the War of the Symbiotes story arc many years later in the comics.)

POSITIVE: It is confirmed that Ultimate Mysterio is at least playing a part in this. Bendis said that he's actually been going back and forth between the UU and 616 for a while now. Possibly using the Zodiac Key? Or perhaps 616 Mysterio really IS Ultimate Mysterio and is using tech that allows him to control a robot body across the dimensional rift. So many possibilities.
    This is what I'm hoping for. That'd be really scary to know that he's been doing it for that long. The only thing is that 616 Mysterio isn't quite as ruthless and angry as Ultimate.
    Comics are more better.

Mysterio was already the cause of the Shattered Dimensions video game meeting between 616 and the UU. So Marvel is basically (again) recycling a video game story for the comics (the same thing happened for the Ultimate Spider-Man video game, which lent ideas and plot to the War of the Symbiotes story arc many years later in the comics.)
    Yeah, it's no wonder Slott isn't playing a role in this outside consultant for the event.

Still, Maybe we would see Ultimate version of Stan Lee and Steve Ditko in this event.

Perhaps 616 Mysterio really IS Ultimate Mysterio. Or maybe they'll meet. So many possibilities.
    You could say that they recycled the Timestorm storyline too. When 616 Peter crossed over to the 2099 universe and met a young Miguel O'Hara. Hopefully Peter doesn't do the same thing to Miles as he did to Miguel. Which was essentially telling him to quit being Spider-Man.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

I'm thinking Bendis may need to take notes from our regional M. Night Shyamalan, Nick Spencer. The key to creating a big plot twist is not spoiling it over twitter 2 months before the mini even starts.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm thinking Bendis may need to take notes from our regional M. Night Shyamalan, Nick Spencer. The key to creating a big plot twist is not spoiling it over twitter 2 months before the mini even starts.
    Considering the fact that he said it over twitter, I'd say it's not written as a huge surprise.
    Comics are more better.

The reason Quentin Beck dawned a remodeled version of his 1996 costume while in the UU was because he realized that his likeness was already being used in the Spider-Man movie... Why he cares is beyond me...

Of course the real reason is that this wasn't originally planned. Our Mysterio was originally written as being OUR Mysterio. This new twist was only thought up recently I'm sure.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    Bendis says fans who have been following Ultimate comics religiously will enjoy the Mysterio reveal. The villain has been making trouble in that universe for a while, traveling incognito to and from the regular universe.

The rest in the link.

I guess this is what happened to Ultimate Mysterio...
    Holy Shit really! I knew it was going to be Mysterio but Ultimate Mysterio is 616 Mysterio. Bendis you have either made the worst idea ever or the best idea.

Oh good, maybe they'll tie up the loose end of the Zodiac key and close that door for the chronic Peter-mourners and resurrection hopefuls.

On a happier note, I'm especially curious to see which 616 occurrences, if any, Mysterio claims responsibility for.

I changed my above post (for those who quoted me). I re-read the article. Ultimate Mysterio isn't mentioned at all. Just that 616 Mysterio has been travelling between 616 and the UU presumably for a while now.

I changed my above post (for those who quoted me). I re-read the article. Ultimate Mysterio isn't mentioned at all. Just that 616 Mysterio has been travelling between 616 and the UU presumably for a while now.
    Oh crap, you're right. Reading the excerpt, I just assumed Ultimate Mysterio was the guy. Reading the article, it seems all fishbowls, fishbowls as far as the eye can see.

So not only is this a crossover between 616 and Ultimate, bendis is now saying that there is a character who has been moving EASILY inbetween universes? Yeah, screw this.

EDIT: also that cover shows fishbowl Mysterio, who is awful.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    So not only is this a crossover between 616 and Ultimate, bendis is now saying that there is a character who has been moving EASILY inbetween universes? Yeah, screw this.

EDIT: also that cover shows fishbowl Mysterio, who is awful.
    I agree. Ultimate Mysterio is a really scary villain, it's gonna be a bit dumb if it is just 616 Mysterio cause jesus, he is so lame.
    Comics are more better.

Oh, I didn't even notice 616 Mysterio in the background of that cover.

Seriously if they don't have Ultimate Mysterio in this story, especially now, I will be pissed. He is my favorite Ultimate Spidey villain and his recent story would work so well with this crossover.